HOSTPAPA Employee Reviews

Local workers terminated and replaced offshore
Customer Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON2 October 2019
The work was wonderful. But when a new manager came on board, I watched as employee after employee was terminated and replaced with low paid workers from abroad.
Pros
Ability to work from home, wonderful clients and challenging work.
Cons
Obviously, termination.
Wonderful workplace - learning possibilities
Leve2 Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Remote23 September 2019
Great environment to work and learn new things starting in the first days of the job. Great opportunity to evaluate yourself and see the exact path that you should follow to grow as system administrator. Great team-work at HostPapa to provide best support to customers.
Pros
Great environment, flexible schedule, learning possibilities
Cons
Extra training sessions needed
Excellent place to work and grow
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Remote9 September 2019
I've found here a very good work ethic, compatible with mine so I am happy here. People I work with are skilled, experienced, always ready to help and collaborate.

Pros
- Opportunities to learn new technologies
- Opportunities to grow with the company
- Opportunity to work with skilled colleagues and improve your own skills
- Flexible work scheduling, advantages of working remotely
- Good, hard work and caring for the customer is always rewarded
- Your feedback is listened and valued
- Management is friendly and understanding

Cons
Can't find any so far
Awesome Place to Work!
Customer Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Remote13 November 2018
My experience working with Hostpapa for more than a year has been awesome.

As an employee, you're constantly given the opportunities to grow and learn outside of your areas of responsibility. You're also expected and trusted to use your own best judgement to assist in providing the best possible service.

Management is very accessible and understanding, plus all the team members are very helpful, caring and always willing to assist each other.

Due to the level of freedom that the company provides in terms of roles, shifting priorities and constant need of multitasking is expected and can be the hardest part of the job, but at the same time this had made the experience of working with Hostpapa very rewarding in terms of growth, and hard work is definitely appreciated here.
Pros
Remote work, Very Accessible Management & room for growth
Cons
None so far
Account Manager/Sales (Current Employee) –  San Salvador29 October 2018
Great people, Excellent Management, Real Teamwork, continue learning and developing. It is a place where you learn from others, get help and continue motivation to reach goals and success.
Pros
The entire company is a pro, they all are great people and everything is just positive about HostPapa jobs.
Cons
I can not find any at the moment.
Forward looking company
Inside Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  San Salvador29 October 2018
Very relaxed work at home. One puts the effort that will surely be rewarded. First time in my life that I experience remote teleworker. As long as you are responsible, the win-win situation is an excellent opportunity to work for a solid company.
Management is very friendly, and responsive. Friendly colleagues make a complex job easy to perform.
Pros
Remote worker
Cons
Long Hours
Fantastic Place to Work
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 October 2018
A super innovative company with a lot of room to grow! Hard work is definitely recognized and compensated for! Management is super open-minded and the best part? You can work from anywhere in the world!
Pros
freedom, flexibility, good compensation, room for growth
Cons
Can't think of any
2 Year Review
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON23 October 2018
Dynamic environment - professional people, a lot to learn about to learn from.

It's been almost 2 Years that I am with the company now and I've been quite happy. The atmosphere among the colleagues is good (not only within the particular team but through the company).

Healthy employee and management relations and human approach from a business perspective of view (not only for the clients, the same goes for the team employees).

Quite happy to be a part of the team.

Admitting the weak points and discussing what can we can do to improve them is one of the things I quite appreciate.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, professional team, possibility for improvements.
Cons
At times slower internal communication, although something that is recognized, and being worked on!
My first experience in IT couldn't be better!
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Remote position19 October 2018
A typical day at work starts when I log in our live support tools (chats/phones), we constantly receive inbound chats/calls from people who needs support or guidance in a wide range of topics between technical and billing issues/opportunities. We have team leaders who keep an eye on the big picture of the shift and we must be flexible to help wherever the team needs a hand. Everyone is smart and skilled, but also very respectful and relaxed. The hardest part of the job is handling live supports during spikes, they appear once or twice a day and the most enjoyable part of the job is to be able to travel the world while building up your future.
Pros
Location independent, flexible vacations, welcoming atmosphere, learning environment
Cons
Cannot think of any cons, you must have good equipment to work (laptop, phone, headphones, etc), you must take that into account to work here, but that seems normal for me
Awesome company to work for
Customer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Remote6 June 2018
I've been here for almost a year and I can say that HostPapa is the place where teamwork really matters.

Great and hard working teams ready to jump and help whenever is needed.

Lots of opportunities to learn new things and improve yourself.

Awesome company with a great management.
Pros
Work remotely
Stellar company to work for, and awesome team to work with!
Team Lead, Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Remote28 May 2018
HostPapa is wonderful to work with and really rewards hard work and dedication. The pay is comparable to the work. You learn something new each day and the company will reimburse you for work-related courses or hardware you had to buy. Even though your role is Technical Support, there are other areas you are able to work on to take a break from normal support work like for instance I helped with the knowledge base some before becoming a team lead.
Pros
Hour Lunch, Good Pay, Awesome Team, Work-related course reimbursement.
Cons
10-99 contractor status, no benefits or taxes withheld.
Great staff and coworkers!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON22 May 2018
The employees at HostPapa are hard working and helpful with not only our customers but with one another. We all work as a team to assist our customers with the task at hand.
Working remote with a flexible schedule is a great bonus when working for HostPapa.
Great workplace
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Remote11 May 2018
I am with HostPapa since last year.
When I came here I was impressed by the team I found. Being the new guy means I need time to learn all the internal procedures. This was an excellent experience. Everybody helped me out explaining and assisting with any question I had.
Sharing knowledge and helping each other is the local policy at HostPapa.
Excellent team.
Pros
Great team
Awesome Hostpapa
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON1 May 2018
The company and management are great. This is the place where you can use your full potential, explore and learn new things.

I highly recommend this company.
Fantastic place to work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Remote worker25 April 2018
Lots of opportunity for advancement and learning new skills
Great support from management
Emphasis on your career path - you can choose your own path and decide to learn new skills on your own.
Hard work is rewarded and appreciated
Friendly team environment
Remote working available
There is no such thing as a typical day - in customer service every day is different - I love the variety.
I have learned to trust my instincts, and to look for the answers if I don't know them. If something is broken, I want to know how I can fix it.
Pros
Remote working, autonomy to set your own workflow
Great company to work for
Customer Service Operations (Current Employee) –  Remote25 April 2018
HostPapa really is a great company with an inspirational CEO, the whole management team are wonderful people and team, both office and remote staff, are some of the kindest and most caring in the industry.

Most days are varied, avoiding getting bored or stuck in a rut; while working at HostPapa I've been on a huge learning curve, which has been difficult but very rewarding.

I'd recommend HostPapa to anyone, of any skill level; whether you're a seasoned industry veteran or just starting out in Web Hosting, if you are good with customers then HostPapa is a good fit for you.
Pros
Remote working - work anywhere in the world, great team of people working in all levels of the company
Cons
Communication could be better, but is being worked on
Hostpapa its a nice place to work
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Remote9 August 2017
I have been with Hostpapa for nearly 4 months and it has been great. You are surrounded by an entire team of skillful and talented people and the work environment its very nice
Do not work for this company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON25 June 2017
This place was not a very good place to work, you are made to feel like you are important at first and then they walk all over you. Managements heads are inflated and they lie to themselves all the time about how good the company is.
Pros
Flexible work hours.
Cons
Terrible Management, poor employee engagement
Amazing company to work for!
Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON23 June 2015
A typical day at work is great with HostPapa. As a remote contractor it allows for a flexible schedule which helps to create an ideal work-life balance.

The management and co-workers have been great over the last month and a half that I have been with HostPapa.

My entire job is quite enjoyable and the trust shown by HostPapa in my capabilities is outstanding.
Pros
work from home, great pay, great team rapport
HostPapa
Billing Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON16 January 2014
The only thing that was enjoyable about this position was the people I worked with while I was there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HOSTPAPA. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6