Hostelling International Canada

Hostelling International Canada Employee Reviews

Canada9 reviews
Fun and Flexible
If you are working in a front line position the job is enjoyable with many perks. If you are a supervisor or higher, you may have a different experience. The job can be very busy in high season and very boring in low season.
Horrible place for employment
General manager is extremely disconnected and very sexist with his employees which gives him little to no understanding to a lot of issues on site. His tenure seems to have given him reigns to endless chaos and a hall pass with Human Resources. The old adage “we’re like a family” should be a clear sign this is NOT a family. Over worked, under paid and never appreciated staff.
Fun positive environment
it is a great place to work with even better management. All the staff become to feel like family. It is a beautiful facility on a great property in an amazing small village. I always want to go back and work there
Multicultural job
Nice place to work, very friendly and multicultural staff. If you are looking to start your career in hospitality this can be a good option. Good location
Definately "living the life"
Met some of my best friends while working here! Definately a busy place and always lots of work to be done! Management at my job was friendly, professional, and made you feel like one of them. Great place to work and live for sure!
Fun place to work
Working at a hostel is a great way for you to feel like you are not working at all. Though the salary is nothing to get worked up about, the stress-free, very social atmosphere at the hostel is the positive trade off.
great place to work
worked in bill peyto's cafe; it is always very well received by the public at large and most visiting guests. I was always happy with the food I was serving. The cafe gets very busy, and I liked the speed at which we flipped tables and worked as a team.
A Fun Place to Work
Casual and a great team. Lots of perks within the tourism industry! Love meeting and getting to know co-workers and guests from around the world. Great if you're on a working visa.
Pros
Great for travelers on a working visa
Amazing HI Team
HI has a flexible and fun workplace culture that cares about their team. Very inclusive, meaningful, and positive work as a non profit organization. Great benefits!
Pros
Flexibility and benefits
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hostelling International Canada. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2