Hospitality Designs Employee Reviews

Please DON'T work here!
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC19 June 2017
The staff for the most part are really nice. In the summer they have a bbq and in the winter there is a big Christmas party to make up for the ordeal they put you through the rest of the year. The management are terrible, disorganized, unstructured and can't solve a problem or come to a consensus.Pay is quite low for what you do and the only thing to keep you going are your co-workers who all suffer along side you. Most staff do not last longer than a year here and it all goes back to management.
cool awesome
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC21 June 2016
it was really fun working there so much fun and i would go back but i just couldnt work there that long but really cool place it was awesome
Pros
free lunch
Creative people and very busy place of work
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC13 June 2016
Interesting group of individuals. Good position. Many different projects. Constant communication with Project Managers, customers, designers, engineers, purchasing team, and management. Learned to coordinate quite a range of projects for franchises in hotel industry. Sometimes there are over 20 projects on the go, challenges may occur when problems arise with delay in manufacturing due to design that needs to be altered. Once shipment of customers' order has been received at final delivery point.
Pros
Working closely with Project Managers
Cons
Demanding customers who constantly want to make changes to existing order
Garbage factory
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC6 June 2016
You are penalized for not hitting quota up to $2000 off your next commission cheque.

Salary is well below industry standard.

It takes months to get paid after you've already collected the money for the order.

This place is an absolute joke. Take a look at the parking lot when you show up for your interview.

Your company's reputation is in the gutter for a reason. The people employed here are great, treat them better.
Pros
Coffee machine is amazing, when it works.
Cons
Deals take forever to close and are delivered wrong every time, Corrections come out of your commission and this is not under your control
Amazing atmosphire
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC11 November 2015
I enjoyed working with everyone at this company from the management to the factory workers. I think this company was wonderful to work for. The only issue I had was there wasn't enough work to keep me busy through the day. I don't like sitting idle and prefer a job that keeps me busy.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
not enough work for me
fun but hard at the same time
General Helper (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC9 July 2015
shipping and receiving products, assembling hotel quality furniture, cutting and sanding wood for the assembly line, operating machinery and moving pallets around.
learned how to use machinery and hand tools etc. management was great along with my co workers who helped me whenever needed.
nothing was hard about the job other than dealing with lots of dust.
most enjoyable part of the job had to be shipping and receiving heavy furniture as it was easy for me
Pros
six day of work with ten hours each day
Cons
minimum wage
Proud to be the part of this company
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC3 July 2015
I like my work even co-workers are friendly, I love challenging jobs that's why I like this company. while working I feel it's my own company. The hardest part of this company less salary and no benefits,
Pros
Free coffee only
Cons
Fast paced environment, with a ping pong table
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC30 January 2015
fast paced environment, gained a lot of experience. Continuously learning new skills and taking on new tasks. Days typically went by fast, always busy doing something, or helping someone.
Pros
free lunches once a month
Cons
no room for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hospitality Designs. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9