Hospitality Designs

Lots to learn.

Lots of opportunity.

Awesome co-workers.

Cute office dog.

Don't care what others say, I love the fun events!

mug making, beach archery, summer BBQ, Xmas bash!
Pros
Free Coffee!
Cons
Coffee beans... need to change vendor.
Need more pay to afford living in BC. Work life is fun, people are nice and we all get along. Lots of work perks, decent benefits. Work + life balance is there.
Everyone backstabbed each other for survival,
Long hours no overtime

Pressure to work Saturday
Pros
Learning
Cons
No overtime low wage
After working here for less than a year I come to learn that North American companies care less about their employees than in Europe. When your employees are happy you get a better outcome.

The bosses/managers here have no clue about that. They do the opposite in fact.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Managers, Pay
they force you to work 10 hours a day up to saturday which makes it 60 hours without overtime pay!!! they threaten to cut your hours if you do not come for saturday work! company is best in labor malpractice!!! bc labor should look into this!
Pros
nothing good to say
Cons
terrible place!!!
Stay away from this company, there is nothing good to say about this company. From the very low commission they pay, they take back $1500 of it away from when you do make any little commission per month
Hospitality Design has a very strong culture and management. you will be set to succeed. There is always room to grow, because the company itself is growing very fast.
Hospitality Designs hold an event or activity for the employees to build rapport and camaraderie once a month. They don't have overtime. They call it extra hours. Extra hour is the same as the regular work hour pay.
Pros
Free lunch during Saturdays, Early dismissal during weekdays.
Cons
No overtime.
The staff for the most part are really nice. In the summer they have a bbq and in the winter there is a big Christmas party to make up for the ordeal they put you through the rest of the year. The management are terrible, disorganized, unstructured and can't solve a problem or come to a consensus.Pay is quite low for what you do and the only thing to keep you going are your co-workers who all suffer along side you. Most staff do not last longer than a year here and it all goes back to management.
it was really fun working there so much fun and i would go back but i just couldnt work there that long but really cool place it was awesome
Pros
free lunch
Interesting group of individuals. Good position. Many different projects. Constant communication with Project Managers, customers, designers, engineers, purchasing team, and management. Learned to coordinate quite a range of projects for franchises in hotel industry. Sometimes there are over 20 projects on the go, challenges may occur when problems arise with delay in manufacturing due to design that needs to be altered. Once shipment of customers' order has been received at final delivery point.
Pros
Working closely with Project Managers
Cons
Demanding customers who constantly want to make changes to existing order
You are penalized for not hitting quota up to $2000 off your next commission cheque.

Salary is well below industry standard.

It takes months to get paid after you've already collected the money for the order.

This place is an absolute joke. Take a look at the parking lot when you show up for your interview.

Your company's reputation is in the gutter for a reason. The people employed here are great, treat them better.
Pros
Coffee machine is amazing, when it works.
Cons
Deals take forever to close and are delivered wrong every time, Corrections come out of your commission and this is not under your control
I enjoyed working with everyone at this company from the management to the factory workers. I think this company was wonderful to work for. The only issue I had was there wasn't enough work to keep me busy through the day. I don't like sitting idle and prefer a job that keeps me busy.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
not enough work for me
shipping and receiving products, assembling hotel quality furniture, cutting and sanding wood for the assembly line, operating machinery and moving pallets around.
learned how to use machinery and hand tools etc. management was great along with my co workers who helped me whenever needed.

nothing was hard about the job other than dealing with lots of dust.

most enjoyable part of the job had to be shipping and receiving heavy furniture as it was easy for me
Pros
six day of work with ten hours each day
Cons
minimum wage
I like my work even co-workers are friendly, I love challenging jobs that's why I like this company. while working I feel it's my own company. The hardest part of this company less salary and no benefits,
Pros
Free coffee only
Cons
fast paced environment, gained a lot of experience. Continuously learning new skills and taking on new tasks. Days typically went by fast, always busy doing something, or helping someone.
Pros
free lunches once a month
Cons
no room for advancement