Horizon North

Horizon North Employee Reviews

Canada187 reviews
Featured review
Horizon North selected this as a representative review
Great place to work, amazing and helpful staff. Always came in with a smile on my face.
I have completed several contract positions with HN. Great people, opportunities for growth, and overall an amazing place to call my second home. Excited to go to work every day.
A corporate culture that values image over people.
My experience with this company was that the people in the company were more concerned about there own image and rewards then the product we produced or the people that worked for them. I would not recommend this company as a perspective employer.
Less than good to work for
Have a great safety culture on paper
Workers work extremely hard and a hand full were exceptional.Its good they were because it masks the inexperience from managers.

Management were only worried about their own jobs and treat workers like there nothing.

Safety was more worried about getting an atta boy/girl from the client than who they work for
It’s okay to work at, more time at work
My experience at working at horizon north,I always had to be fast and it felt like a competition which I don’t work there anymore because of health reasons because of the physical traits of the job.
It always felt like I worked and nothing more.

I had a young family always wondering where I was and when I got home I wanted to sleep then go to work again.

I would recommend if you’re single and

don’t have a family.
Terrible company
This place is ahole. Fake fun bags & blond hair get you an operations manager position where you pick favourites & make mor**ns HR who are just puppets you manipulate. Camp food isn’t bad. Old lady’s club. Pay is terrible. Gossiping is constant by the troll at the front desk. So much bullying and harassment. Upper management just ignores everything & the manager acts like he can’t even speak English and is always hand in hand with the job stewart for some reason. Just pure he** DO NOT work here if you aren’t really ugly or know anything about your rights.
High standards with excellent training
Well organized, operated and structured. Excellent training provided for future advancements. Great support available for daily issues that may arise.
Pros
great teams
Cons
long rotations
good place to work
most of the people are good and just a few bad managers over all met a lot of good people. they drive safety first which is a good aspect of their company high turnover of Managers do to no people skills. overall tthe good mangers were great to work for
Stay away
Don't fall for their ads, they pay 15$ an hour. ''Overtime'' is about 26 hours per week. Better to find work in the city and have a life. Wifi in the dorms doesn't work 80% of the time because they won't invest in proper internet. Toxic company, lots of bullying between departments. Outdated uniforms. Managers have favorites and treat them better. No work/life balance. You work 21 days on and have 5 days off. Work on the day you leave and the day you come back after heading to the office @ 6am and sitting on the bus for 8 hours. The managers are undertrained and don't know how to run the camps. They sit in their office while you struggle with paperwork. Work while you're sick. Like others have pointed out, the chef is a 'glorified sandwhich maker', ''cooking'' (frying in heavy oil) prepackaged foods. The gym equipment has been broken for months. Horizon will hire anyone with a pulse. Half of the people working here would not be hired anywhere else. Some camps are worse then others. This company has the highest turnover rate I have seen in my life. As soon as people find a better job in the city they will leave. Alot of the managers have HR on speed dial and will write you up for the most ridiculous reasons. This was the most toxic enviroment I have ever worked in my life and I'm sure alot of other staff would agree.
All together not good
While I was at Horizon the majority of people tried they're best to perform duties up to satisfaction but it was never seen as good enough. Our team was defeated in ever getting ahead treated like disposable. During my time I saw lots of great people come and go.
Productive workplace with a 'Family First' attitude
Horizon North is an employer who is very supportive of employees and their families. They are also financially supportive of providing an active lifestyle for all employees. Their balance between work and family has been a refreshing change for me.
it was good
Fast paced, long hours, away from home alot, great people, great atmosphere, soley dependent on the oil industry, management doesn't really play enough part in the feild staff
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
Away from home alot of sacrifice with out being noticed
A culture of safety
The management honestly cares about the workers safety. It sometimes gets in the way of work because there is so many safety protocols to follow. Everyone is respectful and treated fairly by the management and coworkers. HR is friendly and helpful.
Horrible Company
I wish I never got hired with this company, the first two camps I worked for was okay. But the the third camp Archie way I was only there for one day. I was given a dirty room to sleep in. The camp Manager was a proper Pig. The front desk lady looked like a fat cow. My schedule was supposed to be 3pm to 1am. Somehow they screwed that up. My advice stay away from this company. To much drama to work your butt off for low wage
Na
Just a number there expect to much shut your plant down treated like a peice of trash absolutely no appreciation from this company the other workers were the only ones keeping it a decent place to be
Meh
It Was great to work there at first until the plant started loosing money then they called all the employees in and said we were let go ! 40 employees out of work with out notice nothing. Jobless
It was not good
Hated every minute of working with this company management was terrible and the ouion did nothing to help it's all trash in my opinion the only good thing was the girls haha
Poor managment
Inconsistent scheduling and poor management, never organized. Went through 3-4 camp managers and asst managers. The only upside was the coworkers and guests very pleasant. The pay was not worth it at all.
Change Is Needed
This company is still in the 1970’s for equal pay with genders. The senior management is very clicky and will step on anyone to just get ahead. The toxicity level at this company is great. They will tell you all about how the company operates as a team and supports each other but after your first few months it will change and you will see the cutthroat nature of senior management and higher.
The HR department does not understand confidentiality so be wary of using them as a sounding board or making a complaint. They do what they are told not what is moral and ethical.

Training is rarely given but you will be held to an expert level. Ask away for training but you will never get it.

Remember with this company you are an expendable number and will be cut when it suits them. The senior management always receive bonus and raises and the actual workers do not.

If you choose to work here be wary of what they will sell you versus what they will deliver.
Pros
RRSP matching
Cons
Management, Turnover, Culture
Boys club
This Company is very untrustworthy. Want you to fill out saftey cards on a daily basis to prove they have a safe workplace. This is a joke! They do this fake paperwork to show companies they are saftey oriented. So wrong.
Pros
Meet some great people
Cons
Deal with inexperienced people put in positions because they are a yes woman, man and other.
Toxic Company
Most toxic company I have ever worked for. Management aren't properly trained. Long hours for low pay. Work you while you're sick. 0 work life balance
good work
I like it keep me busy and i learn alot of new things when i was there and work with a lot of good people and the management was good and that did alot of safe meetings before shift started