Horizon Health

Horizon Health Employee Reviews

Canada20 reviews
Loved the work in the ER, a lot of nurses were great to work with and the doctors were amazing. However, there was a large group of toxic nurses who formed a clique and made work a very negative, nasty environment. They bullied people, including refusing to speak to me to give me report etc. It became so toxic that I quit. Complaints were made to management but the manager did nothing to address these behaviours.
I enjoy working at Horizon Health Doig food preparation in the kitchen for up to 200 people three times a day. The staff are great to work with everyday.
Staff are very rude and disrespectful at times. Patient care is not a priority for some. Job descriptions are not followed. LPN's make family members clean up their loved ones even though it is part of the LPN's job description. The Emergency department could work in a better organized manor if some changing are made and followed. Triage system needs better attention and revamped. Horizon should offer more Part-time or Full-time jobs instead of causal employment this way employees can actually afford to live and work in the province. Do not cut corners, instead give the chance for continued training and more staff to units to help manage work load and get patients looked after more efficiently.
Every day is different and a new challenge. I enjoy my work and take pride in what i do. Some days are more stressful than others, one day at a time. When you have a manager that takes time to acknowledge you and your coworkers hard work means alot.
It's a frustrating place to work based on my casual status. You're not able to get a good job unless you have seniority..........................................
I worked in the Health sector for ten years and looking for a change. Willing to office work, customer service or may try something totally different.
Enjoyed working for this company.
Looking for a change in life focus and career for a short period of time.

Nursing has always been my passion.

The long hours and shift became difficult with balancing life and work
Pros
Good medical and seniority assists with advancement
Cons
Long hours, weekends, holidays
THE MONCTON HOSPITAL

The title sums it up nicely! There is no more "care" in healthcare. You can work yourself to the bone and it won't matter. The person next to you can sleep in a closet all day and they're either getting the same or more than you and management does nothing. Actually care about patients?! Are you insane?!

You could literally do exceptional work for 51 weeks and 6 days of the year and it will never get mentioned; have one slight, one day because it's just a "bad" day and not only are you constantly reminded of it, it's put on your evaluation while not focusing on any of the positive.

Don't even get me started on the culture, poor management and HR Department! All nasty, soulless leeches who usually have zero experience in healthcare but have the audacity to try and tell you how to do your job.

Want to stand up for yourself in a professional and diplomatic manner? Don't bother! Management and their henchmen (your coworkers) will make your life a living he!! and if you report it, it's poo-pooed away and continues.

Parking is non-existent which is really ridiculous; if you're lucky, you can get on the shuttle which busses people like slaves from U of M, but that can take forever to get, on site parking is over 20 years--the best part? The executives for the hospital charity (Friends), and countless others who don't even work there or are on site like once a month, but they have on site parking passes they can use at any time that they don't even pay for!!!!! Benefits are expensive and have a ton of restrictions. The union sucks because
 - more...
Pros
None!!
Cons
Management, you lose your mental health
No parking. Over worked under paid. Harrassment by management. Coworker drama and back stabbing. Negative environment. Old equipment unsanitary conditions. No support. Very very poor place to work.
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
Understaffed over worked
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Horizon Health?
I worked on the Security side of things. It was a lot of investigating.
I worked with many different people. Contractors, Students, New Physicians to name a few. I made sure they received their Security ID badges and had the proper access they needed to perform their duties.

The hospital itself was a nice place to work. Everyone is friendly and helpful.

The hardest part of the job was keeping track of many Contractors and different students, and everyone that held an ID security badge.

We were the gatekeeper for several Horizon sites.

The most enjoyable part of the job was helping and meeting a variety of different people including patients, workers and visitors.
Pros
Day shift
Cons
Not having benifits
Great company to work with, excellent benefits, flexible work schedule. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking to embark on a career in either health services or medical services.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
Difficult to advance
Overall in Horizon you have to make sure you have a really good time management. It is a very busy and active place but can also be very pleasant to work.
Good place to work, benefits are good, pay is swell, good work environment. This job has a system/ foundational schedule, but also everyday is yet different, which changes up the day and routine. Different days test different skills giving you room for work growth.
There is a gym to work out as well.
Pros
good pay, good job
Cons
not enough work hours, and a long time to advance yourself with a stable income, different every pay.
Excellent team and staff. Easy to approach managers. Always want to go to work. Most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new clients and seeing them go home. Hardest part of the job is palliative care.
I was able to develop and strengthen my skills as a phlebotomist here. However working as a casual your schedule is all over the place. Mornings are extremely fast paced. I most enjoyed the flexibility, balance and variety of the job.
Pros
Hospital experience, skill development
Cons
crazy schedule, lack of parking
no review to many bios people working there not friendly place to work the union sucks and there is alot of workplace bullying
I love working for Horizon Health I learned a lot and loved working with patients. They offer jobs in many parts of New Brunswick witch makes it easy to be accommodated.
Pros
Seniority
Cons
Job cuts
I have enjoyed my time at the hospital. I have learned many things. My co-workers are great and helpful.
My job was a fun place to work. I really enjoyed working with my co-workers. It was a fast paced environment in which there was no room for error. We all worked together as a team to get the job done in a timely but safe manor.
The hardest part of my job was having to leave as my manager and co workers were a delight to work with. Also knowing that I am taking part in helping others and making sure the surgeons have properly cleaned instruments to use during surgeries.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
working in a department with no windows makes for a very hot working environment.
Due to the fact that the unit I am currently employed at is a Transitional Care Unit, our daily routines are somewhat differnt to most other units. A typical day at work involves many cares, a lot of patient interaction and mind stimulation.
I have come to learn to be a better team player, a more effecient communicator and have also leared better patient interaction skills due to the fact that the generation we mainly deal with on this unit need a much different type of care compared to thoes on a Medical Unit.

I have much respect for the differnt opinions and cultures of my co - workers and would like to think that I am well liked among most. I have a strong belief in having a gossip free enviroment, doing what is asked of you and also good communication.

The most difficult part of my job would be the attachments that you develop to the patients due to thier long stays. It is unlike a Medical Unit where once they recover they are sent home, here they remain untill a Nursing Home placement, which can sometimes take years depending on thier situation.

The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that during the last few years of these peoples lives, i have the opportunity to make them as comfortable as possible, to keep them company when lonely, to make them feel as though they are not alone.

I did however find that our management was not doing thier part. I have a strong belief that proper communication and strong leadership qualities make a good leader, a good manager, and without a proper manager your Unit will collaps, will loose respect for thier " Higher Up's" and problems
 - more...