Horizon Health Employee Reviews

Soul Sucking
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB29 July 2018
THE MONCTON HOSPITAL

The title sums it up nicely! There is no more "care" in healthcare. You can work yourself to the bone and it won't matter. The person next to you can sleep in a closet all day and they're either getting the same or more than you and management does nothing. Actually care about patients?! Are you insane?!

You could literally do exceptional work for 51 weeks and 6 days of the year and it will never get mentioned; have one slight, one day because it's just a "bad" day and not only are you constantly reminded of it, it's put on your evaluation while not focusing on any of the positive.

Don't even get me started on the culture, poor management and HR Department! All nasty, soulless leeches who usually have zero experience in healthcare but have the audacity to try and tell you how to do your job.

Want to stand up for yourself in a professional and diplomatic manner? Don't bother! Management and their henchmen (your coworkers) will make your life a living he!! and if you report it, it's poo-pooed away and continues.

Parking is non-existent which is really ridiculous; if you're lucky, you can get on the shuttle which busses people like slaves from U of M, but that can take forever to get, on site parking is over 20 years--the best part? The executives for the hospital charity (Friends), and countless others who don't even work there or are on site like once a month, but they have on site parking passes they can use at any time that they don't even pay for!!!!! Benefits are expensive and have a ton of restrictions. The union sucks because
  more... they literally do nothing anymore and aren't even well versed in the collective agreement...you literally watch all these deductions come off your paycheque and wonder what the "F" for since you're not benefitting from any of it!  less
Pros
None!!
Cons
Management, you lose your mental health
Poor place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Moncton hospital9 January 2018
No parking. Over worked under paid. Harrassment by management. Coworker drama and back stabbing. Negative environment. Old equipment unsanitary conditions. No support. Very very poor place to work.
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
Understaffed over worked
Supportive Work Environment
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Nackawic, NB4 September 2017
Great company to work with, excellent benefits, flexible work schedule. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking to embark on a career in either health services or medical services.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
Difficult to advance
Time management position
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB17 August 2017
Overall in Horizon you have to make sure you have a really good time management. It is a very busy and active place but can also be very pleasant to work.
Productive work system/foundation and good place to work
Nutrition and Food services (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB4 August 2017
Good place to work, benefits are good, pay is swell, good work environment. This job has a system/ foundational schedule, but also everyday is yet different, which changes up the day and routine. Different days test different skills giving you room for work growth.
There is a gym to work out as well.
Pros
good pay, good job
Cons
not enough work hours, and a long time to advance yourself with a stable income, different every pay.
Compassionate place to work
Licenced Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB30 May 2017
Excellent team and staff. Easy to approach managers. Always want to go to work. Most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new clients and seeing them go home. Hardest part of the job is palliative care.
Great learning experience
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB20 November 2016
I was able to develop and strengthen my skills as a phlebotomist here. However working as a casual your schedule is all over the place. Mornings are extremely fast paced. I most enjoyed the flexibility, balance and variety of the job.
Pros
Hospital experience, skill development
Cons
crazy schedule, lack of parking
to much gossip
Labour Worker (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB11 October 2016
no review to many bios people working there not friendly place to work the union sucks and there is alot of workplace bullying
Great job !
Office Support (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB7 September 2016
I love working for Horizon Health I learned a lot and loved working with patients. They offer jobs in many parts of New Brunswick witch makes it easy to be accommodated.
Pros
Seniority
Cons
Job cuts
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB7 August 2013
I have enjoyed my time at the hospital. I have learned many things. My co-workers are great and helpful.
productive and safe environment
Supply Techician (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB4 March 2013
My job was a fun place to work. I really enjoyed working with my co-workers. It was a fast paced environment in which there was no room for error. We all worked together as a team to get the job done in a timely but safe manor.
The hardest part of my job was having to leave as my manager and co workers were a delight to work with. Also knowing that I am taking part in helping others and making sure the surgeons have properly cleaned instruments to use during surgeries.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
working in a department with no windows makes for a very hot working environment.
Comfortable but outdated
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB2 October 2012
Due to the fact that the unit I am currently employed at is a Transitional Care Unit, our daily routines are somewhat differnt to most other units. A typical day at work involves many cares, a lot of patient interaction and mind stimulation.
I have come to learn to be a better team player, a more effecient communicator and have also leared better patient interaction skills due to the fact that the generation we mainly deal with on this unit need a much different type of care compared to thoes on a Medical Unit.
I have much respect for the differnt opinions and cultures of my co - workers and would like to think that I am well liked among most. I have a strong belief in having a gossip free enviroment, doing what is asked of you and also good communication.
The most difficult part of my job would be the attachments that you develop to the patients due to thier long stays. It is unlike a Medical Unit where once they recover they are sent home, here they remain untill a Nursing Home placement, which can sometimes take years depending on thier situation.
The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that during the last few years of these peoples lives, i have the opportunity to make them as comfortable as possible, to keep them company when lonely, to make them feel as though they are not alone.
I did however find that our management was not doing thier part. I have a strong belief that proper communication and strong leadership qualities make a good leader, a good manager, and without a proper manager your Unit will collaps, will loose respect for thier " Higher Up's" and problems
  more... will commence to appear. I fear that this is what I am unfortunatly witnessing here .  less