Horizon Health Network

Horizon Health Network Employee Reviews for Administrative Assistant

Administrative Assistant3 reviews
Canada3 reviews
Working in many departments allowed me to gain much experience and a diversity of skills. Co-workers were great. The Corporation experienced a lot of change during my time there and this was challenging for everyone, but I found management did the best they could in difficult times.
friendly coworkers, good place to work. Poor Managerial skills in certain depts. policies change throughout different areas. Days go by quickly. you must be highly organized
Pros
Mon-Fri excellent pay, friendly coworkers
Cons
poor management (Certain Depts)
As a Casual Employee - this means you will be called if a need arises.

Based on the job that I am called to do, a typical day would be:

A) As the Administrative Support - ensure that all appointments are confirmed, all paper work is done and submitted to the relevant department for processing. Confirm with the Radiologist on duty any procedures so that the correct appointment and instructions are given to the patient. Ensure that all messages are checked and a respond is received by the patient.

B) As the Inventory Support - you would liaise with the Supervisor to ensure what items should be purchased. Items to be purchased are in two category (Fixed and Consignment) thus, open communication is important. There are deadlines to your submission of orders daily and as such, priority is given to ensure that these procedures are followed. Then you are required to scan all new items delivered plus remove items used by the Nursing staff in the department.

I cannot speak about the workplace culture as it is very wide.

I love these roles but the hardest part of the job is getting more hours.

The most enjoyable part of the job is ensuring that all customers involved are satisfied with my service provided.
Pros
Cons
No job available
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Horizon Health Network?