Horizon Health Network

Horizon Health Network Employee Reviews in Saint John, NB

Saint John, NB15 reviews
Great place to work, excellent money, flexible hours, tightly managed and learning the job is easy and straight forward. Environment is often toxic but hey some people seem to enjoy that anyways!
Busy place to work but I would rather be busy then slow. The staff I work with are great people so make the day a bit more enjoyable. I do billings, information packages and other jobs that come along from 7 docs. Not always easy but if you keep calm it is very doable.
Pros
Busy with pleasant coworkers
Cons
Lot of work
Trying to manage your personal life with work life can sometimes be a challenge. The work rotations are hard to line things up with your previous day off shifts.
Horizon Health is a good place to work. They offer good benefits. Jobs are all unionized. There are lots of jobs posted internally so you are able to move around if you are unhappy in your current position.
Working in many departments allowed me to gain much experience and a diversity of skills. Co-workers were great. The Corporation experienced a lot of change during my time there and this was challenging for everyone, but I found management did the best they could in difficult times.
friendly coworkers, good place to work. Poor Managerial skills in certain depts. policies change throughout different areas. Days go by quickly. you must be highly organized
Pros
Mon-Fri excellent pay, friendly coworkers
Cons
poor management (Certain Depts)
Come in to work, get assignment, workload can be heavy, understaffed on many units, many fallow PCAs have been hurt by patients or felt mocked by staff in different positions
Working as a student employee with Horizon Health Network was a great stepping stone to build connections and gain experience in the health sciences field.
I enjoyed working at Horizon Health Network. The hours worked for my family with my small children at home. I had a very supportive supervisor and coworkers. The hardest part of my job was no understanding the language barrier in some of the dictations.
A typical day at work would be to retrieve phone messages first thing in the morning and retrieve any new faxes to start the day. During the day I would book any new appointments, return telephone calls, book tests etc. At the end of every day I would pull charts for next day clinics.
Pros
Worked for excellent Doctors
Cons
Never ending filing
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Horizon Health Network?
Love my job, it just doesn't pay enough and you cannot advance.
Upper management makes it impossible for you to advance, learn or move up in any position.

My co workers are great, the physician's and nurses are great.

Most enjoyable part would be that I am well respected.
Working for Horizon I started in grounds, then got into the buildings and worked closely with various different tradesmen in assisting with building, replacing, or repairing everything from desks to heat pumps, drywall general pluming and motors in their buildings. I learned skills there that i will have for the rest of my life.
Pros
unionized
Cons
Typical day as a manager includes frustration because of unionized environment. Not being able to hold people accountable.
Pros
Hours of employement to accomodate everyone
Cons
Union environment limits accountability
Great place to learn skills in administration. Working in health care gives you a unique perspective on how the administration field relates to important roles in society.
meet clients and assess there mental health needs, develope a case plan to meet those needs
Pros
team atmosphere
Cons
low wage