Horizon Health Network

Horizon Health Network Employee Reviews in Moncton, NB

Moncton, NB7 reviews
Working at the hospital gave me a lot of good experience and expertise.
The shift work is good, schedule is good.

Gained knowledge and widen horizon for myself.
Good place to work for, good benefits, it could be better but no complains. Friendly staff and overall good experience. It allows you to have a work personal life
The staff members whom I worked with, directly, were a great help, and created a very healthy work atmosphere.
Management, on the other hand, always seemed to hide important information regarding shifts, projects, jobs, etc, and seemed to apply a manipulative, sneaky approach to all of the above. Training was non-existent, even for specialized equipment that was part of our job description. They would schedule you for a week of afternoon shifts, instead of paying 2 hours of overtime - displacing a week of your life for the sake of saving $80.

The union, CUPE, had us (tradesmen) outnumbered by approximately 41:1 and would use us as bargaining chips to negotiate their own raises, while holding us under. Even after discussing these issues with the president and chief shop steward, they said it was non of their concerns, we weren't going to be part of negotiations when it came time for contract renewal, and if we didn't like it... leave. These were the answers that we PAID for, with our union dues.

After becoming fed-up, we signed a petition to leave, with over 80% total member signatures. We then proceeded to court, in an attempt to leave the union, which CUPE denied, followed by the paramedics, and currently the LPN's are fighting internally, which may lead to the same attempt to leave.

If you're looking for an easy work pace and don't mind being manipulated for a small salary, this may be your spot.
There are many different dept. where an RN can work at the hospital so it is never boring. You can apply for the jobs in different dept. when they are posted.They are allotted on the seniority basis.The work ethics are very high therefore everybody pulls their weight. Team work.
Pros
Camaraderie
Cons
Heavy work load
As an employee since 2006, I have loved working at the hospital. The staff works as part of a team and we help each other when busy. I have been fortunate to have excellent management that listen to my concerns and ideas. The hardest part of the job has been leaving to start a new career due to an accident. The best part of my job was helping people and working with my coworkers.
Pros
My coworkers
Cons
Having to leave my career path for a new one
As a Casual Employee - this means you will be called if a need arises.

Based on the job that I am called to do, a typical day would be:

A) As the Administrative Support - ensure that all appointments are confirmed, all paper work is done and submitted to the relevant department for processing. Confirm with the Radiologist on duty any procedures so that the correct appointment and instructions are given to the patient. Ensure that all messages are checked and a respond is received by the patient.

B) As the Inventory Support - you would liaise with the Supervisor to ensure what items should be purchased. Items to be purchased are in two category (Fixed and Consignment) thus, open communication is important. There are deadlines to your submission of orders daily and as such, priority is given to ensure that these procedures are followed. Then you are required to scan all new items delivered plus remove items used by the Nursing staff in the department.

I cannot speak about the workplace culture as it is very wide.

I love these roles but the hardest part of the job is getting more hours.

The most enjoyable part of the job is ensuring that all customers involved are satisfied with my service provided.
Pros
Cons
No job available
I work for this company for 37 years and i can say there not bad to work for they are very caring when it comes to patient care they help you to achieve your goal and to make sure you get the training need to do your job the ssalary is good and the more you know the better it is to help the nurses and doctors care for patients
Pros
Salary