Horizon Health Network
Horizon Health Network Employee Review

14 February 2020
Good place to work for, good benefits, it could be better but no complains. Friendly staff and overall good experience. It allows you to have a work personal life
22 May 2020
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) - Moncton, NB
Working at the hospital gave me a lot of good experience and expertise.
The shift work is good, schedule is good.

Gained knowledge and widen horizon for myself.
1 February 2020
Refrigeration Mechanic (Former Employee) - Moncton, NB
The staff members whom I worked with, directly, were a great help, and created a very healthy work atmosphere.
Management, on the other hand, always seemed to hide important information regarding shifts, projects, jobs, etc, and seemed to apply a manipulative, sneaky approach to all of the above. Training was non-existent, even for specialized equipment that was part of our job description. They would schedule you for a week of afternoon shifts, instead of paying 2 hours of overtime - displacing a week of your life for the sake of saving $80.

The union, CUPE, had us (tradesmen) outnumbered by approximately 41:1 and would use us as bargaining chips to negotiate their own raises, while holding us under. Even after discussing these issues with the president and chief shop steward, they said it was non of their concerns, we weren't going to be part of negotiations when it came time for contract renewal, and if we didn't like it... leave. These were the answers that we PAID for, with our union dues.

After becoming fed-up, we signed a petition to leave, with over 80% total member signatures. We then proceeded to court, in an attempt to leave the union, which CUPE denied, followed by the paramedics, and currently the LPN's are fighting internally, which may lead to the same attempt to leave.

If you're looking for an easy work pace and don't mind being manipulated for a small salary, this may be your spot.
15 December 2019
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) - Moncton, NB
There are many different dept. where an RN can work at the hospital so it is never boring. You can apply for the jobs in different dept. when they are posted.They are allotted on the seniority basis.The work ethics are very high therefore everybody pulls their weight. Team work.
Pros
Camaraderie
Cons
Heavy work load
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Horizon Health Network. Our community is ready to answer.