Horizon Health Network Employee Reviews

Diverse and challenging
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB23 April 2019
Working in many departments allowed me to gain much experience and a diversity of skills. Co-workers were great. The Corporation experienced a lot of change during my time there and this was challenging for everyone, but I found management did the best they could in difficult times.
You are just a number
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB25 March 2019
friendly coworkers, good place to work. Poor Managerial skills in certain depts. policies change throughout different areas. Days go by quickly. you must be highly organized
Pros
Mon-Fri excellent pay, friendly coworkers
Cons
poor management (Certain Depts)
Excellent employer
Operating Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB4 March 2019
As an employee since 2006, I have loved working at the hospital. The staff works as part of a team and we help each other when busy. I have been fortunate to have excellent management that listen to my concerns and ideas. The hardest part of the job has been leaving to start a new career due to an accident. The best part of my job was helping people and working with my coworkers.
Pros
My coworkers
Cons
Having to leave my career path for a new one
Working as a Casual Employee
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB3 March 2019
As a Casual Employee - this means you will be called if a need arises.

Based on the job that I am called to do, a typical day would be:

A) As the Administrative Support - ensure that all appointments are confirmed, all paper work is done and submitted to the relevant department for processing. Confirm with the Radiologist on duty any procedures so that the correct appointment and instructions are given to the patient. Ensure that all messages are checked and a respond is received by the patient.

B) As the Inventory Support - you would liaise with the Supervisor to ensure what items should be purchased. Items to be purchased are in two category (Fixed and Consignment) thus, open communication is important. There are deadlines to your submission of orders daily and as such, priority is given to ensure that these procedures are followed. Then you are required to scan all new items delivered plus remove items used by the Nursing staff in the department.

I cannot speak about the workplace culture as it is very wide.

I love these roles but the hardest part of the job is getting more hours.

The most enjoyable part of the job is ensuring that all customers involved are satisfied with my service provided.
Pros
Cons
No job available
Typical day
Personal Care Attendant (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB3 October 2018
Come in to work, get assignment, workload can be heavy, understaffed on many units, many fallow PCAs have been hurt by patients or felt mocked by staff in different positions
Not bad place
Inventory expeditor (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB10 January 2018
I work for this company for 37 years and i can say there not bad to work for they are very caring when it comes to patient care they help you to achieve your goal and to make sure you get the training need to do your job the ssalary is good and the more you know the better it is to help the nurses and doctors care for patients
Pros
Salary
Good experience with great supervisors
Hematology Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB11 November 2017
Working as a student employee with Horizon Health Network was a great stepping stone to build connections and gain experience in the health sciences field.
Great hours
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB, St. Stephen, NB15 October 2017
I enjoyed working at Horizon Health Network. The hours worked for my family with my small children at home. I had a very supportive supervisor and coworkers. The hardest part of my job was no understanding the language barrier in some of the dictations.
productive and fun workplace
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB5 October 2017
I am learning everyday at Horizon especially in proper patient care. The most enjoyable part of the job is having your patients get satisfied with your good service.
Pros
good management
Cons
casual jobs doesnt have insurance
Wonderful environment and great people to work with
Medical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB19 July 2017
A typical day at work would be to retrieve phone messages first thing in the morning and retrieve any new faxes to start the day. During the day I would book any new appointments, return telephone calls, book tests etc. At the end of every day I would pull charts for next day clinics.
Pros
Worked for excellent Doctors
Cons
Never ending filing
It's a very stressful fast-paced environment the emergency room but for the most part it is a very learning orientated teamwork and it's a good place
LPN Emergency room (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB9 July 2017
I have worked at Horizon health for 17 years and I have enjoyed the most part of it. There has been some ups and downs as far as management goes but right now we have the best nurse manager she stands up for her patients she stands up for her employees and she's always trying to better working conditions
Position
office (Current Employee) –  saint john regional hospital31 October 2016
Love my job, it just doesn't pay enough and you cannot advance.
Upper management makes it impossible for you to advance, learn or move up in any position.

My co workers are great, the physician's and nurses are great.
Most enjoyable part would be that I am well respected.
Lpn
LPN (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, NB5 July 2016
Coordinated a team of 3-4 co-workers, administered medication, observed and documented therapeutic effects, performed nursing interventions such as taking vital signs, applying aseptic techniques including sterile dressings, ensuring infection control, monitoring nutritional intake and conducting specimen collection, monitored patients’ progress, evaluate effectiveness of nursing interventions and consult with appropriate members of healthcare team, handled telephone inquiries and redirected phone calls.
Pros
Enjoyed being a nurse and working with the seniors
Cons
shift work
Great learning experience,
Casual Labourer (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB2 May 2016
Working for Horizon I started in grounds, then got into the buildings and worked closely with various different tradesmen in assisting with building, replacing, or repairing everything from desks to heat pumps, drywall general pluming and motors in their buildings. I learned skills there that i will have for the rest of my life.
Pros
unionized
Wonderful Place to Work
Telecommunications Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB25 April 2016
So far, this is the best place I have ever worked. The environment is professional and management honestly cares about you.
Typical day
Manager of Clinical Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB14 November 2014
Typical day as a manager includes frustration because of unionized environment. Not being able to hold people accountable.
Pros
Hours of employement to accomodate everyone
Cons
Union environment limits accountability
Rewarding place to work in health care
Nursing Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Saint John, New Brunswick23 March 2014
Great place to learn skills in administration. Working in health care gives you a unique perspective on how the administration field relates to important roles in society.
great team to work with , helping people,
Out Reach Worker (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB28 March 2013
meet clients and assess there mental health needs, develope a case plan to meet those needs
Pros
team atmosphere
Cons
low wage