Hopkins Manufacturing Corporation Employee Reviews

Go elsewhere.
Picker (Former Employee) –  Edgerton, KS18 July 2019
Chaos. The whole place is in chaos . You get lots of hours and that is it. Constant turnover and if you are lucky you will be placed in a leadership role since they dont interview for them . You will be stuck on overnights forever. You will not be allowed to go to days. Will be told there are no spots then they hire 10 people for days. Mandatory 10 hour days . Stay away.
Horrible place to work. Management has no idea what is going on!
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Edgerton, KS7 July 2019
Management is worse I’ve ever seen, no communication and very unprofessional! No one had any idea what is going on and the place is run so bad. Horrible work culture. Would highly advise against anyone working there.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
HR and warehouse manager are worse than any company I’ve ever worked at.
Not a good company to work for
machine operation (Former Employee) –  Miami oklahoma20 June 2019
Its sad when the supervisor and the rest of the click keep on you till your fired because they are mad about something that happened outside id the plant to begin with. The women are in charge and lie constantly
Down grading
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Emporia, KS1 June 2019
Employees are rude managers are rude and no help whatsoever and no teachingNo safety no training and they screw you over and pay do you managers sit there and don’t even check products and when they do come out it’s to demand you to do something
A Great Place for a small town
Set-Up Technician (Former Employee) –  Emporia, KS25 March 2019
For the city of Emporia, this is an incredible place to work and I was happy to spend almost 4 years employed there. I learned to communicate with others, take pride in my work and be efficient. The management there is perfect and always treats you with respect. The culture is vast with many people from different walks of life. It's amazing to become friends with your co-workers and learn about their experiences. The hardest part of the job is understanding the process. There is a steep learning curve and it does take time to nail it. My favorite part of my job was the satisfaction i got from doing the work.
Pros
Friendly people, great enviroment
Cons
Long training times
Productive and decent
Low Picker (Former Employee) –  Emporia, KS19 November 2018
Nice place to work pay could have been better good management and fellow employess fast paced and stayed busy overall decwnt company to work for i recommend if u need a job check thwm2out
it was alright
Operator/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Miami, OK19 November 2018
it was stressful and fast paced so you have to keep up or you will get fired (what happened to me) but the benefits were nice and the overall pay was pretty good too
benefits
Cons
fast paced and stressful
Great Place.
Supervisor/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Emporia, KS7 September 2018
Fast-paced, stressful at times, but good place to work. Managers are great and answer questions and guide you in the right direction. There are challenges, but nothing uncommon.
Pros
Benefits, competitive pay, annual evaluations, employee pricing on product.
Cons
Number of vacation days should go up quicker.
Excellent Management poor Advancement
Inventory Analyst (Current Employee) –  Emporia, KS6 September 2018
Management values hard work and will gladly tell you so if you put in the time. As a growing company a lot of the work is reactive rather than proactive, which can be stressful.

The only downside to this company is that in order to get paid time off, you have to work a full year before its available to use.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Pto, advancement
Decent place to worl
Low Picker (Former Employee) –  Emporia, KS15 July 2018
Relaxed environment. Good co workers. Decent management. Pay scale not good.Would recommend this job to others just as temporary not for a long term job.
I did not love working here
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Emporia, KS27 June 2018
Not a bad place to work if it's for you. It is hot everywhere in the plant with just enough fans for everyone. They are on top of safely though, making sure gloves are available to those that ask. Management and co-workers were nice for the most part. Enjoyable if you know what you are doing in a factory.
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
hot inside
Great accounting Department
Credit and Collection Administrator (Former Employee) –  Emporia, KS24 February 2017
I really loved working for Hopkins Manufacturing Corporation. I loved their friendly environment. I enjoyed every single day I had worked there.
Pros
good company
Cons
located in small city
Accounting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Emporia, KS12 February 2016
I really enjoy working for Hopkins Manufacturing. The people are nice and always willing to help if needed. Management cares about the employees and wants them to succeed. My managers encourage me to be open with them and let them know if there are other positions or roles I am interested in so I can "try" them out. The company is always looking for ways to grow so I feel confident that there will be plenty of opportunities for advancement in the future!

The benefits and pay are good. The vacation and sick time isn't the best I've had, but they are typical of what is offered in the area. My position offers a great work/life balance.
Pros
Friendly staff, Great work/life balance, competitive pay, Opportunities for advancement
Cons
Vacation/sick time
productive - team work oriented work place
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Emporia, KS12 February 2016
Hopkins Manufacturing Corporation is an excellent place to work. The management and staff strive to provide the best products and service to all of their customers. The atmosphere is professional without being overly formal. Everyone is willing to lend a helping hand to get the job done. It is a welcoming environment for both new and seasoned employees.
Productive and Enjoyable Work Envirement
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Emporia, KS12 February 2016
I enjoy working with my Co-Workers and this makes going to work everyday a breeze. I like dealing with the customers, rep firms and our great sales team. Each day is brings a new experience to the table and keeps you busy at all times.
Great place to work!
Sales Support (Current Employee) –  Emporia, KS11 February 2016
This is a great place to work, I feel as if it is my second family. I enjoy dealing with the customers, rep firms and great sales team. Each day is a new experience and keeps you busy at all times. It is a rewarding job with a company that treats you as if they care about you.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Great place to work, positive work environment
Accounting (Current Employee) –  Emporia, KS10 February 2016
I am very impressed with the company. The Management Staff and Co-Workers make starting a new position very easy. You receive quality pay, quality training, and are cared for individually from day one. Working for Hopkins was the best career choice I have ever made. It is very fast-paced with a never ending workload, which is wonderful for individuals like myself who thrive off of learning and are encouraged daily to be the best person we can be professionally and personally.
not impressed with the way this compampany has grown
Molding Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Emporia, KS17 August 2015
what I learned was useful and co-workers were we're great. day shift was great, but 3rd shift was stressful and not enough help. most enjoyable part was meeting all types of new people from different cultures.
Just another company
ELECTRONICS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Emporia, KS16 April 2013
The job is a job, with little or no recognition. Pay is mediorcre.
Cons
poor salary structure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hopkins Manufacturing Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.