Hopewell Logistics Inc logo

Hopewell Logistics Inc Job security & advancement reviews

Clear
3.2Job security & advancement

its good so far

I love to work at Hopewell logistics but I want to learn some more skill. which I do think I can get from here. so I'm looking for more good jobs to work with new management.

Completely unprofessional

This company has got to be one of the most ridiculously inept companies I have ever had the misfortune to interview and deal with. Have never dealt with such ridiculous garbage as I have had to do while interviewing with this company. From having to sit and listen to how employees are leaving left and right to constant lost and damaged product, to how bad the morale is. This was spread over a month to then be told that they filled the position already. This was after applying and interviewing for a bottom of the barrel salary middle management position. A position where it calls for the individual to deal with all the problems this company has made for itself. A truly sad state of affairs for a company like this. Can very well see that I'm better of not working there from what I've been put through and have learned about their company and culture.

Pros

Cons

Completely unprofessional

Stressful workplace

They will continuously add on to your workload while taking away resources. Whatever position you take will always become more difficult over time. You will work a lot of overtime and they will make a big deal out of it when you finally get some OT pay like you should be gratefulLastly they will use every excuse in the book to give you as small as a raise as possible.

Pros

Safety record is exceptional

Cons

Long hours, pay significantly lower than industry averages

I enjoyed working here

I gained a lot experience in supply chain and distribution. I worked in transportation department and really enjoyed working with them. People there were so friendly.

Great place

Worked there for 5 years. Great bunch of people to work with. The company is always looking for better advancement and ways to better serve their client

It's just a job

As the title says . And it's just a job for all employees. No innovation 0 management Showoff, no advancement. Slow structure . Would not recommend Better to be jobless

Pros

Friendly Employees

Cons

No growth at alll

Unsafe and not enough training

The company is growing which is good and there is room for advancement but they are not training the new employees properly, It is very unsafe on the floor, workers are on their cell phones a lot and drive around with their head phones on. Too many inexperienced people working there. The MHE are always breaking down and are not in the best condition. The scanners don't really work well. There is not enough equipment for all the workers so it starts fights on the floor. Workers are overworked and underpaid. We get judged on our performance and it's not fair because there isn't proper training on how to do the job. I was told the company use to have boxes of product that workers could buy and stopped doing it and didn't explain why. It's an okay job if you just need to make some money but doesn't look good for a long term job. Too many temps working there.

Pros

Appreciation lunches

Cons

Safety and training

Management constantly threatens works with termination

There are daily meetings which almost always seem to threaten workers with termination. They try to boost productivity doing this but it makes people feel insecure at the cost of health, happiness, and likely future performance. I hope Kraft/Heinz has it in them to rid the place of Hopewell after the current contract. This place needs a bargaining unit so the workers can be treated fairly with seniority based jobs, raises & eventually increased vacation time. Personally I work very hard with no mistakes but this company will not keep people like me because of ill verbal treatment and no job security.

Pros

big company

Cons

low wages, verbal abuse (constant job loss threats), no union

Work Life Balance

provided job security and tuition reimbursement. built great relationships that have all been added to my professional networking portfolio. Opportunities for advancement.

Pros

gift cards

Cons

good company, treat employees good, but hard to get hired on

Its a good working environment where the employees and management work together to get the jobs done. its a big company and fast paced. The biggest flaw is there isn't room to grow inside the company.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Hopewell Logistics Inc?

Fast paced work enviorment.

Grat experience, lots of work and overtime, great people, fast paced work and overall a great learning experience. Not alot of room for advancement and a slow rate of pay increase, overall a great place to work but i am currently seeking a change of carreer and would love to break into the field of electrician.

Pros

Plenty of overtime.

Cons

Company downsized.

good place to work

good place to work with lots of opportunity to advance and work overtime

Fair

Open door policy is practiced in this workplace, where management team is truly showing interest in creating a positive environment.Multicultural and equal place to be where everybody has fun while working.

Pros

management, open doors

Cons

no advancement, low pay, weekend hours

customer service rep

I have learned alot with Hopewell & nestle.. There great people theres always room for learning opportunies