Hopewell Logistics Inc

Hopewell Logistics Inc Employee Reviews in Milton, ON

Unsafe and not enough training

The company is growing which is good and there is room for advancement but they are not training the new employees properly, It is very unsafe on the floor, workers are on their cell phones a lot and drive around with their head phones on. Too many inexperienced people working there. The MHE are always breaking down and are not in the best condition. The scanners don't really work well. There is not enough equipment for all the workers so it starts fights on the floor. Workers are overworked and underpaid. We get judged on our performance and it's not fair because there isn't proper training on how to do the job. I was told the company use to have boxes of product that workers could buy and stopped doing it and didn't explain why. It's an okay job if you just need to make some money but doesn't look good for a long term job. Too many temps working there.

Pros

Appreciation lunches

Cons

Safety and training

Could be better if adequate equipment and training is provided

Good idea of the structured environment extremely poor execution by management, tasks are often required to do in a fashion where employees are expected to respond like robots in a fast paced environment with inadequate equipment then criticized for mistakes or often dismissed punished and insulted publicly

Cons

Long hours short breaks

Completely unprofessional

This company has got to be one of the most ridiculously inept companies I have ever had the misfortune to interview and deal with. Have never dealt with such ridiculous garbage as I have had to do while interviewing with this company. From having to sit and listen to how employees are leaving left and right to constant lost and damaged product, to how bad the morale is. This was spread over a month to then be told that they filled the position already. This was after applying and interviewing for a bottom of the barrel salary middle management position. A position where it calls for the individual to deal with all the problems this company has made for itself. A truly sad state of affairs for a company like this. Can very well see that I'm better of not working there from what I've been put through and have learned about their company and culture.

Pros

Cons

Completely unprofessional

amazing place to work

the culture is great the people are very welcoming and its a very friendly environment. there is a great amount of respect there and it was one of my best working experiences.

very good place.

multi-cultured environment. good place to gain leadership skills. HR is very helpful. there are different types of tasks which helps to b e productive in the warehouse.

Safety is non existent. Managers do not listen

Good place if you are looking for a quick buck or need a cash job. they work with an agency so it is easy to get in as a forklift operator. the pizza parties are good too. management can be poor at times and many supervisors have left the Milton warehouse. safety issues are rarely addressed and there was a recent major injury in Milton. overall if you know what you are doing the kraft warehouse in Milton is okay.

Pros

pizza and samosas

Cons

lack of training, no union, safety is not a priority

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Hopewell Logistics Inc?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hopewell Logistics Inc. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement

Compare Hopewell Logistics Inc with

• Hopewell Logistics Inc
  • Milton, ON
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?