Hootsuite Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Hootsuite is a good place to start
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 May 2018
Hootsuite is still a very young company that needs to understand how to continue to grow and manage to retain good employees. They suffer from lack of planning and don't support their lower level managers enough. Overall, I thought this was a great place to work for the short term but in the long term, I believe it's important to be part of a company that provides the resources to support its employees success in their roles and also acknowledges hard work through internal promotion.
Pros
Great employees, free fruit, cool office space, social events and fun central location
Cons
Lack of management support, advancement opportunities, processes & procedures and communication
Average
Chief Financial Officer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 February 2018
Average working environment . Generally good place to land in for fun and a few years but not a serious performance culture. Does not compare well ,
Pros
Informal
Cons
Too much emphasis on fun culture
Toronto Management needs reboot
Executive (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 November 2017
A typical day at work starts at 8am for AEs and about 10am for all other staff. The culture of continuous learning is non existent and is largely due to the management who are more Salesforce admins than leaders.
Great Culture and pace
Partner Onboard Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 December 2016
Loved working at Hootsuite! It's a face paced environment so you're always learning something new.

Co-workers and management are outstanding, everyone has a lot on their plates, but are always willing to stop and help out when you ask.

I loved working in the platform and with our clients - you truly feel like your work is meaningful and that you're making a difference.
productive fun company
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 November 2016
Learned a lot of new things good experience.
fast pace,
organizes
you can become a basic to a intermediate level within one year
Pros
learn new skills
Cons
Rocket ship of a company to work for
Writer / Content Marketer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 April 2016
I started at Hootsuite when there were 20 or so people. I left when there were over 800. As a result, I received an education in business, marketing, product development, and entrepreneurship that is akin to completing an MBA. My focus was on marketing, and specifically content and branding. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the incredibly fast pace and change that occurred in a company scaling as fast as we did. The best part of the job was the insanely steep learning curve.
Pros
Being a part of the journey and team