Hootsuite

Hootsuite Employee Reviews

Canada14 reviews
productive and enjoyable place to work
Hootsuite has a casual working environment but professional throughout. Experienced and knowledgeable staff always looking to educate others. The average workday in finance begins from 8-4 or 9-5, so very flexible work hours.
Fun work environment with lots of opportunity to advance your career
Fun and Fast past work environment where people are happy put in the extra work to make the company succeed. The company is full of talented colleague that are willing an able to adapt to a changing industry and competitive environment.
Great company culture, too many middle managers
This place was great when it was first starting out and for the first few years. Everyone was excited to be there and culture was at an all-time high. But then new managers were brought on board, good employees weren't given opportunities to move up and middle managers were a dime a dozen.
Pros
Yoga, gym, culture, food, fun trips
Cons
No room for advancement, competitive, middle managers, sneaky
Good work environment; needs more structure and organization
Work aloud engineering environment with lots of opportunity for knowledge sharing. Good people and amazing workspace. Fast paced product cycles challenges everyone to do their best and learn in the process.
Pros
Fruits and quirkiness
Cons
Needs streamlining
Great workplace environment
Would recommend working here; great workplace culture, good management, interesting work and great company to work for. Learnt a lot about social media and marketing.
Pros
Allow you to manage your own time
Cons
Not many advancement opportunities
Hootsuite is a good place to start
Hootsuite is still a very young company that needs to understand how to continue to grow and manage to retain good employees. They suffer from lack of planning and don't support their lower level managers enough. Overall, I thought this was a great place to work for the short term but in the long term, I believe it's important to be part of a company that provides the resources to support its employees success in their roles and also acknowledges hard work through internal promotion.
Pros
Great employees, free fruit, cool office space, social events and fun central location
Cons
Lack of management support, advancement opportunities, processes & procedures and communication
Average
Average working environment . Generally good place to land in for fun and a few years but not a serious performance culture. Does not compare well ,
Pros
Informal
Cons
Too much emphasis on fun culture
Toronto Management needs reboot
A typical day at work starts at 8am for AEs and about 10am for all other staff. The culture of continuous learning is non existent and is largely due to the management who are more Salesforce admins than leaders.
Great Culture and pace
Loved working at Hootsuite! It's a face paced environment so you're always learning something new.

Co-workers and management are outstanding, everyone has a lot on their plates, but are always willing to stop and help out when you ask.

I loved working in the platform and with our clients - you truly feel like your work is meaningful and that you're making a difference.
productive fun company
Learned a lot of new things good experience.
fast pace,

organizes

you can become a basic to a intermediate level within one year
Pros
learn new skills
Loved it
I thought Hootsuite had a great environment. They look after their employees so well and I enjoyed every moment of working there.
One of my favorite workplaces yet!
While salary and benefits are arguably not competitive, the culture, work / life balance, and management team just about make up for any complaints; This workplace is very fun and I highly recommend it.
Pros
Amazing culture
Cons
Salary was not competitive.
Rocket ship of a company to work for
I started at Hootsuite when there were 20 or so people. I left when there were over 800. As a result, I received an education in business, marketing, product development, and entrepreneurship that is akin to completing an MBA. My focus was on marketing, and specifically content and branding. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the incredibly fast pace and change that occurred in a company scaling as fast as we did. The best part of the job was the insanely steep learning curve.
Pros
Being a part of the journey and team
Cons
Nice work life balance, but lots of turnover and under compensation
Very interesting experience, lots of potential with Hootsuite, however they have begun falling behind their competitors. Management has seemed stagnate and some of the decisions made in the last year have been questionable.

Overall I enjoyed my time there and learned a lot about SaaS sales, however there is lots of employee turnover, training is generally lacking, and unless you are working in the primary HQ in Vancouver there is not great communication.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Bad compensation (low salary, minimum benefits, no 401k, etc)