Hootsuite

Hootsuite Employee Reviews

Canada14 reviews

productive and enjoyable place to work

Hootsuite has a casual working environment but professional throughout. Experienced and knowledgeable staff always looking to educate others. The average workday in finance begins from 8-4 or 9-5, so very flexible work hours.

Engaging & Challenging work but No worklife balance

Management expects long hours and even on off days there is soft pressure to stay connected. Salaries and benefits are competetive but the management style doesn't bring out the best in most people. There is very high 40% attrition because of above. Still operates like a start up organization and business direction changes frequently depending on who's in charge. Not a sustainable environment. Some departments have 1-1.5 year as average length of service

Pros

Challenging and engaging work. Lots

Cons

Long hours, unsupportive management, no recognition. Archaic processes in Procurement & condensing attitude

Fun work environment with lots of opportunity to advance your career

Fun and Fast past work environment where people are happy put in the extra work to make the company succeed. The company is full of talented colleague that are willing an able to adapt to a changing industry and competitive environment.

Great company culture, too many middle managers

This place was great when it was first starting out and for the first few years. Everyone was excited to be there and culture was at an all-time high. But then new managers were brought on board, good employees weren't given opportunities to move up and middle managers were a dime a dozen.

Pros

Yoga, gym, culture, food, fun trips

Cons

No room for advancement, competitive, middle managers, sneaky

Good work environment; needs more structure and organization

Work aloud engineering environment with lots of opportunity for knowledge sharing. Good people and amazing workspace. Fast paced product cycles challenges everyone to do their best and learn in the process.

Pros

Fruits and quirkiness

Cons

Needs streamlining

Great workplace environment

Would recommend working here; great workplace culture, good management, interesting work and great company to work for. Learnt a lot about social media and marketing.

Pros

Allow you to manage your own time

Cons

Not many advancement opportunities

Hootsuite is a good place to start

Hootsuite is still a very young company that needs to understand how to continue to grow and manage to retain good employees. They suffer from lack of planning and don't support their lower level managers enough. Overall, I thought this was a great place to work for the short term but in the long term, I believe it's important to be part of a company that provides the resources to support its employees success in their roles and also acknowledges hard work through internal promotion.

Pros

Great employees, free fruit, cool office space, social events and fun central location

Cons

Lack of management support, advancement opportunities, processes & procedures and communication

Average

Average working environment . Generally good place to land in for fun and a few years but not a serious performance culture. Does not compare well ,

Pros

Informal

Cons

Too much emphasis on fun culture

Toronto Management needs reboot

A typical day at work starts at 8am for AEs and about 10am for all other staff. The culture of continuous learning is non existent and is largely due to the management who are more Salesforce admins than leaders.

Great Culture and pace

Loved working at Hootsuite! It's a face paced environment so you're always learning something new. Co-workers and management are outstanding, everyone has a lot on their plates, but are always willing to stop and help out when you ask. I loved working in the platform and with our clients - you truly feel like your work is meaningful and that you're making a difference.

productive fun company

Learned a lot of new things good experience. fast pace, organizes you can become a basic to a intermediate level within one year

Pros

learn new skills

Loved it

I thought Hootsuite had a great environment. They look after their employees so well and I enjoyed every moment of working there.

Rocket ship of a company to work for

I started at Hootsuite when there were 20 or so people. I left when there were over 800. As a result, I received an education in business, marketing, product development, and entrepreneurship that is akin to completing an MBA. My focus was on marketing, and specifically content and branding. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the incredibly fast pace and change that occurred in a company scaling as fast as we did. The best part of the job was the insanely steep learning curve.

Pros

Being a part of the journey and team

Cons

Nice work life balance, but lots of turnover and under compensation

Very interesting experience, lots of potential with Hootsuite, however they have begun falling behind their competitors. Management has seemed stagnate and some of the decisions made in the last year have been questionable. Overall I enjoyed my time there and learned a lot about SaaS sales, however there is lots of employee turnover, training is generally lacking, and unless you are working in the primary HQ in Vancouver there is not great communication.

Pros

Work Life Balance

Cons

Bad compensation (low salary, minimum benefits, no 401k, etc)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hootsuite. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement