Honeywell

Honeywell Employee Reviews

You have access to a vast learning platform and your co-workers are top helping you (at least In my area of service!!!).Management decisions are slow and the business is being dropped!!!
Pros
Learning opportunites
Cons
I joined Honeywell as an entry level Project Engineer. From Day 1 I was mentored by an experienced senior engineer. Trained theoretically and practically with hands-on training in the overall project life-cycle.
Pros
Great team
Honeywell bought us to remove the competition and talked about our product replacing their current offerings. This was followed by folding the worst parts of our software into theirs, and removing everything that made it special. They then proceeded to have offshore developers break everything. We spent all day fixing their bugs, and no progress was made. I left before the lay-offs...
TEch and other people are friendly. you have a free time, must manage your own time. Tools are all supplied which is good. training is provided. Car is provided as a tool.
Pros
manage your own time
Cons
normal days
Overlapping management system where left hand doesn’t know what right hand is doing. Any politician can survive but a worker cannot.
Pros
Reasonable pay
Cons
Worse internal power politics
Unfortunately the working culture is toxic and they are not very employee friendly.
Pros
not many
Cons
too numerous to mention
Honeywell bought out a long standing company which valued the community and workers. Honeywell did not share the same values. All correspondence was done on line without much human contact.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Everything done through long distance converencing
Fantastic work projects... horrible management and pay scale.
Pros
Company vehicle
Cons
Endless deluge of paperwork
Provided immeasurable benefits to develop product and equipment testing skills. Developed new skills and techniques by being exposed to state of the art technology.
I think if I was hired directly into Honeywell I would have a different perspective. But... my company was bought out by Honeywell. I watched them break down everything that was good about the company to make us comply with new corporate standards. Changes were expected, but to have company paid benefits replaced with worse employee paid, was just the tip of the iceberg. You become just a number to them. If they are not meeting the shareholders expectations, the first thing they will do is a reduction in workforce. This happened pretty consistently at the end of each quarter. I worked in IT and I can tell you something is wrong when the top 4 IT leaders resign in the same month...
Pros
employee discounts
Cons
too many to list
workplace culture very good employees very helpful no job security the hardest part of the job is not be able to fill positions when people leave. No more comments
Pros
No comments
Cons
No comments
Great team workers and management, company has great environment and culture. People are friendly and supportive, training is also provided. A lot to learn!
Friday was the most enjoyable part of the job. Work was organize according to deadline so employee can complete their target and leave early on Friday.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Large organization but run efficiently and processes are in place to coordinate global activities. Very good engineers and senior managers in Honeywell Aerospace division.
Le milieu de travail ainsi que les défis ont été omniprésents dans tout mon parcours à leur emploi. Il est cependant à déplorer qu'après l'achat par Honeywell, l'ambiance au travail ainsi que les types de responsabilités et défis qui nous étaient confiés ont été beaucoup modifiés.
Was only working seasonal but contract was supposed to work 10 months. Was very disappointed that they have to lay me off for shortage of work. But wanted to go back there to work
-No work life balance -No Growth Opportunities -Low Income vs Work Responsibilities -Negative Work Atmosphere -Employees viewed as numbers not employees
I love my customer site and my site staff, they are amazing. The issues are with Honeywell mgmt. and the lack of realization that because we are a special entity (P3 Project) we cannot operate under the same procedures, policies etc that are mandated on the Install, Service and Construction side of the team. With the penalties that we are held accountable for, we have our hands tied to actually MAKE our site better. It's a daily battle with corporate to try to stay above water with their mandates. Locally its a great company... but every large corporation has their battles. I hope Honeywell can get up to speed with what they are doing to their P3 site assets.
Pros
Pay decent wage for administrators
Cons
Don't get paid enough for the many roles, positions and tasks that you are forced to take on due to staff turnover
Great place to work and gain experience. This is a large global (American owned) company which does business in many industries. Mergers & Acquisitions are their greatest strength. Unfortunately, if acquired, they will most likely "break" the company in order to standardize it to their processes.
1. Flexible work schedule 2. Team work 3. Great organization 4. Management is very helpful when needing support in anything. 5. Most enjoyable part of the job is the technical aspect
Très belle équipe et très bonnes conditions de travail.
Pros
conditions de travail
Cons
avancement
  1. Employee reviews