Honeywell

Honeywell Employee Reviews

You have access to a vast learning platform and your co-workers are top helping you (at least In my area of service!!!).Management decisions are slow and the business is being dropped!!!
Pros
Learning opportunites
Cons
I have learned many things and skills in areas i've never worked before. It's fast paced and a great adventure. I wish it wasn't closing. It's hard work but rewarding. Straight days and good pay. lots of older workers so good work ethic on the the most part and very challenging. it is a very safe place to work.
Very fast environment and lots of orders to pick for shipping. Very dusty and dark. Needed more people to pick orders. More people to ship orders. Was all day shift.
Productive and nice environment to work at. Friendly staff and good work life balance. Lots of learning curve and overall a great place to work. Busy work days.
Job was extremely hectic and stressful. Worked approximately 60 hour per week and never caught up. Handled and resolved issues all day long. Too many meetings which took a huge chunk out of your work day.
Projects have a lot of cross disciplines that help develop good customer expectations. There is Creole Is it a truth is it fair to all concerned will It buld Good Will and better friendships I will it be beneficial to all concerned
Management was not professional. Human Resources was constantly involved with ongoing issues at the warehouse. Certain employees were given special care while many others were overlooked.
Honeywell is a Company with Focus in Technology. While working at Honeywell I had the opportunity to work in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary and inclusive work environments
After COM DEV was bought by Honeywell in 2016, within two years, the company laid off over 50% of the workforce here. Increasing shareholders' profit is prevailing over maintaining customers' satisfaction.
Our work was very fast paced and required quick turnaround from estimation to shop drawing packages and programming. A typical day involved reviewing consultant drawings and specifications, preparing sequences of operations and control drawings for BAS controls and putting together submittal packages for clients. Management was fair, but there was little room for advancement. I did learn a great deal about control systems and programming and the people there are willing to help out if you ask. There are a lot of processes and procedures to follow at Honeywell with regards to work and culture, so expect things there to be very structured and regimented.
Pros
Great opportunities to learn and grow
Cons
Highly structured
Honeywell was, overall, a great experience. I will admit the work/life balance was difficult, since many of the teams I managed were international teams. This caused one to have to manage projects across multiple time zones. Sadly, upper management did not seem to understand the difficulties for day to operations that some of their decisions generated. Overall, working for Honeywell was a great experience because of the opportunities it generated. Although, I was initially pushed into management, the experience this offered made me realize that I actually liked managing people.
Great place to grow professionally long term. Good work ethics in office. Occasional travels required. Learned about working in global engineering company.
Flexible with time and very considerate. You can have time with your family. A safe place .The only downside is positions available in Calgary is not stable.
The Product I great, the employment was considered as just a number when I was there! I was the culture was not a good one everyone was out for themselves due to the format that was laid out by management! Safety product division only
The last 5 years was hard working at Honeywell International Ottawa. I have been put in a position where I must take on new roles without discussing these new roles as part of my job at EMS and have done the best to learn them and execute them well.
Since the spin off its been kind of hectic and stressful. All the factory, DC and personnel moves have made it difficult for the customers and employees.
After four years I found myself decimated by the infighting and back stabbing politics. It's easy to lose your mojo in this environment, and hard to get it back. Keep your sanity and find another company to work for that will respect your contribution.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Management principles, back stabbing, office politics
Good company to work for. Good challenges. Very smart people. My function changed while there in a direction I am not looking for so I decided on a change. Otherwise would still be there.
I was working on a special project and I had to lean how to use a new program at the role. I had a very goos support system from the team with how the program works. This allowed me to be able to contribute valuably to the overall project
Very political environement at HQ level and they have no mercy/care for those outside of the center of universe (Phoenix). Mississauga office environement was OK but this site is not going to last long...
It good place work the people every nice and make you feel like you belong there.They took the time to train you make sure you understand the work you were doing.
  1. Employee reviews