Honeywell logo

Clear
3.6Pay & benefits

Found 74 reviews matching the searchSee all 9,300 reviews

Good company to work for

Good company to work for. I worked for Honeywell for 33+ years. I enjoyed my time there and I enjoyed the people I worked with. I worked in the business and corporate. Benefits could be a bit better, but they’re not bad. The managers I had all cared about the people who work for them.

Pros

Good people, working hard

Cons

Benefits and pay could be better, male oriented culture

Terrible place to work

Expect to work for free.Management micro manage and have no knowledge of any info.Number one priority is making Honeywell money.Expect to work for free.

Pros

Nothing but promises and rainbows

Cons

Working for free

Stabilité mais complexe

Une multinationale avec ses avantages et inconvénients. Un emploi stable mais loin des décisions. Beaucoup de pressions mise sur les employés de champ

Good company to work for

Work environment is nice and work/life balance is very good. No unpaid overtime required. Management is helpful on the tasks and goals. As any other big enterprise a bit reluctant to promote on time.

Cons

Not flexible with time and work location

Decent pay for hard work

The interview is an on-site with two senior developers/engineer. Then there was an email asking you for some past work that you did. In my case, it was about parser. The pay is decent but can be higher. 8 hours a day work, no overtime required. There is furlough where you can work at home if you want. I was a contractor there for about 9 months.

Pros

8 hours, no overtime without pay required

Cons

hardwork

Good company

Good company, process oriented, fast paced hence sometimes lacks planning. work culture is good but no great benefits. Management has not been able to combat the recession of experienced resources in the company

Productive and family culture.

Fast paced however rewarding. Technically rewarding. Family culture and collaborative. Management supportive. Salary is competitive. Learned the ins and outs related to Project Management and operating system.

Productive workplace

Great place to grow professionally long term. Good work ethics in office. Occasional travels required. Learned about working in global engineering company.

Back stabbing jerks!

After four years I found myself decimated by the infighting and back stabbing politics. It's easy to lose your mojo in this environment, and hard to get it back. Keep your sanity and find another company to work for that will respect your contribution.

Pros

Good salary

Cons

Management principles, back stabbing, office politics

Productive place, we do exercises stretches during tier meetings, there is also some exercise equipment at the facility.

Fun place to work, the company promotes and encourage diversity in the work place. There are a lot of employees that came from different social ethnicity.

Pros

They have free lunches and free bagels.

Cons

You have to work long hours to meet deadlines.

Jobs at Honeywell

See more jobs

Shocking number of contractors

Honeywell is a fine company that has taken the questionable approach of contracting out much of its labour. Consequently, few people actually care about the work being done or the projects they’re working on. Turnover is very high and they don’t hesitate to cut contractors when desired

Pros

Solid co, good permanent leadership

Cons

Not a long term job, salary

non productive and not a fun place to work

it is very hard to work in a company with no benefits at all except having the job . You are just a number. They don't care about their employees but themselves. Not flexible working hours compared to my older employer which they took over. Very sad it happens.

Pros

just got a job

Cons

no benefits, you have to purchase your health insurance, no free bees

professional environment

Professional environment. Great manager and good customers. Excellent support staff and resources. Great benefits and salary. Good variety of different work.

people are good.

TEch and other people are friendly. you have a free time, must manage your own time. Tools are all supplied which is good. training is provided. Car is provided as a tool.

Pros

manage your own time

Cons

normal days

Excellent opportunity with Great Compnay

Provided immeasurable benefits to develop product and equipment testing skills. Developed new skills and techniques by being exposed to state of the art technology.

Watch out if they buy your company

I think if I was hired directly into Honeywell I would have a different perspective. But... my company was bought out by Honeywell. I watched them break down everything that was good about the company to make us comply with new corporate standards. Changes were expected, but to have company paid benefits replaced with worse employee paid, was just the tip of the iceberg. You become just a number to them. If they are not meeting the shareholders expectations, the first thing they will do is a reduction in workforce. This happened pretty consistently at the end of each quarter. I worked in IT and I can tell you something is wrong when the top 4 IT leaders resign in the same month...

Pros

employee discounts

Cons

too many to list

A lot of pressure

I started working for EMS Canada in 2001. I enjoyed my job working in a fast paced Customer Service role working on returns for repair and overhaul. I worked with customers from around the globe. I was very passionate about the job and enjoyed working and solving my customers needs. I built good Customer relationships, gaining trust and reliability. EMS was eventually sold to Honeywell and EMS adopted the Honeywell culture and customer service practices. Some important services were lost in this transaction. The close personal customer service needs were lost and the volume increased. The customers were then required to go to a website to create their own repair tickets and put in a que for the next individual to address their needs and problems. This method created longer lead times for delivery and troubleshooting.

Pros

Good salary and benefits

Cons

Lot of pressure and responsibilities

Com Dev was a great place to work at, with excellent benefits.

I worked there when the company was Com Dev Ltd. It was a fantastic company to work for with a decent salary, great benefits, good culture and a great atmosphere when working in the lab. I do not know, what it is like to work for Honeywell, since they took over.

Pros

Golden Cadillac of benefits.

Cons

Shift work

fun work olace

was great working for honeywell. the people i worked for were pretty friendly.working at different shools.but laid off contract was finnished.the hrs were also good.

good

Cons

Compagnie soucieuse de ses employés

Relever des défis au quotidien. Beaucoup de formation 5S et SSE, multi-fonction. Soutient aux employés par les patrons dans un cadre multi-culturel. Le plus difficile de mon travail était de faire accepter et d'adapter les changements aux employés du aux diminution des temps pour les cost saving. Le plus agréable était de pouvoir travailler en équipe avec ces gens qui avaient l'expérience et le soucis du travail bien fait. Le travail d'équipe est le seul qui fait avancé une entreprise car il solidifie les liens entre les employés de production, de bureaux et ceux de la direction.

Pros

Usine propre et entrenu, cafés gratuits, employés de productions aussi importants que les patrons

Cons

Fermeture de l'usine

Would not recommend working here

Salary was horrible for the amount of work you are required to do. There is no Management, and the culture is that you are left to sink or swim. Very little training provided with very little support.

Pros

Good Benefits, but you pay for them

Cons

Salary, training, culture, not a fun, team environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Honeywell. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8K