Honeywell

Clear
3.5Pay & benefits

Found 9 reviews matching the searchSee all 9,430 reviews

Very disorganized

I recently started pay is good. No one really seems to be happy about training new employees. Work is easy. Company is extremely disorganized!! Mandatory OT yet employees complaining there's no work

Pros

Good pay. Easy work

Cons

Disorganized.

Left with a bad taste in my mouth and regrets

Only thing good about this job was the pay. Benefits are terrible and expensive. Hours aren't good. Training is bad. They hang you out to dry. Nobody has your back or tells you anything. You are on your own. Bring in new people with very little training and expect nobody to make mistakes. Shift leads do nothing but write people up. They are worthless. Can't retain good employees when you don't set them up to succeed. Too much red tape involved with corporate. You are just a number and u learn this right from the start. They do not care about you or your success. Poor communication and too much politics. Most people walk on eggshells worried about write ups. All corporate cares about is numbers. Union is company run.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Lousy hours, poor benefits, poor morale, poor training, politics

Disappointing

Only worked at Geneva plant briefly. The work isn’t that hard, but the training sucks. Tons of paperwork and they expect you to already know everything but don’t want to show you anything. Write you up for everything and anything and will get you fired. The union seems very ineffective. Honeywell only cares about numbers and nothing else. And their numbers are unrealistic and unobtainable. Most of the people walk around like zombies. Most of the old perfection employees can’t stand it since Honeywell took it over a few years ago. The suits walk around the shop standing over you and trying to intimidate you with their stop watches. Your supervisor will set you up for failure. The pay is amazingly good for Ashtabula county. But they keep bringing in a revolving door of new employees and temps. But unless you are on A shift your hours will suck. The benefits are expensive and horrible. No communication at all. Try to find out anything, good luck. You’ll get many different people on hr direct from all over the country but they won’t be able to tell you anything. Like I said nobody knows anything or tells you anything. But they expect you to know it already. It could be a good place to work but Honeywell refuses to comply.

Pros

Good pay. Close to home. Easy work.

Cons

Lousy hours. Poor benefits, poor training. Poor communication. Petty write ups.

Unrealistic targets

Everything is about cost cutting. Decisions are short sighted and not setting plants up for long term results. Turnover in management is very high, which means that priorities are constantly changing.

Pros

Pay rate is good for most jobs

Cons

Very expensive health insurance, unachievable targets, furloughs and layoffs are frequent throughout company

Honeywell

work is steady and fast a lot of family and plenty overtime good people and 3 30min breaks to handle what ever u need to handle they gave me steel toe boots

ok

Need better management, lots of overtime, not far to temps. easy work, great pay if you can do all the overtime worked every weekend. lots of paper work

Good money, that's about it

There is required overtime on off days and no paid off holidays. Insurance sucks. But the money is good. Not real sure why this is forcing me to review honeywell but here it is.

Management, Benefits where good.

I enjoyed the management and the benefits where very fair in todays environment. I learned a lot about working as an FAA assembly production mechanic. Those activities include the repair, reassembly and Q.A. inspection.

Pros

Cons

A very long Commute.

Basic day was very busy & very demanding assembly work.

I enjoyed & was thankful for having a job that worked me 40 hours a week with benifits. I was very dissapointed in the fact that the Honeywell Jobs were sent to China & basiclly laid off over 200 employees.

Pros

Good team work was imperative, you relied on the person next to you as much as they relied on you.

Cons

Not the best paying job for a company that had Multi Million $ Contracts, but was stable & had Benifits

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Honeywell?