Honeywell

Honeywell Pay & benefits reviews: Machinist

Clear
3.6Pay & benefits

Found 11 reviews matching the searchSee all 9,341 reviews

Honeywell is a good place to work with little to no stress and good pay

Working at Honeywell Aerospace was a good learning experience. I was able to pick up skills and experience on a multitude of CNC machines. The work was difficult at times, but never overly stressful. The culture on Swing shift is really good. People are very friendly and are good friends to have. Unfortunately, that friendliness and helpful attitude does not transfer over on Day shift. Management could definitely be reformed. There is an obvious "Good ol' boys" thing going on. As long as you don't make the wrong person upset, and keep your head down, working at Honeywell could be a forever job.

Pros

Good Pay, room to move up

Cons

Short Breaks, Bad benefits, No lunches provided for Night shift

Busy Environment

You will be extremely busy. If you love overtime you will have as much as you can stand. I've never worked at a company were they spent so much on overtime.

Pros

Overtime pay

Management with little to no higher education

Poor raises only 1 to 2 % a year. Safety is #1 To much over time becouse they can not get machinist to apply and if they did apply they soon quit in search or a better place.

Pros

Safe clean

Cons

Need better management

I would work here if I was eligible.

I was an inexperienced machinist when I started, and had to leave due to that. With experience I have gained, I would work there again because of the benefits, pay, and decent environment. The management has shifted to a much better team that I am aware of.

Pros

Benefits and pay

Cons

12 hour shifts.

More interested in process than product

Honeywell is a company with an identity crisis. Many new acquisitions of other industries have left them unsure of what their function is other than"improvement". At the core compensation is good with decent benefits and job security. I am sure once they settle down with their processes it will be an excellent place to work

Pros

Salary and benefits

Cons

rapid fire policy changes

Ehh

Insurance options leave much to be desired. Too top heavy in regards to management. Great stock options. Working environment is draining due to poor morale/toxic environment. Annual increases are merit based and do not amount to much (do not keep up with increase to cost of living). Not enough employee recognition with little done for the employees by the company. Only get 1- 10 minute break and 1-20 min lunch.

Pros

Stock Options

Cons

Short Breaks and Healthcare

there is not much space for career growth

-salary not up to current economic standard -low opportunity for career growth -less job security cause a lot job send to out source -good environment -there is target for every day for each job that we do -good friend

Good place to work, plenty of OT. Good benefits.

Honeywell is a solid company. There is a lot of OT required making home life a bit difficult at times. But well worth it, also. 40 hrs Vacation, ins, retirement from day one. Training is on going and in depth. We are encouraged to give suggestions on improving quality and production procedures, so we feel a part of. Safety is a huge concern at Honeywell. Honeywell is considered a high security site, due to the type of work by the Dept. of Homeland Security so security is tight. Co workers are easy to work with and we all work as a big family. 200+ employees in Spokane.

Pros

Good benefits, good pay.

Cons

Mandatory overtime.

Spokane Honeywell. The good the bad and the ugly.

Coworkers were great. Management sucked, management styles sucked, they will want to brainwash you will cultural alignment propaganda. The work was not much better. If you like to do the exact same thing for your entire career then this is the place. The hours were atrocious. Then on top of the regular hour they will demand overtime also.

Pros

Paycheck and stability

Cons

Management, hours, quality of life from long hours and mandatory overtime.

wouldn't work for Honeywell Again

This is only my experience at the site I work for not all of Honeywell. good pay, bad hours, no work life balance , incompetent leadership. yearly furloughs , no raises, and many lay offs.

Jobs at Honeywell