Honeywell

Honeywell Employee Reviews for Facilities Manager

I love my customer site and my site staff, they are amazing. The issues are with Honeywell mgmt. and the lack of realization that because we are a special entity (P3 Project) we cannot operate under the same procedures, policies etc that are mandated on the Install, Service and Construction side of the team. With the penalties that we are held accountable for, we have our hands tied to actually MAKE our site better. It's a daily battle with corporate to try to stay above water with their mandates. Locally its a great company... but every large corporation has their battles. I hope Honeywell can get up to speed with what they are doing to their P3 site assets.
Pros
Pay decent wage for administrators
Cons
Don't get paid enough for the many roles, positions and tasks that you are forced to take on due to staff turnover
Definitely enjoyed the people that I worked with, but due to downturn in economy financial benefits were non-existent. I worked in a new and innovative dept but the workload kept increasing without adding the necessary resources to match.
Large technology company has issues with divisions that aren't leading the way financially or contained within the core business. This leads to lack of support and overall lack of understanding of the specific needs of the business.
Honeywell is a very large world wide organization which is sometimes challenging to work with colleagues in other countries due to some issues with communication. There is constant change in Management as they are moved from region to region, and position to position. Job security and benefits are somewhat lacking and the attitudes of many employees reflects gap.
Even though my hours are 730a-4pm, I am usually in the office by 630-7am to be able to get through my emails before my techs come in for the day and before my manager shows up so that I am ready for whatever challenges he needs me for. My manager is great and my techs are also fabulous. The problem with this site is our customer is a completely unreasonable person. Because this site is the first of it's kind in Ontario, Honeywell made some MAJOR mistakes with what they agreed and obligated us to within the Project Agreement with this customer. With the time limitations and staffing levels that we currently have, there is no way that we will be able to meet the obligations of our PA, even though it is still expected. I am usually running 15-20hrs (min) OT a week and find myself working before work, after work, and thinking about work while I sleep. I truly believe that with a customer who was dedicated to making the site the best it could be for all staff, patients and visitors, this site would be an enjoyable place to work. Even though it would still be demanding and challenging, to be able to work side by side WITH our customer to make things better would be a great feeling. Instead, we run head to head against eachother as it seems to be his missing in life to try to have us removed from site, or penalized so much for ridiculous things that we can't properly focus on our jobs. Because I am such a dedicated employee, and I very much care about my job and my fellow staff members, I try to give 110% in everything I do. However, even in this situation... 110% - more...