Honeywell

Honeywell Employee Reviews for Engineer

You have access to a vast learning platform and your co-workers are top helping you (at least In my area of service!!!).Management decisions are slow and the business is being dropped!!!
Pros
Learning opportunites
Cons
Good company, process oriented, fast paced hence sometimes lacks planning. work culture is good but no great benefits. Management has not been able to combat the recession of experienced resources in the company
Excellent place to work. Learned new things. Very helpful everyday is new to learn. Amazing environment. Big company so it has few cons as well which can be ignored.
when I started to work for Street Smart Technology in december 1999, our company is a division of Ademco which is a division of Pittway corporation. In 2000, Pittway was acquired by Honeywell, and it took about 5 years for Honeywell to implement its policy and management style. So I can say I have worked about 5 years under small company environment and 12 years under large corporation management. I can say both environments have its bad and good aspects. Working for a Fortune 100 company is prestigious, projects are distributed globally. Working for a small company is also exciting technically, I can feel and see results of my jobs.
high stress, immediate boss may know nothing about your job and provide worst possible advice. keep excellent documentation, people get thrown under the bus. some people do provide honest practical advice, you have to find and cultivate these people. hours can get bad. in house training is very good, but they are condensing this very hard.
Pros
rate of pay, exposure to new methods, in house training
Cons
long overtime hours without pay, stress