Honeywell

Honeywell Employee Reviews in Markham, ON

Good stability and career growth opportunity, but slow to change as with most large companies. Honeywell provides a lot of internal and external resources to help employees grow.
Work environment is nice and work/life balance is very good. No unpaid overtime required. Management is helpful on the tasks and goals. As any other big enterprise a bit reluctant to promote on time.
Cons
Not flexible with time and work location
They hire people for management who aren't qualified. People who don't know the procedures or services/ don't know what systems we use or how to do our job
They dont care for employees at all...feels like slavery ...typical favoritism environment...and their so called complain hotline is a myth..once youbrrport a problem , they FiRE you
Pros
Experience
Cons
Too much pressure and no reward
Our work was very fast paced and required quick turnaround from estimation to shop drawing packages and programming. A typical day involved reviewing consultant drawings and specifications, preparing sequences of operations and control drawings for BAS controls and putting together submittal packages for clients. Management was fair, but there was little room for advancement. I did learn a great deal about control systems and programming and the people there are willing to help out if you ask. There are a lot of processes and procedures to follow at Honeywell with regards to work and culture, so expect things there to be very structured and regimented.
Pros
Great opportunities to learn and grow
Cons
Highly structured
Great place to grow professionally long term. Good work ethics in office. Occasional travels required. Learned about working in global engineering company.
I joined Honeywell as an entry level Project Engineer. From Day 1 I was mentored by an experienced senior engineer. Trained theoretically and practically with hands-on training in the overall project life-cycle.
Pros
Great team
With the department I worked for, the work/life balance was excellent. It was very flexible. I found their communication inadequate and unprofessional at times.
Working in a very busy environment with hardworking staff. supporting managements. Start the day with quick meeting with the operator on different lines,
Honeywell enacts many things to exhibit a positive corporate culture and keep employees happy with the company’s objectives. It also shows how being employee-friendly and exhibiting some social entrepreneurship makes Honeywell a more appealing place to work for individuals, because they opt in to an environment which makes them feel morally good about the work that they do. In all the sections aforementioned, Honeywell shows a corporate consciousness that allow it to convey a corporate culture that is consistent, accepted by the community, and aligned with the needs and desires of the modern employee.
Pros
Workflow and organizational structure
Cons
Rewards and status symbols motivating employees
Management is not very creative with regards to innovative ways to move the company forward. Development and R&D lags behind industry leaders.
There are opportunities to: + Experience different systems and technologies + Build and improve systems + Work remotely with teams in different time zones and continents + Travel.
Honeywell and subcontractors working for Honeywell/power stream have a very solid objectives and they get completed, I recall one day when going into work I had a few customers cancel their appointments due to emergency situations, given that my day would be short and not enough work done, they quickly found replacements call for those who canceled and my day went on. very organized company. pleasure working with them. the most enjoyable part of my job was to see customers content with the service offered and I took passion in assuring that the customers understood the concept of the device being installed which was the elliptical eye reader, this device was designed to inform the customers the amount of electricity consumed in the home at that moment with lights stove etc, as well tally's up your amount of usage at the end of month. Some struggles I would come across is meter banks that are typically installed in government housing complex and those were difficult at times because the meters weren't always numbered to the homes and were all individual but all bunched up together, so I would ask the customers for their bill. and I would trace the meter number on the bill and match it with the meter that is located amongst 10-15 meters. In terms of co workers I had one other but he was doing his own work order, the job always required to work on a individual level, but I posses both skills of being able to work individually and in groups. I would comment on the hardest part of job but I cant recall anything being hard for me to complete my daily work. I tend to find - more...
Pros
bonus pay if exceed expectations
Cons
travel, varies daily
Great staff that are always willing to help. Management is always willing to accommodate to your needs for scheduling. The workload is beyond fair and the encourage over-time.
Pros
they encourage over-time
Cons
small lunch room