Honeywell
Happiness score is 68 out of 100

Honeywell Employee Reviews in Cambridge, ON

Overall great experience. The management in US were excellent and very supportive. This is a Global company full of knowledgeable people and I would be happy to be back and work there at Honeywell!
Not the same culture and management style change along with feeling of being laid off which happened to me and many colleges. Stress was always there by management due to Micro management.
Pros
Some good people there
Cons
Poor management
You are given a very specific box to work within. You never leave that box. A very formal and regimented culture. Managers have very little authority. All decisions are driven by rigid procedures.
After COM DEV was bought by Honeywell in 2016, within two years, the company laid off over 50% of the workforce here. Increasing shareholders' profit is prevailing over maintaining customers' satisfaction.
Bought the company I worked for. Complete overhaul of management. Loss of major customers. A great company turned toxic. Cut us down to 4 days a week and tried to force us to use vacation for the fiffth
Enjoyed working at Honeywell with friendly and cooperative coworkers. Very relaxed working environment with flexible timing and lot of learning opportunities and chances to grow your career.
it is very hard to work in a company with no benefits at all except having the job . You are just a number. They don't care about their employees but themselves. Not flexible working hours compared to my older employer which they took over. Very sad it happens.
Pros
just got a job
Cons
no benefits, you have to purchase your health insurance, no free bees
Company is so large it fails to recognize some of its measurement systems which impede production and quality. Well divers culture and healthy work Environment.
Honeywell bought out a long standing company which valued the community and workers. Honeywell did not share the same values. All correspondence was done on line without much human contact.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Everything done through long distance converencing
I think if I was hired directly into Honeywell I would have a different perspective. But... my company was bought out by Honeywell. I watched them break down everything that was good about the company to make us comply with new corporate standards. Changes were expected, but to have company paid benefits replaced with worse employee paid, was just the tip of the iceberg. You become just a number to them. If they are not meeting the shareholders expectations, the first thing they will do is a reduction in workforce. This happened pretty consistently at the end of each quarter. I worked in IT and I can tell you something is wrong when the top 4 IT leaders resign in the same month...
Pros
employee discounts
Cons
too many to list
Great team workers and management, company has great environment and culture. People are friendly and supportive, training is also provided. A lot to learn!
Great place to work and gain experience. This is a large global (American owned) company which does business in many industries. Mergers & Acquisitions are their greatest strength. Unfortunately, if acquired, they will most likely "break" the company in order to standardize it to their processes.
I worked there when the company was Com Dev Ltd. It was a fantastic company to work for with a decent salary, great benefits, good culture and a great atmosphere when working in the lab. I do not know, what it is like to work for Honeywell, since they took over.
Pros
Golden Cadillac of benefits.
Cons
Shift work
Very stressful environment created by the management. No responses to the problems. Unfair evaluation of the employees using the Personal Improvement System.
Pros
Famous name of the company
Cons
Management attitude towards employees
The workplace culture is no longer like a Canadian company. The work day start and end with meetings. The most enjoyable part of the job is get job done.
Learned a lot while having fun working with various functions resolving issues and keep moving the projects forward. The place has changed a lot since the COM DEV buyout by Honeywell. All the major leaders have left the company and the place is in chaos.
Pros
good environment
Cons
very long hours
Honeywell is a great company to work for! I am only here on a contract for a few months covering a maternity leave. Wish I could have stayed with Honeywell!
Pros
Great cafeteria on Site
Cons
Many changes lately
Honeywell is a fairly positive place to work and they are willing to acknowledge you hard work. Job security is challenging in that work is being transitioned to different parts of the world.
Pros
Work Environment and Co-workers
Productive and fun workplace with a solid employee operating system. Many opportunities to learn from skilled employees. Production environment is characterized by 5S culture. Large Hi-tech corporation.
Good Company to work for, excellent vision, good culture, hard working colleagues, management could improve in many ways.
Pros
Culture and vision was good, enjoyed the recreational club and events.
Cons
Salary review increases could be better.
Honeywell | Aerospace just purchased Com Dev so I am optimistic that they will bring opportunity and integrity to the site.