Honeywell
Happiness score is 68 out of 100

Honeywell Employee Reviews in Calgary, AB

Management willing to listen and supportive. Casual work day, no one watches the clock as long as the job gets done to a high quality. Strong local leadership with a focus on collaborating departments for the better good all customers and verticals.
Honeywell is a Company with Focus in Technology. While working at Honeywell I had the opportunity to work in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary and inclusive work environments
After four years I found myself decimated by the infighting and back stabbing politics. It's easy to lose your mojo in this environment, and hard to get it back. Keep your sanity and find another company to work for that will respect your contribution.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Management principles, back stabbing, office politics
Honeywell is a great organization to work for but in Calgary they have downsize to the point there's no place for salespeople. Evening technical staff work out of a home office. Some of the best ethical training available. Too bad management neglects the ethical ends of the business.
Honeywell is a process oriented company, if you do not like process, then this would not be the place for you, Honeywell does not pay the best, but they are above average for the pay. Honeywell is a very diversified company and believes strongly in having a diverse group of people working there.
It is hard to keep both customer and company happy. Any negative feedback from customers immediately puts you in the blame. Do not feel supported by management. Lots of machinations in the background.
Disappointed that when they took over BW Tech, promised that they would keep the local business going. Within a few years it was more important to get rid of local workers and make higher profits by moving local jobs to low paying jobs in Mexico, India and Korea.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
No loyalty to employees
If you want to learn some courses to improve your working skill; the manager always guide you thru the way to reach your goal. Sometime you need to rush yourself to finish task on time
Pros
Very safety environment
Cons
Too many meeting
was great working for honeywell. the people i worked for were pretty friendly.working at different shools.but laid off contract was finnished.the hrs were also good.
good
Cons
Salary was horrible for the amount of work you are required to do. There is no Management, and the culture is that you are left to sink or swim. Very little training provided with very little support.
Pros
Good Benefits, but you pay for them
Cons
Salary, training, culture, not a fun, team environment
Large company with a dynamic workplace found in almost any country in the world. Pay is great plus benefits. Management is poor though and needs revamping.
Pros
free lunches, free company car for techs
Cons
poor management
Definitely enjoyed the people that I worked with, but due to downturn in economy financial benefits were non-existent. I worked in a new and innovative dept but the workload kept increasing without adding the necessary resources to match.
Good exposure to some of the latest technology. Good global exposure. Work days were always different which kept it interesting. Great people to work with always willing to help each other out.
Pros
Good people to work with. Lots of interesting project work.
Cons
Lack of job security.
good place to work for with good management team....deferential work ethic and multicultural atmosphere where you can find employees from deferential backgrounds.
A huge company that you barely get seen. All the efforts are buried under the company's big name . Need to be extra ordinary to grow up. Very resource price driven.
Pros
Pretty secure
Cons
no work place culture/friendship
I really enjoyed working for Honeywell, good company, great people and friendly environment. What attracted me to work for Honeywell was the company's reputation and all the good things I've heard about it.
Pros
great company, great people
Cons
It didn't last.
It must be on Indeed's system, Honeywell seemed to be default. The answer I made are indicative, |I have no knowledge about the company. I'm base in Calgary and willing to travel or relocate if need be.
Great colleagues and communicative management. I enjoyed my time working for the company. They provided us with great training opportunities and ensured that we are reflective in our practice
Good environment, supportive Manager, friendly colleagues and enjoyable work culture. I loved the job very much because of most of my duties related to Accounting such as payroll submission, billing, preparing budgets and credit and re-billing.
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
Honeywell is not a manufacturing company but rather an acquisition company. In my mind they are not concerned about the quality of the products they make but rather how many units they can sell.
traditional company style, provide good product to customer, focused on customer, provide engineering service to project, multiple culture, good working environment.