Honeywell Employee Reviews

Found 249 reviews matching the search See all 6,987 reviews
Technical company with no growth Opportunities
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 March 2019
-No work life balance
-No Growth Opportunities
-Low Income vs Work Responsibilities
-Negative Work Atmosphere
-Employees viewed as numbers not employees
Top Heavy with No Idea What REALLY Happens
Facilities Management Administrator (Current Employee) –  Ontario1 March 2019
I love my customer site and my site staff, they are amazing. The issues are with Honeywell mgmt. and the lack of realization that because we are a special entity (P3 Project) we cannot operate under the same procedures, policies etc that are mandated on the Install, Service and Construction side of the team. With the penalties that we are held accountable for, we have our hands tied to actually MAKE our site better. It's a daily battle with corporate to try to stay above water with their mandates. Locally its a great company... but every large corporation has their battles. I hope Honeywell can get up to speed with what they are doing to their P3 site assets.
Pros
Pay decent wage for administrators
Cons
Don't get paid enough for the many roles, positions and tasks that you are forced to take on due to staff turnover
Great place to gain experience
Project Engineer/Wireless Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON26 February 2019
Great place to work and gain experience. This is a large global (American owned) company which does business in many industries. Mergers & Acquisitions are their greatest strength. Unfortunately, if acquired, they will most likely "break" the company in order to standardize it to their processes.
Amazing experience working for this company
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 February 2019
1. Flexible work schedule
2. Team work
3. Great organization
4. Management is very helpful when needing support in anything.
5. Most enjoyable part of the job is the technical aspect
Très bien
Technicien en automatisation (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 January 2019
Très belle équipe et très bonnes conditions de travail.
Pros
conditions de travail
Cons
avancement
A lot of course to learn to improve my working skill
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 January 2019
If you want to learn some courses to improve your working skill; the manager always guide you thru the way to reach your goal.
Sometime you need to rush yourself to finish task on time
Pros
Very safety environment
Cons
Too many meeting
A lot of pressure
Senior Customer Service Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON30 January 2019
I started working for EMS Canada in 2001. I enjoyed my job working in a fast paced Customer Service role working on returns for repair and overhaul. I worked with customers from around the globe. I was very passionate about the job and enjoyed working and solving my customers needs. I built good Customer relationships, gaining trust and reliability.
EMS was eventually sold to Honeywell and EMS adopted the Honeywell culture and customer service practices. Some important services were lost in this transaction. The close personal customer service needs were lost and the volume increased. The customers were then required to go to a website to create their own repair tickets and put in a que for the next individual to address their needs and problems. This method created longer lead times for delivery and troubleshooting.
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
Lot of pressure and responsibilities
Experienced executive with experience in quality management, resolving supplier quality issues, customer issues and operational quality
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 January 2019
Experienced Executive with experience in manufacturing industries.

Hostal Enviroment
Building Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 January 2019
Employees have no worth.
toxic environment.
safety come second.
poor attitude to their staff and costumers.
I wont even buy there product if I see it in a store.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Productive and Stress Free Workplace
Chemical Process Simulation Intern (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 December 2018
As an intern in the OTS chemical simulation department, working at Honeywell was a good learning experience. The work environment was productive and flexible, and I did not feel stressed.
Internship
Quality Control Intern (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 December 2018
I was satisfied with the internship, it was my first and only Mech Engineering internship, it is the kind of environment I would like to work at, I would be happy if the rest of my career followed Honeywell
Would not recommend for employment
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 December 2018
Honeywell could be a great place to work if they treated their employees with a little more respect and not overload their desks with items that cannot possibly be completed in a 37.5 hour work week.

That being said, you get to work with great people and take pride in the work that you do accomplish.
Pros
Great co-workers, great location
Cons
Very little training
Poor management decisions
Field Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB9 December 2018
Business needs over employees overall needs and happiness.
If you don't mind poor management and poor interpersonal skills of colleagues.

Good company to learn a lot about Honeywell DCS and build solid experience and knowledge.
Com Dev was a great place to work at, with excellent benefits.
Radio Frequency Technologist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON26 October 2018
I worked there when the company was Com Dev Ltd. It was a fantastic company to work for with a decent salary, great benefits, good culture and a great atmosphere when working in the lab. I do not know, what it is like to work for Honeywell, since they took over.
Pros
Golden Cadillac of benefits.
Cons
Shift work
Unemployment would be a better Profession
Certified Electrician 309A (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON21 October 2018
If you're a robot who has no common sense, lacks basic human emotion and has no ethics then this is the company for you. I have been in my profession for over 15 years and no amount of experience can prepare your this company. The Idea of safety is very important until push comes to shove and it will cost them time or money and they will ask you to do the most rediculous things. Forget any support from management as they are so overwhelmed they don't know if they are coming or going and say goodbye to your family as you will never enjoy a moment with them as you are expected to be available 365 days a year. One of our managers had to attend funeral for a family member half way around the world and was asked to keep their phone on them to respond to calls.
Pros
Lots of overtime if thats what you want
Cons
No Life Work Balance, No support from management, No Common sense
Engineering Co-op
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 October 2018
As an intern I was presented with an array of interesting and meaningful things that I could do within the company to both solve real world problems and increase my knowledge.
Pros
Interesting Technologies
Cons
Excessive Bureaucracy
Productive workplace
Project Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 October 2018
The culture of this company is great, and everyone I worked with was amazing. Pros: Interesting Industry, room for improvement, Industry leader, growing, diverse workplace, multinational. The ability to grow although just for higher management.
Very low workplace culture
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON14 October 2018
Very stressful environment created by the management. No responses to the problems. Unfair evaluation of the employees using the Personal Improvement System.
Pros
Famous name of the company
Cons
Management attitude towards employees
fun work olace
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 October 2018
was great working for honeywell. the people i worked for were pretty friendly.working at different shools.but laid off contract was finnished.the hrs were also good.
good
Exciting assignment, great people
(Contract) Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 September 2018
Honeywell is considered one o the major Control Systems companies in the world. Their products are controlling processes in all industries from mining to pharmaceuticals and nuclear. They maintain the highest standards.
It was great to manage this project for them. It required interfacing with their offices in India, USA, Canada and Jamaica and interfacing with the Engineering partners of Alcoa, Hatch and Fluor. Communication and cooperation was great.
Pros
greta project atmosphere and team spirit
Cons
Early cancellation of the project.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Honeywell. Our community is ready to answer.

52.2K