Honeywell
Happiness score is 68 out of 100

Honeywell Employee Reviews

Canada360 reviews

Found 360 reviews matching the searchSee all 9,604 reviews

It's a fine place to work. Just "fine"

It's an ok place to work and I do like the people I work with. But getting anything done is kinda of painful. They are not very organized and access to resources to do your job efficiently is lack luster

Pros

Relaxed pace

Cons

Poor resource management

Bureaucracy and short sighted goals

I worked for a company that was acquired by Honeywell. When the transition team first came in they told us that we were acquired because of our high margins and efficient processes. In the next 2 years our processes were replaced by the Honeywell standards eroding the once high margins. Senior Management forcing the frontline managers to rate their employees as under preforming, regardless of actual performance. Managers actually told employees that it was your turn to be rated low and next year it will be some one else. This motivated many to leave. Six senior & mid level managers left at one time. Quarterly layoffs became a lottery with people competing for severance packages. A work force of 600 people is barely 200. Sadly We are not the only company that Honeywell has done this to.

Insights into Honeywell

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues

Ambiente de trabajo demandante, estructuras funcionales centralizadas creando silos de trabajo. Demasiados jefes. Sistemas establecidos pero manejados a discrecion. Aprendi que debes explicar las cosas varias veces y escalar desvios a la primera, lo mas dificil es lidiar con departamentos de soporte, no por sus miembros sino por los procesos establecidos, muy burocraticos.

Management very disconnected from staff and have blinkered visions

Don't get me wrong, there are people who have worked here for over 20 years doing the same monotonous task day in day out with no career progression or desire to progress, and if that is your choice then great....But if you are a climber not a flat liner, then Honeywell is probably not for you.There is absolutely no chance of you moving up the corporate chain unless you have read the big book of corporate bull inside and out.... the leadership team as they are called spend so much time looking at ways of stopping things from happening that nothing new actually happens. The work itself is messy and often done without the full level of tools required. There is a heavy expectation of overtime, at least 20% every week.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Boring, overtime expected, bad pay, no career progress

Not a good place to work

Bad management and no support from HR at the Location I worked. It is a toxic environment and when I filed a complaint with HR nothing was done. Contractors working at this site also complained and then HR was trying to find out who it was to get them fired instead of fixing the real problem

Fast pace and stressful

It's a very stressful place to work, lots of overtime, no many opportunities for advancement. Many of the management positions are for USA employees as promotions.

Pros

Free pizza lunches

Cons

Low pay

It was my dream job but Honeywell turned it into a nightmare

Just like I said, dream job but nightmare employer. Maybe other Honeywell locations are different but I don't know. My experience was always a little bumpy due to budget issues.

Pros

It's a job. Good money for my area and trade. Professional atmosphere

Cons

On call 24/7 for 2 years strait despite letters to HR and management. They didn't care

Intern

Lots of training available if you're willing to learn and you're a full-time employee. During your internship, you'll be treated as cheap labour and senior staff aren't willing to teach you more than you need to know to get the tasks done. They mostly look for Technicians so if you have an Engineering degree you may not be able to land a job with them after graduation.

Pros

Free meals, flexible hours

Cons

Not enough training provided, low pay, unskilled work

Relaxed workplace

Relaxed work, onboarding process was good.Company reluctant to do layoffs. The work was interesting. Supportive managers and coworkers. The pay was quite low

Environnement de travaille très respectueux

On apprend à chaque jour avec de défi à relever quotidiennement,je travail pour honeywell depuis maintenant 10 ans et j’ai et j’appreciE chaque jour chaque moment a travailler pour une compagnie qui supporte incroyablement bien c’est employé.

Pros

Travail / famille extraordinaire

Cons

Aucune

Sinking ship

Local team is great unfortunately not many people still around. Managers are out of province and care little about their employees and even less for their customers. Used to be good until restructured a few years back.I suspect this branch will be closed in the near future

Cons

Managers do not care about anyone out of province. Treated like a number not a person .

Poor management, no work life balance, company doesn’t care about staff.

I don’t recommend this company, as no work life balance, company doesn’t care about staff. They blame staff for their own mistakes and you can’t take time off from May to September to time with family.

Pros

Staff

Cons

management from off site unrealistic goals

great place to work ...people were great but because it is a corporation there are very unrealistic goals and requirements by the senior level staff.

Pros

money to be made

Cons

overtime

Good place

Best place to work. a lot of trust was put on the the tech, but they could never keep contacts. If they would get more work I definitely would go back

Great company to work for

Great company to work for. Great people with good knowledge. Lot of exposure to aero projects.Lot of other process overhead which might take up lot of time.

Fostering collaboration and Team work

outstanding team members , creates strong morale and spirit in the team , encourages open communication and feedback within team , supports knowledge sharing with own team and others teams , operates with integrity and trust .....

Pros

one hour paid lunch break

Cons

long hours with over time paid

Good company to work for

Good company to work for. I worked for Honeywell for 33+ years. I enjoyed my time there and I enjoyed the people I worked with. I worked in the business and corporate. Benefits could be a bit better, but they’re not bad. The managers I had all cared about the people who work for them.

Pros

Good people, working hard

Cons

Benefits and pay could be better, male oriented culture

Fun and rewarding job high workload high turnover

High turnover ,no union,poor management at facility management level- overall excellent company just poor HR ie HEAVILY bias toward management. HR policies by Honeywell are excellent when used or not vetoed by upper management

Pros

Excellent company

Cons

Poor HR

Terrible place to work

Expect to work for free.Management micro manage and have no knowledge of any info.Number one priority is making Honeywell money.Expect to work for free.

Pros

Nothing but promises and rainbows

Cons

Working for free

Productive and fun

My managers were the best. I was lucky to work with such nice people. The is the place you will enjoy working so much that it won't feel like work. My managers and coworkers made every day a happy day. I regret not being there.

Pros

Great management

Cons

Pay could be better

Top heavy with management

Top heavy with management - people who love to use acronyms and buzzwords to appear knowledgeable and are generally clueless only looking to springboard to their next position . Rarely will you see a manager in place for longer than 2 - 3 years. Management does not actually make any decisions but are strictly guided by a group of pseudo excellence experts without real world experience. lots of intelligent hardworking people low in the chain of command are the key to any successes

Pros

parking

Cons

management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Honeywell. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement