Honda Management reviews

Found 79 reviews matching the search See all 6,430 reviews
A good fit at the time.
MANUFACTURING PRODUCTION ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON27 February 2019
I was with HCM for 17 years and it is what it is... a fast paced, quality conscious company that expects a lot and pays a lot to its associates.
Lots of holidays, which you'll need to catch up on sleep and recovery.
Shift work gradually erodes your health as time goes on so I would recommend taking advantage of HCMs in-house skills advancements like blueprint reading, NH Circle, quality control courses etc to ensure a better chance when applying to straight days Jobs or at least ones that are off the main production lines...Assembly, Weld, Paint, Stamping. Engine Line etc.
Management tries its best to deal with the on-going concerns of running a large manufacturing facility but their hands are tied on many things they have no real control over.
HCM is not for the faint of heart in any department. It takes hard working, dedicated individuals, who know how to balance work and home with the little time allowed toward the latter.
I'm glad I was in a position to leave 2 years ago and don't miss the shift work.
Pros
steady adequate pay and lots of holidays
Cons
shift work
Animosity towards Technologists from Apprenticed Tradesmen
Maintenance Technologist (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON13 February 2019
The existing apprenticed tradesmen who worked form the production ranks have a serious hate on for Technologists directly entering in maintenance positions. It is nothing short of a poisoned work environment and management is doing nothing to correctly address the situation or the very negative behaviour that is borderline harassing. I suspect that some of the worst of the bunch have deliberately sabotaged work with the intentions of making Technologists looks bad so that the situation would match their false claims and animosity. At the very least there is a very negative undermining of attempts by management to take action to mitigate a looming manning crisis situation due to attrition.

I liked the pay and most of the people, but those very negative few made my experience there one of the worse. I don’t miss them, or the situation they caused, in the slightest. Good riddance.
Pros
pay
Cons
poor management skills
Client Care Specialist/Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 February 2019
this company will make you sit at your desk for 8.5 hours, 1hr unpaid break, no seniority. management does not care about their employees. will make you harass customer just to book an appt for service/sales
Bumper Paint
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON22 January 2019
Pleasant management & co-workers; hands-on with Honda Civic & Honda CRV bumpers & side sills; paid breaks & lunch break; rotation through stations during shift; 5-minute walk from cafeteria
Better than minimum wage; Not a career.
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON16 January 2019
Alot of repetition, got a good understanding of how car vehicles are made, some great people, terrible management, shift work, mandatory overtime, unequal pay, they don’t care for you; you’re just a number.
Not worth applying for
Engine Line Associate (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON30 December 2018
Not a good paying job for what you do . Management lies to you with empty promises . Benefits arent good . 10 years to get full rate pathetic. I wouldn't apply I should have never worked there no gains except better off without working there
Pros
Honda discount
Cons
Too many to list
Amazing place to work
Line Assembler (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON9 December 2018
Have a big drink of water . Get to the line and start lifting. i learned its can be fun to be part of a great team. Management was great. the people were nice to work with. learning new things every day
Pros
The Drive to work
Cons
Lunch time
Great company to work for,
Injections/inspections line worker (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON5 December 2018
Amazing company, great benefits, lots to offer like volunteer programs, incentives for submitting ideas.
You have the opportunity to advance in the company and everyone is treated equally. from management to line worker.
Pros
Bennifits
Cons
contract hire
i'd rather not
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON28 November 2018
i'd rather not enter anything into this box, this is just a waste of time and shouldn't be a requirement to use this service. Boy is this really wasting my time
Production experience begets promotion
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON21 November 2018
Honda is a good place to learn Japanese production best-practices. Management positions tend to go to those who have direct production experience so if you want to get ahead, spend some time on the production floor.
get paid every Friday
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON9 November 2018
Provided me a pay every Friday! fed my family raised my kids and retired 2018

Management Model is the worst I've ever seen. Harass people till they bend your way is how it works. Make you feel like the worst associate that has ever walked in the front door and then show you the good side so you will learn to harass the others in Team leader mode No one wants TL jobs because upper management filters their impossible tasks down the hill. No different than anywhere I guess, its just that at Honda its done with such arrogance.

2 weeks days 2 weeks nites you know a year in advance your schedule
If your goal is to support your family then this is a good job. If your goal is to support your family with some sort of positive experience daily this is not your job.
A factory environment is not for the push over. You will work hard if your on line. Doing the same type of thing over and over again daily requires a strong mind. The opportunity to move around from dept to dept is there if your attendance is good. and why not you get attendance bonuses.
Pros
Its a job that pays every Friday without fail
Cons
Its a management model that runs on bad values
Old school -HR companys back not employee no matter the situation
MC Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON26 September 2018
Supervisors and Managers are not connected to the work of the office personnel. They do not listen to ideas that can benefit the company coming from those who do the job. The Head Office is very old school and are above any reprisals on bad behavior. The HR has their back and if they say inappropriate things or are demeaning, you are the one that would be let go or have a mark on your record. Sit and take it as they hold all the power. The most enjoyable is the one day a week work from home and the cafeteria. Ask anyone fulltime and they will tell you the only reason they stay is the money . I would say quality of life is more important than the dollar they provide.
Pros
One work from home day
Cons
The above the law attitude of Supervisors and Management
good jobs
Cariste (Former Employee) –  Boucherville, QC24 September 2018
company focus on the the team experience
give lots of responsibility to the employe
evening shift
work's whit a order picker
work's whit wms and a rf scanner
Pros
management was really good
Cons
no day shift
professional and safe
line worker (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON4 May 2018
other then my supervisor being a bully who actually caused me to get fired under false accusations, it was a wonderful work environment. i wanted to continue working there
Pros
educational
Cons
that one supervisor
Great place!
Sales and Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 March 2018
Great place to work! Great Management! It was an honor working with Honda West! They are who they say they are! Too bad, I left. If I could return to Honda West, I would honor them any time!
difficult job, hard on body and mind
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ON13 March 2018
Honda was a great place when I first started in 1999 and from 2004 on the company went down hill. The company became more about profits then it did about family and associate.
Pros
wage, vacation
Cons
hours, morale, work load, management
Very good company
Equipment Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON4 February 2018
Very professional team including, management, engineering and maintenance tech members. Good compensation package, salary and benefits. High technology and equipment
I enjoyed it
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON31 January 2018
I was lucky to have bene placed in a great department with excellent colleagues and management. Overall a very encouraging environment where they are always open to and encouraging of the ideas of others.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Long hours and physically draining
honda
Apprentice Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB2 January 2018
Working at honda was ok, but my shop, was disorganized, terrible management, and even worse owners.

technicians were for the most part pretty good to work with but sale, service advisors and techncians are all out to make more than the other, which results in back stabbing and immaturity.

hardest part of the job is meeting ridiculous needs of management and working with very old poor equipment

most enjoyable part was learning when it was taught properly and not interupted
Pros
pay was ok
Cons
bad management and terrible owners.
Well compensated but high expectations
Electrical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON7 November 2017
A typical day at work starts around 6am. It was considered poor work ethic to leave before 4pm. Weekend work was expected.

The management culture felt monolithic, slow and risk averse. I don't blame them since there was no need to take risks. Management felt like they expected the world. Compensation was good but work-life balance was poor. While you could technically work a 40-hour week your reviews and people's view of you would suffer.

Great if you are a type A personality or are super driven.
Pros
Opportunity to learn a lot, exposure to many technical challenges and disciplines
Cons
Long hours, poor support from management.