Honda
Happiness score is 58 out of 100

Working at Honda: Employee Reviews

Canada386 reviews

Found 386 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,960 reviews

It was a very good time while I worked for Honda

It was a very good time while I worked for Honda. Good people, good environment, a lot of accomplishments. Many weekend work. But a lot of satisfaction.

Management replacement

It will be an improvement if management are replace. I hope the owner of tthonda are really taking care of people in here. The owner should care on their staffs. A lot of comebacks are happening too, those advisors doesn’t educated about cars. They are just a wash guy, promoted to be a service advisors. They don’t know how to explain to the customers how the engine and other parts works. Soon the t and t honda will go down. Nothing is special in here, if the management knows how to edcucate advisors it would be nice, so they will know how to handle and correct the problems on the customers.

Pros

Free lunch on sat

Cons

Long hours and busy

Insights into Honda

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Enjoyable place to work

I loved my time at Honda. Had I not moved to Vancouver, I would still be there. I was able to learn about the Japanese culture. I got to work and learn from the Japanese associates. I was able to travel as part of the new model team. I have no regrets of joining Honda in 1987. I wholly recommend working for Honda if you get the chance

Pros

Free lunches. Uniforms supplied and cleaned. No union dues to pay

Cons

Can’t think of any

Everyone is unhappy

Everyone is unhappy and it shows in the lack of care the associates put into their jobs. Management is a joke. Just don’t work here. It’s not worth it. Your body and mind is worth more then Honda will ever consider.

Pros

Some people are cool

Fast paste

Great place to learn sales, long days but the pay is good. If you work hard you will get opportunities to advance. All in all good way to start your sales career.

Don’t believe the hype. Go in with your eyes open.

Unlike the American Honda sites, Honda Canada Manufacturing promotes political aspirations vs cooperative/team-technical talent. This has lead to an archaic management with little interest in your develop unless it can benefit their immediate career ambitions or provide them an opportunity for smug posturing.Instead of strong proven management practices and open communication, HCM relies on outdated cult-like propaganda to motivate.

Pros

The company provides uniforms and the plant has AC

Cons

A lot - all stemming from a weak management base

Great culture

My experience with Honda has all been work from home. Great company culture, lots of opportunity for growth. Always innovating and finding ways to improve processes.

Pros

Great Culture

Cons

Long Hours

Solid company

Good place to work, demanding but fair. Like most jobs, there are good people and some not so great but the opportunity is what you make of it, lots of benefits.

Secure, reliable company with reasonable compensation. Glass ceiling in most departments with unfortunate gender bias.

Standard work hours with some overtime or weekend work expected depending on project.Quickly learn about auto industry.Company does not adapt quickly so change for improvements is challenging.The staff is generally supportive and collaborative, which is encouraged.Management is is quite structured.Possibility of movement within company, this is encouraged. Hiring is both from within and external.A glass ceiling does exist.

Nice place to work at but with slow growth

Nice place to work with. Fast paced environment, with tight deadlines. Collaborative working style. Slow growth, with less than market compensation package.Excellent associate vehicle program

Great

Great place to work with great people all around. Work is easy here with something different to do and lots of bonuses included along the way for the job

Productive and fun place

Great benefits and room to level up. Lots of opportunities with internal hiring. Shift work 2 weeks nights 2 weeks days. Fast pace but great to stay in physical shape.

Pros

Lots of good training. Good facilities.

Cons

Shift work

The best factory job you will ever have.

The first 30 days are the most stressful as you learn the processes, but after that it’s easier than you think it will be. You get lots of training and there is always someone available to help you with your process if you need it. They supply you with 5 uniforms that are constantly dry cleaned for you, so you never have to have your own work clothes. The work environment is always focused on the best ergonomics and safety for you. Saturdays are always paid out as overtime and any time after your regular shift is paid as overtime as well. Overtime is always voluntary.

Pros

Any meals and snacks are deducted off your pay, Overtime is voluntary, Bonuses for being on time for your shift weekly and monthly, Shifts are predictable, Processes are switched several times per shift

Cons

Contract work for 20 months when I was there. I believe the contracts are 40 months now.

You're a human robot for 8-9 hours

Great money, but you're trading your overall well being for money. You will wear yourself out after few years. The people you're working with is the only thing that will keep you sane.

Better like being a salesman

Not much to say it's your typical car dealership environment, but the product you sell is really good and easy to recommend with a clear conscience. It's good if you aim to sell cars for a living

Pros

Can be a good income

Cons

long days with not much to do and you're around car salesman

Great team!

Busy place, great product, multitasking. The level of equipment on the vehicles is getting very technical. Need to dedicate off time to learn technology. Tire season very busy.

Pros

Accommodating, great team.

Cons

Short handed, salary low level bracket of market.

Ok place to work but got to watch your back with employees their longer than uou

Productive work place but have their favorites in employees, no fair quality on the work floor.Was not happy with the way they let me go. I never had my fair say as they believed the workers that were their longer.

Pros

Breaks

Cons

Fast paced not enough time to learn

Very Stressful place to work lack of support for training

Started working there and the first few weeks I sat around doing nothing because they were unprepared and did not have a training process and then the person who was supposed to train me left abruptly before I could get completely trained had to learn everything on my own. No quality support was given to assist me.

Pros

Pay was adequate

Cons

Pressured to work long hours and OT

The pay is in line with most automotive factories

This company will use you up and then be rid of you. Once your body begins to wear out due to the repetitive nature of the work you will simply be terminated. My best advice is go to work every day, and be friends with the right people. Do only that which you must as killing yourself for this company will get you nowhere. Never let them talk you out of claiming a compensation related injury. Being friends with the right people will be my best advice. Keep records and watch your back the closer you get to retirement.

Pros

Earnings

Cons

This company lacks any moral fortitude.

Challenging

Great safe place to work everyone is helpful and informative . It isn’t easy when you start you’ll have to have your wits about you . Take the time to listen to your coworkers most of them have been at the job for quite awhile and they know how to address the job with time and efficient quality. And try to take your time when you rush you’ll make more mistakes in your process, and be on time and try not to miss any days.

Pros

Attendance bonuses, pension

Cons

Swing shift

fantastic place to work

never had a problem there... actually miss the place....management was awesome, always there to help...there wasn't anything hard about my job as an assembler

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Honda. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement