Honda

Honda Employee Reviews

The people i work with are easy to get along with.They will help me with any task i need assistance with.Benefits and wages are good here.Lots of training if you want it.
Pros
lots of incentives
Cons
night shifts
Great salary, lots of overtime available, advancement opportunities, good benefits, nothing really bad I can say about it except it's a typical manufacturing job and the guys there tend to be not so hr friendly, so prepare for that. Otherwise great job.
Pros
Good money, lots of overtime, advancement
Cons
Mandatory overtime occasionally
I enjoyed my time at Honda, my work colleagues were friendly and helpful, and that goes for the management too. The work was varied and interesting and though they had tight deadlines it wasn't too stressful.
Pros
Excellent canteen, good work environment.
Cons
The work hours could be long when there was a job that needed to be done quickly
Was temporary agency contracted by another third party👎 working was just physically strenuous stressful unrealistic you must order pick high up in the sky especially heavy items engine oils and every other parts extremely fast-paced drop off go round back start the race from Lane 1 to 20 moving faster than a machine without mistakes forced operation unsafe they remind you everyday before you start your shift. threaten you with dismissal if you can't keep up with orders of speed productivity accuracy (not safety) 🧐👎typical whitewash slave mentality because only people of color are targeted continuously. while the sleeves Masters look on and make derogatory judgmental comments... Is this the policies of the founder or CEO where is the honor respect and principle that was the company pride?
Pros
Non
Cons
Never get Hired no benefits non pay increase
I worked in zone 15 AF plant 1 and I love and miss it. It was so upbeat and it felt like a family. Always had a good day at work and was never bored.
Pros
Hours
Cons
No enough student openings
good very good i love it to work there work work is good then other work places but even salary was aslo good every one getting good pay there and love it
My experience with Honda Canada was good. Honda Canada acknowledges and recognize good work performance. Local division management is unsupportive and demoralizing to employees.
Pros
Good coworkers, decent wage
Very fast paced. Large workload. Firm deadlines, high pressure to meet deadlines both weekly and monthly. Mandatory overtime is required. Management seems un aware or oblivious to employee struggles.
Pros
Reliable pay check, light traffic, no commute
Cons
High pressure, mandatory overtime required.
favoritism....no hours....one mechanic plans and steals all good jobs. Management does not care for a fair work environment. When you have one guy making 6 figures and the others starving for hours there is something wrong.
Pros
Cons
Dont get paid for some work that the company gives to the customers for free
Working for Honda is great for the experience and for team-collaboration. However, the work environment can be toxic and leave you feeling stressed and unsatisfied with your days work. More often than not, it is difficult to complete your core job in a 8 hour work day forcing you to work overtime regularly just to feel like you've caught up only for the next day's fire-drills to set you back again. Admin positions are under appreciated for the amount of work that comes across their desks. It is clear that management promotions are not done based on qualifications and experience, but rather by who they know. This leaves associates feeling unguided and frustrated. The only redeeming qualities about working for Honda is the very structured days and the uniforms that everyone wears, meaning less costs on wardrobes.
Pros
Structured days, Living Well Facility
Cons
Poor Management
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Honda?
Great experience. Lot to learn and much appreciated for everything Honda as a company did for me. I had to move on and seek other opportunities but I am still great-full for Honda experience.
Tous été super autant que la direction es duonde super gentil
I have an exciting and productive work experience with Honda. Besides, fast paced work they are still managing collaborative and friendly environment
Pros
Free lunch at-least once in a month
Cons
Time bounded targets
Honda was the worst place I’ve ever worked in my life. They don’t care about their employees at all. Days there were so stressful I would often go home and cry and some times be sick from being over worked. They treated women horribly and we were constantly sexually harassed. I wouldn’t wish my worst enemy a job there.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Everything it’s awful
Management consists of a bunch of high school drop outs that think they know how to run the company when they actually do not. The normal people with degrees have been brainwashed by these people which is sad. They have a review system that can keep your career advancement suppressed and is very opinionated. You can help out everyone on your team, do 1000+ overtime hours while helping everyone complete their work; but if you do not deliver even 1 deliverable that you promised they will forget all the good work you have done and destroy you on your review the next year while expecting you to uphold all the good work you did as a 'norm.' This place is very sexist towards males; a female engineer can walk in get everyone else to do her work while being promoted the following year. (No overtime needed) Everything a female does deserves a promotion while the poor people that are actually working hard gets walked all over. They also promoted the wrong people; i had a group leader with 0 knowledge in any electrical or mechanical systems but since he was good at kissing management's a** he got promoted. They have a 'coaching' system that is only meant to protect management and not its associates. They fire people for very stupid reasons. They also think that even if your not at work whatever you do in your free time can also get you potentially fried. Example: coworkers and I went out to dinner I show my friends some bumble matches and someone finds that offensive. The next day instantly fired for being "sexist" which doesn't even make sense. They claim that honda doesn't fire people, - more...
Pros
Cons
Sleeping in your car outside the plant, Taking care of everyone's work not only your own, Toxic environment
Honda Canada is a great place to work, out of all the OE's I have worked for Honda/Acura was the best. I have to say I was lucky in that I had fantastic managers that fully supported the team I was responsible for. I was also blessed with a fantastic bunch of guys that reported to me. Their successes were my success. The area I worked in covered all the products so it was always interesting having to switch gears and jump from Auto to Motorcycles as an example. The Honda philosophy is not for everyone, I found that the way business is conducted is slightly different than other OE's I worked for, this made for interesting conversations with suppliers.
Pros
Great team of people
Cons
I found that the business culture differed from other OE's and norms
Although it's a great place to work the type of work is repetitive which led me to go back to my trade in construction. "Couldnt handle the monotony" Benefits, pension, work culture and the people were great. But must start off contract work in a "hiring pool" with stringent rules for renewal of contrat until there is an oopening of a full time position
As a retired associate I understand some of the concerns former associates had The elimination of the company pension plan is probably the saddest thing the company implemented Your chance of being injured over the years is quite high due to the repetitive work life there. If you plan accordingly you will reap the benefits and enjoy a decent life. Attitude is everything at Honda
Pros
Decent Future
Cons
Management Skill set
I’ve been at Honda 21 years and only wish I had started sooner. The money is great, the overtime is there for the taking and advancement if you’re willing to work for it.
Pros
Great people, benefits, bonuses
Cons
2 to 3 shifts
When I first started at Honda I really liked it. I was learning so much and I knew NOTHING about cars when I started. I lived in Barrie and the drive was okay with me for a long time (30-40 minutes depending on the day). I disliked the mandatory Saturdays. and also mandatory 9 hour shifts on afternoons. Shifts go 6:30am-3pm and 4:30pm-1am (2am on 9 hours) with a 2 week rotation. I moved to Guelph and the drive to Honda tripled. I felt like I had no time to myself and started calling into work a lot more often. after I hit the 6 month mark of working there, I felt like I wasn't moving forward anymore and everyday felt very very repetitive. If you're willing to do the drive or live close this is an amazing place to work.
Pros
Fridges, Cafeteria, 2 Weeks off on Christmas, and 1 Week off in July.
Cons
Mandatory Saturdays and 9 Hour afternoon shifts.
underpaid for the amount of work that they ask you do to. They dont do reviews and wages like they say they will. Staff is competitive and like to talk about each other
  1. Employee reviews