Honda Employee Reviews

Found 275 reviews matching the search See all 6,430 reviews
Factory work is factory work, not much else to say
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  New Tecumseth, ON12 April 2019
Not much to say. Work on a line chasing cars for 8 hours and trying to find ways to make the minutes go by faster. Not the greatest place for a female to be working.
A company like family
MIDDLEWARE CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON8 April 2019
Honda is not a IT-focused company. So I can not comment it as a whole from point of view of an IT guy. It is a kind company as I can tell, provides lots of small surprise to the employees from time to time.
Nice place
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON4 April 2019
Nice place. Good atmosphere. Can get hard to do rotating shifts but once you get use to it after a while it becomes easy enough to do over and over. A lot of people there have been doing it for years.
Great Company
Automotive Surfacer Inspector (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON4 April 2019
This is a good company to be working for with the name alone.
The people there are mostly friendly, some will come as strange but most are great and cooperative.
Management can be tough but it should be expected.
Enviroment and Culture is strong as everyone is forced to wear uniforms and work overtime, it can be tiring at times.
Location, work times and physical strain were the toughest part in my opinion but if you can manage that, it should be very good work.
Overall, Great Experince. No Regrets.
Pros
Great Company Name, Good Benefits
Cons
Tight Schudule
work culture & environment is pleasant
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region12 March 2019
The culture of the company is patterned with the mother company in Tokyo Japan. Work environment, teamwork, vertical & horizontal communication is good.
Pros
job satisfaction and career advancement opportunities
Cons
unionized
Challenging but opportunities abundant
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON6 March 2019
I've worked at, for and with Honda for 30 years. I had many great experiences and opportunities. It is a very fast paced and challenging environment that is not suited for thin skinned people.
Pros
opportunities, security, clean and safe workplace
A good fit at the time.
MANUFACTURING PRODUCTION ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON27 February 2019
I was with HCM for 17 years and it is what it is... a fast paced, quality conscious company that expects a lot and pays a lot to its associates.
Lots of holidays, which you'll need to catch up on sleep and recovery.
Shift work gradually erodes your health as time goes on so I would recommend taking advantage of HCMs in-house skills advancements like blueprint reading, NH Circle, quality control courses etc to ensure a better chance when applying to straight days Jobs or at least ones that are off the main production lines...Assembly, Weld, Paint, Stamping. Engine Line etc.
Management tries its best to deal with the on-going concerns of running a large manufacturing facility but their hands are tied on many things they have no real control over.
HCM is not for the faint of heart in any department. It takes hard working, dedicated individuals, who know how to balance work and home with the little time allowed toward the latter.
I'm glad I was in a position to leave 2 years ago and don't miss the shift work.
Pros
steady adequate pay and lots of holidays
Cons
shift work
Honda
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ON26 February 2019
shift work is hard on the body but provides excellent on the job training of all processes, and you have the ability to transfer to different zones to gain more experience.
A good start for my career
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON25 February 2019
Working here was a great place to start my career! The pay wasn't great but I gained a lot of experience quickly, and was given lots of opportunities to increase my skills.
great place to work no security of employment
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON19 February 2019
great place to work no security of employment.
over time after 35 hours
Animosity towards Technologists from Apprenticed Tradesmen
Maintenance Technologist (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON13 February 2019
The existing apprenticed tradesmen who worked form the production ranks have a serious hate on for Technologists directly entering in maintenance positions. It is nothing short of a poisoned work environment and management is doing nothing to correctly address the situation or the very negative behaviour that is borderline harassing. I suspect that some of the worst of the bunch have deliberately sabotaged work with the intentions of making Technologists looks bad so that the situation would match their false claims and animosity. At the very least there is a very negative undermining of attempts by management to take action to mitigate a looming manning crisis situation due to attrition.

I liked the pay and most of the people, but those very negative few made my experience there one of the worse. I don’t miss them, or the situation they caused, in the slightest. Good riddance.
Pros
pay
Cons
poor management skills
Client Care Specialist/Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 February 2019
this company will make you sit at your desk for 8.5 hours, 1hr unpaid break, no seniority. management does not care about their employees. will make you harass customer just to book an appt for service/sales
Great company to for
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON10 February 2019
Great company to work for but very hard to get permanent position. Company treats all employees equally whether they are in a contract position or permanent position.
I am being forced to participate.
erelevant (Current Employee) –  erelevant3 February 2019
I should not be force into participating in this. I would prefer to opt out. This is not working for me. I am not sure how this is helping my career search.
awesome place
Technicien en esthetique automobile (Former Employee) –  Blainville, QC23 January 2019
i only have good things to say about this place . team is good manager are fun . salary is not bad like i ve seen worst
2 weeks vacancy . good insurance
Bumper Paint
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON22 January 2019
Pleasant management & co-workers; hands-on with Honda Civic & Honda CRV bumpers & side sills; paid breaks & lunch break; rotation through stations during shift; 5-minute walk from cafeteria
Better than minimum wage; Not a career.
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON16 January 2019
Alot of repetition, got a good understanding of how car vehicles are made, some great people, terrible management, shift work, mandatory overtime, unequal pay, they don’t care for you; you’re just a number.
Great company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Honda Canada Inc16 January 2019
It's a very friendly work environment but there is not much of a job security. Most of the employee is on contact its very difficult to get permanent.
Pros
Product discount benefit
Cons
most employee is on contract
Assembly Line
Production Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON8 January 2019
Working for Honda is rewarding but its physically and mentally exhausting. The hours are consistent, pay is good and benefits help a lot. The provided cafeteria is a nice benefit too.
Awesome experience
Service Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 January 2019
I was a part time and it was a fun experience while it lasted. You gain knowledge on vehicles and are able to help other customers with basic knowledge. It is a very diverse company; every one is awesome!