Honda Canada MFG

Honda Canada MFG Employee Reviews

Featured review
Honda Canada MFG selected this as a representative review
The definition of a great company to work for is evident by their being able to comment on these reviews (good or bad). I've read a lot of reviews and didn't see a single comment by HCM. Should take that as a warning to new hopefuls. I worked at HCM for 10 years and gladly took the buyout in 2009. There was a whole A B C class employee thing at the time. The A classed employees were not allowed to take the buyout. That rubbed a lot of people the wrong way and turned those "A" class employees into disgruntled ones. The "associates" they wanted to get rid of didn't take the bait for the most part and they ended losing a lot of great people. I hear from friends there from time to time and it seems nothing has changed for the most part. Those of us that left were not allowed to return (for some reason). Not that I would have, I've become much more advanced in my trade (Industrial Electrician) and now have now have two other notches under my belt. Construction/Maintenance Electrician and Master. I own my own company and things are fantastic. Can't say I ever would have gotten here if I'd stayed in Alliston.
Pros
Great people/friends
Cons
Difficult work/life balance
Overall, I truly enjoyed working with Honda. The benefits are great, the people I worked with were amazing and very helpful. They made my time there worth every second. I made life-long friendships and was able to enjoy going to work every day. I would definitely recommend working there to anyone I know. Only con I can think of is the shift work, but that comes with most jobs now!
Pros
Great people, cafe, lots of overtime opportunities
Cons
shift work
Everyone working there was a well mannered and supportive person. As i started they helped alot in settling there and also supporting me in every step.
Pros
Cheap food.
Cons
weekends work was hard.
If you heart your self there you are done start looking for new job because thay will force you outThere are lite duty jobs but there are all contract so the full time people don’t have lite duty jobs and contracts don’t eather so you can’t do lite work for them to recover maybe
Pros
Money
Cons
Have to work all over time if not your not in the loop
Not a good place to work in. It is just hard labor. No one growing. They want you to work like ghee robots. If you have no future no education no hope then join.
Most people are really good to work with. Workplace environment is good. Fast paced, overtime mandatory. Benefits and wages reasonable and has a defined contribution pension plan.
Pros
Descent Benefits & Wages
Cons
Weekend work
I have enjoyed my time working in a workplace, that doesn't put pressure on you. Do your work accordingly and there is also collaboration with work staff.
Pros
Hours of work are divided perfectly, so as not to be overworked.
Cons
Getting work done, can be challenging at times
Great company to appear on your resume. Production associates are good and the benefits as a contract is okay. Production associates are good as well. My team leader was great and he really deserved to be on his position. However, the experience of being a worker is not so great. Work is very repetitive although you rotate every couple hours. I suggest learning more than 5 processes. The culture of the company is “plan your life according to the business needs”. You don’t get to have paid time off like the regular associates. Rotating shifts. Production Saturday’s are mandatory.
Hard job, fast paced, stressful at times. Proud to work for hondaBenefits decentPay is decentTo much overtimeFree safety boots and uniforms If u can make it past the first 3 months youre good Honda civics are one of the best cars
Pros
Guaranteed job
Cons
Long hours hard to balance family and work
It doesn't help that they will not hire contract personal, to much of a turn over and have to quite agencies for a least six months to be even recommended to get an interview
Cons
Only thing that needs to be said about this place is that it is like you are in a high school with individuals aged 18-65 years old and the environment is absolutely toxic. If you are a contract you get treated like a peice of dirt and if you are a femal watch out you will get sexually harassed by men as old as your father.
Pros
Getting a different job
Cons
Honda
Had a nice zone with loads of great characters every one was more then willing to help you learn or make jokes with you zone leaders would help you if you needed a break when ever it was needed
The only downfall working for HMC is the shift work, if your mind and body can coordinate with handling shift rotations, then your okay! A a a a a a a
Pros
Many
Cons
Shift work
The job varies greatly depending on the department. Good pay and benefits. There is usually lots of paid overtime available, and fairly good management. Sometimes there can be too much emphasis on "green dot" activity, where people are simply trying to please their managers and are not doing productive work that has a real impact. Engineering Development Program (EDP) is a bit disorganized however it is improving. One feature of the job that is odd is that as an engineer your title is simply "Admin Tech 3", and there is essentially no added pay for the educational background you have. Someone with P. Eng. will work alongside an associate with a high school education in an equipment group at the same pay and job title. Very common for engineers to leave after 4-5 years because the pay has a fairly low ceiling for a professional. Honda is not flexible on salary whatsoever so if you get a higher salary offer elsewhere they make no attempt to match it. I've heard that engineering staff has about a 10% attrition rate, however it seems to be increasing because new Defined Contribution plan eliminates most incentives to stay if another company offers better pay. I would recommend they develop a new position for Engineers with a title like "Engineering Specialist" that offers a higher pay grade recognizing their qualifications.
- I was harassed and faced multiple racist and sexist incidents at this company. This company is full of bigots and prejudice. The work environment is horrible. Do not work there until you absolutely have to especially if you are a BIPOC or a woman. - the management team is horrific. All they care about is their status and climbing up the ladder even if they have to lie, throw you under the bus, or claim your work as theirs.
They will ease you in, but if you make mistakes they will find any possible way to make yours and only your fault. Don’t call in, you’ll get in trouble if you go over your 3 days, even if you have a note. Money is good but that’s about it, hard to progress career wise. They’ll move you around at their will. Poor wage progression, and terrible vacation day privileges.
There are lots of opportunities it’s up to you.The work can be very demanding on your body and repetitive.Management are now lacking production skills and there’s to many for what is needed.I feel I was respected and got along with everyone.
You do the same thing every day. It gets really boring really fast. The days are long, and I did not really like shift work. It was hard on the body. You would get used to days and then would have to switch back to afternoons for two weeks. It was two weeks days and two weeks afternoons. I learned a lot of things about cars, and how to put things on them.
fast paced sore after work- they give you yoga to help ease into the transition good environment- talkative people, sometimes it gets boring Good pay
Worked at honda as a student! Great way to get cash quick for post secondary. I have worked there for 2 Summers, and I highly recommend. Main con is shift work and very repetitive process.
Was an average place to work. The balance between family life and work was a bit tough with the shift work and the overtime. Their willingness to work with employees going through personal issues is a bit lacking.
  1. Employee reviews