Honda Canada MFG
Happiness score is 54 out of 100

Honda Canada MFG Employee Reviews

Canada96 reviews

Not a fun environment

Lots of clicks still there after all these year. Who you know mentality still exists.It is a job but the fun work environment does not exist anymore. They need to re invent their work environment.

Good place to work as a summer student.

There are 3 breaks during the day (two 15min short breaks, and one lunch which is 30 min).Sometimes in the stamping department, they keep running through lunch and have some workers have a delayed lunch.Shift works are possible depending on the department.

Insights into Honda Canada MFG

Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Energizing work tasks

Racism is rampant. Plus coworkers bully you for no reason.

Worst position. Makes minimum wage never gets hired on. Don't waste your time here. You are nothing to them. Honda is atrocious in that the work process involves a lot of malfunctioning parts that you need to put on within a very short amount of time. This is extremely bad for the person's mental health as it is stress inducing.

Pros

None.

Cons

Very fast paced. Workplace bully. Since you are working with a team ....

Good work environment

Good people, nice work environment I liked the location and the management. Work wasn’t too hard just a sales job kind of stress other than that though it’s a good place

Terrible place to work

Awful management, pick and choose who they like and don’t. Everyone is miserable and just not a fun environment to work in what’s so ever. Would not recommend a job here.

Solid company , would recommend

Would’ve stayed longer if it wasn’t because of the rotating shifts. But it’s a solid company to work for I had no regrets . If you want to work for a well renown auto company and given all the tool required to do your job effectively then this is the place

Pros

Employee incentives

Cons

Shifts

good job to work if you have nothing else

Honda is slowly doing better after covid but is currently in a huge employee struggle causing us to be required to do two jobs (that require a minute to do typically) at shorter speed. Management also expects you to take tones of overtime or you get guilted or shamed

Pros

overtime, lots of work, easy but tough jobs

Cons

Horrendous on your body, no time for your life only work

Great job for job security and work life balance

Honda is truly a great job. Home every single day. Paid fairly for what you’re doing. Lots of OT if you want it. Many opportunities to move into all kinds of different positions as they always hire within. Incredible job security. Even through these tough Covid times they never lay off and always allow you to get your 40 hours even if they arnt running.

Pros

Job security, work life balance, career opportunities, friendly employees, great work boot allowance, lots of vacation time, Great benefits and pension.

Cons

Rotating shifts, pay scale

Is a nice place to work.

Many opportunities if you are ready to take the challenge. Great benefits and structure environmental. A collaborative mindset work and a good pay rate to start.

Hard work with plenty of opportunities

Working on line at Honda is a tough job but if you don’t have a degree or red seal this is pretty much the best opportunity that will come your way. It takes 2 years to get perm and 8 years of perm to get 35 an hour.Plenty of overtime and opportunities for driven individuals.

be warned..

Terrible harassment if you’re female. Lots of no production time. Management is terrible and will put you down to make themselves better. Lots of drama and fights

Contract position

Shift work can be a challenge at times. Ok place to work, pay could be better, coworkers mostly good. I had a terrible Team Leader, only cared about moving up and had no concern about employees. Micro managed certain people and didn’t care about anyones well being but themself. Do not get injured or complain or you will be out of a job. Contract associates are just a number there.

Pros

Most coworkers are good

Cons

Poorly run Management/Team Leader

If your looking to become a robot

It’s just a negative place, there’s no work home balance the pay structure is horrible. That place is running like it’s still in the early 90’s, corporate and management think that Honda is still a great place to work when in Reality it’s just a regular job.

Pros

Bonuses

Cons

No control over you own life in a Sense

Keep looking

Compensation at the bottom level of the industry. No work life balance and continuously getting more lean and efficient which means more burden on the backs of people that can’t afford to live off the pay

It’s ok

I wouldn’t recommend Honda to anyone who has a family. they cancel shifts with 6 hours notice citing a part shortage weekly. They do offer Team achievement bonuses and both a summer and winter shut down. Weld is the ideal department to work in, in my opinion.

Honestly, it's a horrible place to work

Stay away. I have watched over a dozen people in my area quit within a month plus more after that. Unless you are desperate for money, do something productive with your life and look elsewhere. I gave them 2 stars because some coworkers are decent and honest people that you can get along with. If you suffer from mental health issues, this place will make it substantially worse as I have seen in others, unfortunately. They'll hire anybody because they're beyond desperate for people, no joke.

Pros

The pay, benefits, uniforms & some co-workers.

Cons

Contract after contract, extremely long weeks, mandatory overtime, high turnover rate amongst staff & only 3 vacation days.

its not that great

very repetitive work, will break down your body if you keep working here, i have trigger finger on my right index hand because of using the drills over and over..

Pros

coworkers nice

Cons

not good

is okay work is work. better than working at a fast-food restaurant.

it is an okay job. if you need money for college is good to work.people are mostly nice but it depends on which team you're in. some team leaders are so nice to work with.

Pros

good coworkers. easy job.

Cons

repetitive work. could take years to be full-time.

It was like high school.. if you don’t CLICK you won’t mix.

Online assembly is fast paced, and meticulous My TL was a unpleasant all the time but the sub leader was awesome As a contract worker you are viewed as lesser by the full time employees until you give 110% then you are seen as a kiss up by the same ppl. Dealing with my TL and his lack of faith in my abilities.Learning assembly line quality and precision, working in the team environment

Pros

Good people, decent pay

Cons

Shift work sucks

Harsh .. Not a beginners job for mature workers

Painful for an older workers to get used to the physical demands of line work. Too much bending and contortion of your body results in aches and pains .. moving all day, 8 hours standing.

Pros

inside work

Cons

too many to list

Taxing on body and very dull mind-numbing work

This job was NOT for me. My team leader was always in a bad mood and made me feel bad for making mistakes or needing help. I enjoyed some of the people I worked with which is why it was a bit of a road block for me to leave the job.

Pros

Great benefits and pension

Cons

Hard on body, always part shortages (making for short shifts), poor T/L management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Honda Canada MFG. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement