Homewood Suites by Hilton Employee Reviews

Found 37 reviews matching the search See all 1,012 reviews
Ok place to work
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON6 May 2019
No room for growth.. Gm just think a she dose her job.. HR. Young and rude poor at job. Housekeeping leak to keep them and most housekeeper never show up.
Pros
No room to grow
Cons
It a job pays bills
Memorable and Fun
Banquet Porter and Public Area Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON22 April 2019
Amazing experience here at Homewood. Management is very caring and considerate. Good memories. Very accommodating and will do the best they can to work with you.
Most horrible work place
Former housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Hamilton on20 March 2019
I GOT BEAT UP at work physically attacked by someone they hired and knew was not mentally right. But yet I GOT FIRED. I never threw the first punch I never once hit her back an yet I still GOT FIRED The management didn’t care at all and they were just trying to cover, for hiring a clinically insane person who has attcked someone on company property. Overall this was my first and absolutely worst work inviorment I will ever experience.
Pros
There is none
Cons
Rude manigment
One of the worst run hotels
Housekeeping Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON30 January 2019
Management afraid of the owners .Constant budget cuts.If you're not one of the supervisors pets they treat you like garbage.They do not appreciate customer friendly workers all they care about is covering their backs.Benefitscare a joke.Unqualified managers who don't know Ottawa.They tell everyone to keep quiet.
Pros
Parking and leftovers
Cons
Horrible schedul.backstabbing.no accountability .No fairness.
Productive/Tiredsome job
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON16 December 2018
Most of the times You're working on your own in a timely manner. All the other room attendants have there fair share to do while the every occupancy and checkout room gets cleaned. You're required to have the set number of rooms (approx 12-16 rooms somtimes more) completed by the end of your 8hr shift. Otherwise the pressure coming from the supervisors are unbearable sometimes especially if you sont have other staffs thats willing to help.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Rude and miserable staffs
Worst work environment I've been in.
MAINTENANCE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 November 2018
Be prepared to have everyday be an absolute disaster. Not one day went by where you thought it was a good day, everyday was crazy. Management/owners run the place like their personal clubhouse.
Productive, enjoyable, hardwork
Casual Employee (Former Employee) –  London, ON17 October 2018
Wonderful place to work. Friendly coworkers. Clean and safe work environment. A very people person job. Large variety of ethnic cultures within the work place.
early mornings and scary managers
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 September 2018
I only worked weekends and being told that you aren't allowed to take a day off because you only work weekends is the reason I quit. I was a full time student as well as working 40 hour weeks.
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
early mornings, constantly under staffed
night full of fun
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 June 2018
As i mentioned above, I was the night Auditor at Hilton's property which is near the airport. One day it was very windy and because of that all the flights got delay, so there was a sudden rush at the hotel and apparently the hotel was all most full, so instead of allocating rooms or saying no to the guest, which may give an negative impact about the brand and thinking about the goodwill of the Hotel, I decided to send them or to accommodate there stay with some other hotels nearby, because that can help my property to maintain my goodwill among the guest by arranging them a place to live, though our rooms are full, as well as it helps the hotel to maintain the relationship with other properties.
Pros
lose bussiness
Cons
built relationship
Fun atmosphere and great managers
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON10 May 2018
I really enjoyed working here. A bit stressful at times but had a lot of fun, met interesting people and had excellent staff and managers to work with. Would highly recommend working here to anyone.
Pros
Free food and coffee and a fun atmosphere
Cons
Stressful moments of having way too much to do at once
Homewood suites
Public area (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON1 March 2018
Good environment, work load was not heavy, employees are professional and care about your well being, and hours are flexible which is good since I am a full time student.
great work environment
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 January 2018
Management needs some work as favoritism was a factor towards certain females. However, overall, great atmosphere, excellent people to work with and such a joy meeting and greeting people of all walks of life while working at front desk.
Pros
amazing coworkers
Cons
unprofessional management
Easy Job
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON18 January 2018
work is simple and easy. the management is lenient. working environment is safe and sound. but the downside is there are no security guard employed at the hotel
Awesome Front Office Manager!
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 November 2017
Hardest part of the jobs is the fact that you have to stand for 8 hours.
Busiest time of the year is during summer!! You would make you want to quit..
good working place
House Person (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 November 2017
very good company to work for very good environment every one is good to get along with. we get along well with all the guest that checks in into the hotel
Pros
free food
Cons
very tiring some times
great place to work
House Person (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON28 August 2017
friendly and helpful staff
guests are number one priority
Shuttle driving was a joy. Interacting with the variety of guests.
Giving mini tours of our fair city.
Pros
free dinner
Cons
late hours when buses aren't running. had to cab home
Day to Day
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON22 August 2017
Currently working as a Room Attendant at Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlington is generally busy it is a fast paced workplace. We get between 12-21 rooms to do a day depending on the staffing. I never imagined working in a hotel and how much they have to clean when someone lives or check outs of the hotel room. Management here is alright, personally I believe that they need to improve on their management. The workplace culture is evened, the only problem I have is that if your a different nationality you shouldn't be speaking it around someone else whom doesn't speak it. (usually was the management speaking another language right in front of their employee) The hardest part of the job was keeping up on making sure that all the rooms on your list were completed by the end of your shift. Enjoyable part of the job would be meeting new people from all over the world visiting Ontario.
Pros
Employee of the month, team meetings, and staff parties
Cons
long hours, messy rooms, and sometimes not understanding your boss
The worst
Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  London, ON17 May 2017
Toxic work environment, little to no training. Will make workers do unsafe and illegal work.
Have you on call and not pay appropriately
Are all hotels like this?
Not Happy with the management
HOTEL NIGHT AUDITOR (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 May 2017
No raise in salary from last 1.5 yrs.
Management not good.
no appreciation for your good work.
No over time paid.
No appraisal from last 1.5 yrs.
you have to handle alone in the night.All problems related to guest related to system.
you are manager on duty in the night. If any complaints from the guest manager doesn't listen to us just be rude always.
Pros
Na
Cons
No appraisal no appreciation from the management
Night Manager / Auditor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 April 2017
Start my day with checking notes and emails

Check in and check out guests

Help clients with any complains or questions

Help management with any questions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Homewood Suites by Hilton. Our community is ready to answer.