Homewood Suites by Hilton Employee Reviews

night full of fun
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 June 2018
As i mentioned above, I was the night Auditor at Hilton's property which is near the airport. One day it was very windy and because of that all the flights got delay, so there was a sudden rush at the hotel and apparently the hotel was all most full, so instead of allocating rooms or saying no to the guest, which may give an negative impact about the brand and thinking about the goodwill of the Hotel, I decided to send them or to accommodate there stay with some other hotels nearby, because that can help my property to maintain my goodwill among the guest by arranging them a place to live, though our rooms are full, as well as it helps the hotel to maintain the relationship with other properties.
Pros
lose bussiness
Cons
built relationship
Homewood suites
Public area (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON1 March 2018
Good environment, work load was not heavy, employees are professional and care about your well being, and hours are flexible which is good since I am a full time student.
great work environment
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 January 2018
Management needs some work as favoritism was a factor towards certain females. However, overall, great atmosphere, excellent people to work with and such a joy meeting and greeting people of all walks of life while working at front desk.
Pros
amazing coworkers
Cons
unprofessional management
Easy Job
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON18 January 2018
work is simple and easy. the management is lenient. working environment is safe and sound. but the downside is there are no security guard employed at the hotel
Awesome Front Office Manager!
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 November 2017
Hardest part of the jobs is the fact that you have to stand for 8 hours.
Busiest time of the year is during summer!! You would make you want to quit..
good working place
House Person (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 November 2017
very good company to work for very good environment every one is good to get along with. we get along well with all the guest that checks in into the hotel
Pros
free food
Cons
very tiring some times
great place to work
House Person (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON28 August 2017
friendly and helpful staff
guests are number one priority
Shuttle driving was a joy. Interacting with the variety of guests.
Giving mini tours of our fair city.
Pros
free dinner
Cons
late hours when buses aren't running. had to cab home
Day to Day
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON22 August 2017
Currently working as a Room Attendant at Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlington is generally busy it is a fast paced workplace. We get between 12-21 rooms to do a day depending on the staffing. I never imagined working in a hotel and how much they have to clean when someone lives or check outs of the hotel room. Management here is alright, personally I believe that they need to improve on their management. The workplace culture is evened, the only problem I have is that if your a different nationality you shouldn't be speaking it around someone else whom doesn't speak it. (usually was the management speaking another language right in front of their employee) The hardest part of the job was keeping up on making sure that all the rooms on your list were completed by the end of your shift. Enjoyable part of the job would be meeting new people from all over the world visiting Ontario.
Pros
Employee of the month, team meetings, and staff parties
Cons
long hours, messy rooms, and sometimes not understanding your boss
The worst
Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  London, ON17 May 2017
Toxic work environment, little to no training. Will make workers do unsafe and illegal work.
Have you on call and not pay appropriately
Are all hotels like this?
Not Happy with the management
HOTEL NIGHT AUDITOR (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 May 2017
No raise in salary from last 1.5 yrs.
Management not good.
no appreciation for your good work.
No over time paid.
No appraisal from last 1.5 yrs.
you have to handle alone in the night.All problems related to guest related to system.
you are manager on duty in the night. If any complaints from the guest manager doesn't listen to us just be rude always.
Pros
Na
Cons
No appraisal no appreciation from the management
Night Manager / Auditor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 April 2017
Start my day with checking notes and emails

Check in and check out guests

Help clients with any complains or questions

Help management with any questions
Stressful and Poor Management
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS22 March 2017
During my time here the management was difficult and at times unprofessional. As a brand new property only few staff members had previous experience with Hilton. This previous experience was under utilized by the management to the best of their ability.
Pros
Best pay in Halifax
Cons
No staff parking
Great Job
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON23 January 2017
Great job for a start up agent entering the field of hospitality
Job allows you to work one on one with upper management to get to a higher level in the field of Hospitality
Pros
Small Hotel
Cons
Small HOtel
Work place below grade
Housekeeping Attendant (Weekend Supervisor) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 January 2017
I like the people I work with. Housekeepers eat separately but expected to generate sales. Not too many stick around for long.
Pros
proximity
Cons
workload
great place
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON20 December 2016
worked there for a couple of days and I enjoyed being in an environment full of kind professionals willing to guide me through the hotel and trainging period
Pros
great staff
Cons
distance
Productive, fun workplace
House Keeping (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS28 November 2016
It was a wonderful place to work, I learned a lot and was able to broaden my skills. There was wonderful staff and management. I enjoyed every minute with this company.
Great place to work, great staff and management
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS25 November 2016
My time at Homewood suits has been a great learning experience and a fulfilling one. I was able to hone in and perfect my knowledge if housekeeping through the leadership of an amazing lineup of supervisors and managers. Great place to work
An "OK" place to work
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 September 2016
I was only at Homewood Suites for 3 months. After the 3 month probation they let me go due to mistakes I was making which is understandable. But what I didn't understand is that they did not explain to me how to fix the mistakes I was making. I found it really stressful when they did not help.
Not a fun work place to work
HOTEL NIGHT AUDITOR (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 July 2016
No professional way of standards.

Poor Management

No breaks in nights for the auditors.

In nights completely depended on the shuttle drivers and front desk auditors to run the business of the hotel.

No safety in nights( E.g.: Fire )

no over time paid after your shift if you wait.

Salary on hourly basis is less.
Great place to get you wonderful experience with a great team
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  5515 Eglington Avenue west16 May 2016
I am still employed with Homewood Suites and it is a very busy job but a lot of fun still comes out of your day. A typical day besides meeting hundreds of new people on the daily would be many office tasks that are handed too you. My co-workers are wonderful and I wish I could take them with me wherever I go in life. I have learned a lot about the hotel industry and have no regrets with taking on the role. Unfortunately due to it being a 24/7 business you don't have a set schedule and miss out on many important family events such as New Years, Christmas and Easter even if you are a full time front desk agent, of course management does the best they can but taking on the role you need to be open to working these important holidays. If I could have a Monday- Friday position full time this would be the place I would LOVE to stay for a long time. My connection with all the staff as well as regular guests have become very strong my work is my second home just like it is for most of our guests and I would recommend a stay at Homewood Suites to ANYONE. One thing going into this type of industry you need to have would definitely be an open mind, hard work ethic and a friendly personality.
Pros
Lots of Laughs and learning
Cons
No set schedule, weekend and evening work are mandatory