Homewood Suites by Hilton

Homewood Suites by Hilton Employee Reviews

Canada53 reviews
You definitely have to have excellent multi-tasking skills to work here. A very fast-paced work environment but fun and helpful team to work with. Definitely teaches you how to communicate better and how to make people happy.
Is always the same, $14 a hour. You can work there for 10 years the you will get the same salary, really disappointing because you have to work really hard every day
Expected to work 10-14 hrs a day, did not care about childcare etc. No motivation for staff to do any extra and everything falls back on middle management.
Great place to work if you are always in the go. The only thing I didn't like was that your suppose to get paid by the hour however for the hour you have to clean 2 rooms to get the hour. 16 rooms to get your full 8 hours.the older workers fight the newer ones.
It wasnt to bad if you like no life trying to get time off was rediculous and almost impossible...Inless someone quits theres no room for advancement. (The job we do at any hotel doesnt pay enough to be honest).But the girls I worked with there were AMAZING and made me enjoy my job.
I lasted about 2.5 months which to me was far too long. Literally from the day I started I was treated poorly by the staff which forced me to walk out. On numerous occasions I was spoken to in a condescending manner, I was taken advantage of, I experienced racism and had a member of the custodian staff try to bully me and intimidate me. A lot of them are miserable and take their anger out on others.
Cons
Poor management
Able to feel comfortable and relaxed while working in this environment. The hours and schedules are flexible and able to accommodate to everyones needs.
Pros
free food while in shift
Cons
early hours
Great hotel to work for..work at your own pace odd days where rooms need to be clean we work faster to get it done.. our manager is very understanding
Minimum wage. No real benefits. Zero job security. Will overstaff your position and give you all like 2 shifts a week. High turn over for a reason.

Luckily I found a new job, but you'd be better off and less stressed on welfare.
Friendly staff but a very demanding job. Full-time hours not guaranteed despite assurance from management upon employment. A very customer-oriented working environment with the main goal of pleasing and exceeding guest expectations.
The work environment was okay. Only if other higher position employee wasn’t trying to be involved with your personal life, communication would be better.
Excellent work place with friendly staff. Clean hotel with security of all the staff and guests. right wages with a lot of games for staffs. Nice learning environment
Pros
free coffee
I worked there for five years approximately I had a great experience people were friendly management was very compassionate to the employees a great place to work
I do not recommend! it a colonoscopy would be more enjoyable. Unless you like working under a dictatorship.There's a very high turn over of staff, constantly belittled no matter how hard you work. Quite possibly the worst job I've ever had. It would be almost tolerable if they paid more than MINIMUM WAGE.!!!!!
This is a fun place to work with and I respect everyone equally
Management maintains an orderly and efficient system.
Les journées se suivent mais ne se ressemblent pas au Hilton de Mont-Tremblant. Vu l'achalandage extrêmement élevé en saison, j'y ai appris à gérer un un énorme volume d'appel ainsi qu'un flot continu de client tout en gardant mon calme et une attitude positive axée sur la satisfaction du client. La philosophie de l'entreprise est axée sur l'expérience client et on nous a appris à aller au devant des demandes et besoins du client. J'ai beaucoup apprécié la bonne communication entre les divers groupes de travail (réception, maintenance, housekeeping).
Pros
Rabais pour le ski et les boutiques sur le resort
Cons
peu de chances d'avancement
good place to learn front desk job
good hours

management problems

not much benefits

not many long shifts

must learn on ypur own

helps to know everything
No room for growth.. Gm just think a she dose her job.. HR. Young and rude poor at job. Housekeeping leak to keep them and most housekeeper never show up.
Pros
No room to grow
Cons
It a job pays bills
Amazing experience here at Homewood. Management is very caring and considerate. Good memories. Very accommodating and will do the best they can to work with you.
Management afraid of the owners .Constant budget cuts.If you're not one of the supervisors pets they treat you like garbage.They do not appreciate customer friendly workers all they care about is covering their backs.Benefitscare a joke.Unqualified managers who don't know Ottawa.They tell everyone to keep quiet.
Pros
Parking and leftovers
Cons
Horrible schedul.backstabbing.no accountability .No fairness.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Homewood Suites by Hilton. Our community is ready to answer.