Homewood Health
Homewood Health Employee Review

wonderful team and great employer

17 March 2021
I joined in April 2020, just at the onset of the pandemic. I've been working from home since my first day. I love working for this company and I would recommend this to anyone. My manager is supportive and I'm lucky to have a wonderful team.
5.0Job security/advancement
Pros
work from home, saves fuel and time
Cons
nothing
1 January 2020
Same roleSame location
Data Analyst (Former Employee) - Guelph, ON
Worst plat I have ever worked. No management oversight or feedback. Sexist management. Poor salary. Made me take a vacation day when grandma died. They plan your exist the day you start.
19 January 2021
Same location
Housekeeper (Current Employee) - Guelph, ON
As a housekeeper at the Homewood my days are always interesting. To work in housekeeping, you need to have energy and an eye for detail. Fast paced but also rewarding.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Running short staffed
17 January 2021
Same location
Full-time Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) - Guelph, ON
Homewood used to be the place to be. I loved working there up until the pandemic. You constantly work short and upper management will refuse to allow premium pay to fill the shift. A lot of staff are constantly being reassigned to work on other units without training. Homewood will throw any staff member ( who is not upper management) under the bus to prevent tarnishing their reputation. There is no work-life balance and full time staff are expected to work 7 8hr shift in a row as part of their regular line. When the charge nurse has called the administrator on call with staffing concerns they are rude and condescending. Lots of staff turn over right now.
Pros
Pays the bills, good co-workers
Cons
Unaafe staffing, insensitive and condescending upper management
  1. wonderful team and great employer