Homewood Health
Homewood Health Employee Review

Poorly managed kitchen, egomanic in charge, disorganized.

12 August 2020
I was hired the Chef made great claims that he had menus, recipes, and that the kitchen was well run. My first day I could see none of this was true. Even after the center has been opened for a year the kitchen every day was kayos, different times while following the Chefs orders to use rotten ingredients or products that were not Food safe part of his efforts to be IN charge and IN control. Loud angry child like out bursts when small problems arose, kicking carts, slamming down pots and pans ,throwing things around ,cursing and swearing, If someone appeared tired as they were working the Chef made comments about them drinking too much because they are Aboriginal Natives ( racist comments) , ( this worker is a single mom, three kids, one grandchild she is raising, and she is busy in the community and tries to run a small home based business). I my opinion the person that chose the Chef for this facility either did not have any suitable applicants and took what was offered or did a very poor job interviewing the Chef.
1.0Job security/advancement
Pros
You can always find a better job
Cons
lies, lies, lies.
21 June 2020
Same location
security (Former Employee) - Victoria
low pay, they claim they do a check what other places in area are paying then base a salary off of that. Looking for workers all the time , high turnaround for a reason. right from the stunned person that does the interview on... stay away
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
27 April 2021
RPN (Former Employee) - Ontario
Been there for 26 years management has changed over the last 6 to 7 years it was a wonderfull place to work now staff you are just a number no respect
Pros
Cons
They are short 60 Reg staff
17 March 2021
Data Analyst (Current Employee) - Guelph, ON
I joined in April 2020, just at the onset of the pandemic. I've been working from home since my first day. I love working for this company and I would recommend this to anyone. My manager is supportive and I'm lucky to have a wonderful team.
Pros
work from home, saves fuel and time
Cons
nothing
  1. Poorly managed kitchen, egomanic in charge, disorganized.