Homewood Health
Homewood Health Employee Review

Okay place to work if you like mental health

26 March 2020
Good place to work if you enjoy mental health nursing. I do not like mental health nursing, though I gave it a try as this is my first mental health job. I found a lot of the other nurses pretentious and just sit in the nursing station and make fun of the patients when it's fairly clear they themselves have never had any brushes with poor mental health and are able to make fun of this type of population. The company is poor at communication and are too lax in their rules with the patients. As for just mental health nursing in general: the patients can be rude and unappreciative.
4.0Job security/advancement
17 January 2021
Same roleSame location
Full-time Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) - Guelph, ON
Homewood used to be the place to be. I loved working there up until the pandemic. You constantly work short and upper management will refuse to allow premium pay to fill the shift. A lot of staff are constantly being reassigned to work on other units without training. Homewood will throw any staff member ( who is not upper management) under the bus to prevent tarnishing their reputation. There is no work-life balance and full time staff are expected to work 7 8hr shift in a row as part of their regular line. When the charge nurse has called the administrator on call with staffing concerns they are rude and condescending. Lots of staff turn over right now.
Pros
Pays the bills, good co-workers
Cons
Unaafe staffing, insensitive and condescending upper management
6 January 2021
Same roleSame location
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) - Guelph, ON
Great co workers, horrible management. Employees concerns are ignored and zero support from managers. Units often run short staffed. Staff are left to work in unsafe environments and are extremely under appreciated.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Horrible management
17 March 2021
Same location
Data Analyst (Current Employee) - Guelph, ON
I joined in April 2020, just at the onset of the pandemic. I've been working from home since my first day. I love working for this company and I would recommend this to anyone. My manager is supportive and I'm lucky to have a wonderful team.
Pros
work from home, saves fuel and time
Cons
nothing
  1. Okay place to work if you like mental health