Homewood Health
Homewood Health Employee Review

Hostile and unsupportive management (telephonic)

5 October 2020
The Homewood company (telephonic counselling) provides services for people across the country suffering from mental health issues. Sadly, navigating the lack of communication and support has revealed that the management of this division prevents, if not punishes, meaningful feedback, dialogue and engagement with qualified personnel. It is structurally and culturally dysfunctional. The work is meaningful but, as far as companies go, it is riddled with highly sensitive and unskilled managers when it comes to dealing with it's contractors. Feedback and, heaven forbid, constructive criticism, is punished. This ultimately diminishes the quality of staff and support it offers to clients which is, ultimately, tragic. There is no mechanism by which to seek help or support short of quitting the organization which leads to high turnover. As an example...there was a scheduling issue (lack of training) and the regional manager began complaining to upper management rather than being accountable, understanding or supportive. Quickly branded and therefore dread communicating with the very management in place to supposedly help. Very petty and unprofessional I have spoken with five other local therapists who also provide occasional clinical counselling for their telephonic and the same, dreadful, views are universally shared regarding the current management in place. Two others have already begun to separate from this branch of Homewood. Quite a shame really as the potential to help is certainly there. Given that they pay roughly 30-40% of a private practitioners normal hourly - more...
1.0Job security/advancement
Pros
The clients.
Cons
Management, rigid, inflexible, petty and defensive
27 April 2021
RPN (Former Employee) - Ontario
Been there for 26 years management has changed over the last 6 to 7 years it was a wonderfull place to work now staff you are just a number no respect
Pros
Cons
They are short 60 Reg staff
17 March 2021
Data Analyst (Current Employee) - Guelph, ON
I joined in April 2020, just at the onset of the pandemic. I've been working from home since my first day. I love working for this company and I would recommend this to anyone. My manager is supportive and I'm lucky to have a wonderful team.
Pros
work from home, saves fuel and time
Cons
nothing
31 January 2021
Same location
Housekeeper (Current Employee) - Housekeeping
Great place to work, pay is great compared to a lot of other places. Co-workers and supervisors are very co-operative and there is good communication. Management however is very absent. When you bring forward an issue, they do nothing about it. This has not affected my job very much but it could negatively impact others.
Pros
Pay, shift availability, work environment
Cons
Absent management
  1. Hostile and unsupportive management (telephonic)