Homewood Health
Homewood Health Employee Review

Homewood- It’s not what it really seems like

22 October 2020
It was exciting to work for Homewood Health Centre in the beginning until Covid hit, they lacked major communication skills when it came to an outbreak. Being on any unit you will see the toxic, nurses are always looking miserable or working doubles or short staff. Homewood health centre doesn’t care for their staff, as they continue to work short when dealing with Mental Health. Homewood will hurt your mental health as an employee.
1.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Some great co-workers
Cons
Toxic environment
21 February 2019
Same roleSame location
Nurse (Former Employee) - Guelph, ON
The staff are fantastic but this is a private company and they do not respect the union or work life balance. For a mental health facility, I had hoped they would support their staff more so as to provide better patient care. It felt like it was about keeping the beds full rather than helping individuals succeed in their treatment.
Pros
Staff and patients
17 March 2021
Same location
Data Analyst (Current Employee) - Guelph, ON
I joined in April 2020, just at the onset of the pandemic. I've been working from home since my first day. I love working for this company and I would recommend this to anyone. My manager is supportive and I'm lucky to have a wonderful team.
Pros
work from home, saves fuel and time
Cons
nothing
19 January 2021
Same location
Housekeeper (Current Employee) - Guelph, ON
As a housekeeper at the Homewood my days are always interesting. To work in housekeeping, you need to have energy and an eye for detail. Fast paced but also rewarding.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Running short staffed
  1. Homewood- It’s not what it really seems like