Homewood Health
Homewood Health Employee Review

Good entry level

5 February 2020
good first job after graduation for the experience and reputation of the company on your resume. It's not a sustainable long term job with low pay around $16-17 an hour. Benefits are good for full-time staff with 3 weeks vacation. The stress of the difficult stories that clients share when they call to set up counselling can be difficult. Management tries to encourage a mentally healthy workplace but fall short. For a mental health company they need to do better for staff.
3.0Job security/advancement
9 July 2019
Same roleSame location
Intake Counsellor (Current Employee) - Guelph, ON
The pay is astonishingly low and the work load is heavy. It appears that the EAP company [as a whole] is understaffed as there is no down-time in the day. Management talks a big game about self-care and taking time when you feel you need it but will also throw your stats at you and call you to get back on the lines. One of the only reasons I've stayed as long as I have is that my coworkers are some of the most wonderful people. One thing Homewood Health is really good at is hiring - I never imagined it'd be possible to fill an office with 40 of the worlds greatest people.
Pros
Peers, free food sometimes, benefits are awesome, starting with 3 weeks vacation
Cons
understaffed, overworked, underpaid, hearing some pretty hard things
29 March 2019
Same roleSame location
Intake Counsellor (Former Employee) - Guelph, ON
Management are unsupportive, EFAP workers are often burnt out, overworked, and under the chronic stress of back to back high-intensity (often suicidal/angry) calls from clients. Benefits always being cut. Terribly unethical company that seeks to make profit off the suffering of their clients, while throwing their employees under the bus. This results in incredibly high employee turnover and an apathetic management approach that leaves clients and employees unsupported.
17 March 2021
Same location
Data Analyst (Current Employee) - Guelph, ON
I joined in April 2020, just at the onset of the pandemic. I've been working from home since my first day. I love working for this company and I would recommend this to anyone. My manager is supportive and I'm lucky to have a wonderful team.
Pros
work from home, saves fuel and time
Cons
nothing