Homewood Health logo
Homewood Health
View all Homewood Health reviews

Homewood Health

Homewood Health Employee Review

Garbage pay for easy burn out

I would be embarrassed to recommend this workplace due to the lousy pay and the burn out. I became very unsatisfied here and didn't feel supported when bringing up the feelings of burnout.

Pros

Rewarding due to helping others

Cons

Terrible pay

2.0Job security/advancement

Good entry level

good first job after graduation for the experience and reputation of the company on your resume. It's not a sustainable long term job with low pay around $16-17 an hour. Benefits are good for full-time staff with 3 weeks vacation. The stress of the difficult stories that clients share when they call to set up counselling can be difficult. Management tries to encourage a mentally healthy workplace but fall short. For a mental health company they need to do better for staff.
Same role

Great job to have on your resume but not to stay

The pay is astonishingly low and the work load is heavy. It appears that the EAP company [as a whole] is understaffed as there is no down-time in the day. Management talks a big game about self-care and taking time when you feel you need it but will also throw your stats at you and call you to get back on the lines. One of the only reasons I've stayed as long as I have is that my coworkers are some of the most wonderful people. One thing Homewood Health is really good at is hiring - I never imagined it'd be possible to fill an office with 40 of the worlds greatest people.

Pros

Peers, free food sometimes, benefits are awesome, starting with 3 weeks vacation

Cons

understaffed, overworked, underpaid, hearing some pretty hard things

Do not work here

Management are unsupportive, EFAP workers are often burnt out, overworked, and under the chronic stress of back to back high-intensity (often suicidal/angry) calls from clients. Benefits always being cut. Terribly unethical company that seeks to make profit off the suffering of their clients, while throwing their employees under the bus. This results in incredibly high employee turnover and an apathetic management approach that leaves clients and employees unsupported.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Homewood Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7Job security/advancement

Compare Homewood Health with

• Homewood Health
  • Garbage pay for easy burn out