Homewood Health
Homewood Health Employee Review

Advise against employment at Homewood Health Ravensview

11 November 2020
Typical day: Boring, events rarely happen.What I learned: Nothing productive, only that there is poor management and no communication plus it is a toxic workplace.Management: If I could rate less than 1 star, I would rate -5 out of 5. No communication, if you do your job you will be punished if someone complains. Management sides with client 100% of the time and will not listen to your perspective. If you make the most minor mistake (ex: 1 minute late from returning to break because you needed to wash hands, you will be reprimanded). Management also goes against their word and previous agreements, written and verbal.Workplace culture: Toxic, you will be looked down upon. Management are demeaning to you and will point out every little fault. Borderline criminal harassment. The employer wants brain-dead people who do not think for their work force. Anyone that can think for themselves and question things will have their employment terminated immediately for any reason that management can find.Hardest part of job: Trying to do your job according to policies, procedures, and LAW without being reprimanded. You are under a microscope every time you work. Regardless of whether you follow policy and law, if management does not like it, you will be written up.Most enjoyable part of the job: On site dining, but you have to pay for it.Wages: Poor, they claim to be above average in the industry... this may be true for SOME positions. Most of the money goes to management so they would rather pay less which means more for them to pocket.Overall, the employer has been found to be in - more...
1.0Job security/advancement
Pros
On site dining, gym
Cons
Inconsistent management, no communication, you will be looked down upon, you will be punished for doing your job, Mentally ill clients are 100% right in everything under the eyes of management, corporate culture, toxic workplace, poor management, poor wages.
27 April 2021
RPN (Former Employee) - Ontario
Been there for 26 years management has changed over the last 6 to 7 years it was a wonderfull place to work now staff you are just a number no respect
Pros
Cons
They are short 60 Reg staff
17 March 2021
Data Analyst (Current Employee) - Guelph, ON
I joined in April 2020, just at the onset of the pandemic. I've been working from home since my first day. I love working for this company and I would recommend this to anyone. My manager is supportive and I'm lucky to have a wonderful team.
Pros
work from home, saves fuel and time
Cons
nothing
31 January 2021
Housekeeper (Current Employee) - Housekeeping
Great place to work, pay is great compared to a lot of other places. Co-workers and supervisors are very co-operative and there is good communication. Management however is very absent. When you bring forward an issue, they do nothing about it. This has not affected my job very much but it could negatively impact others.
Pros
Pay, shift availability, work environment
Cons
Absent management
  1. Advise against employment at Homewood Health Ravensview