Homewood Health Employee Reviews

Poor management and organization
Manager (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON22 November 2018
I cannot recommend working here. Surprisingly, the organization pays no attention to developing manager's skills and people suffer because of it. From a business perspective, processes are poor and deadlines are never met. There is no opportunity to develop your own ideas.
Pros
Clinical staff
Cons
Business operations, poor and unprofessional management
A Great Place to Work
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON5 September 2018
Homewood Health Centre is a great place to work. I feel supported by the nursing management and enjoy that there is a variety of in-service learning opportunities and encouragement for continuing education. Nurses at Homewood are highly involved in patients care. We are skilled, talented, and passionate. I love that we are listened to and also respected by the interdisciplinary team.
Pros
Beautiful grounds, gratifying work, sense of community with co-workers
Cons
shift work and 7 day streches
Excellent Facility
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON, CA23 November 2018
This was a volunteer position- the nurses and caretakers were excellent. The patients were well cared for and very hardworking towards their own recovery. The facility is beautiful and the people there are hard working and truly care about their patients.
Would recommend as Ideal first job, not a career
Substance Abuse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 May 2018
Depending on what department and Management you work for, Expectations of the job are high with minimal reward and compensation. Job burn out and increase in turn over happens at the two year mark. Job satisfaction is low due to the lack of advancement in the company.
Pros
Co-worker support.
Cons
Differcult, disgruntaled, substance abuse clients, verably disrespect and no debrief.
Supportive environment
Clinician, current (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON27 August 2018
Lots of support available on all sides: administrative, technical, clinical...I never felt like I was on my own, even though the amount of work is significant.
Pros
Support
Cons
Workload
Great team
Sales Director (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 August 2018
Like the people and the work that we do is very rewarding. I'm often told at conferences or events how Homewood has saved the life of either the person I'm speaking with or a loved one.
caring staff
Personal Support Worker (PSW) (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON17 February 2018
i enjoy my position at homewood, the staff are pretty friendly. Team work is important in this position and most staff work together well to provide excellent care to patients. i am learning lots and appreciate the training and guidance that staff give. the only drawback is hours when you are a new hire. I wish set part time lines were available.
Pros
challenging job, opportunities for personal and professional growth
Cons
not many available shifts as a new hire
Stable and supportive work environment
First Call Care Clinician (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 April 2018
Homewood health has great benefits and a supportive and friendly work environment. It is a multi-faceted company offering support in many different ways to the clients who access it.
Poor Pay
Intake Counsellor (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON13 February 2018
The job itself is decent but the pay is very poor with little to no raise opportunities. The management preaches self care and work life balance but when push comes to shove they do not advocate for the employee and allow harder and more difficult work conditions to proceed.
Pros
good benfits
Cons
very taxing, high burnout rate, very poor pay
Fun workplace
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON6 May 2018
All staff and patients were very nice and kind. Every time I would go in for my shift, I would serve hot beverages and food to staff and patients and close the shop by myself.
Homewood Health
Program Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON31 March 2018
Staff are great. Job security is main issue, as most jobs are offered on a part time/contract basis. Workplace is safe and clean, and staff are very friendly.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No benefits for PT / contract staff
Teamwork is important - we worked hard and still able to have a bit of fun
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON18 November 2017
The best part of the job, in the early years, was autonomy and the worst part were the years of mergers and acquisitions of our departments and divisions.

The culture in the early years was one of respect, hard work, team work, appreciation by supervisors.
Pros
Work colleagues became good friends
Cons
Several Mergers and Changes
Avoid if possible
Tr (Former Employee) –  QC30 October 2017
Very unpleasant experience. The workload is overwhelming and they are always too short on staff. So you are always overworked but underpaid. Your work is also always unvalued. The management is rude, unprofessional and my direct manager made racist and demeaning statements to me. Overall, the atmosphere was like a bad American high school sitcom with so much drama and unprofessional personalities. Horrible experience.
Excellent workplace to apply and develop skills in mental health nursing
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON21 August 2017
Staff and management are extremely supportive. Culture of interprofessional collaboration is exceptional. Nurses are heard, and actively participate in decision making and care planning for patients.
Bias management and cliche office staff
Staff Clinician (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK1 May 2017
Work place bullying was not taken seriously by management.
Unsupervised office staff, take extended shopping breaks, rude, disrupt counselling sessions. If the Therapist addresses the issue directly the situation worsens. Ie: office reception not informing you that your client has arrived, silent treatment, workplace gossip, bullying.
Would highly recommend to not work as a Staff Clinician in the Saskatoon office.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Toxic environment!
An organisation that makes a difference
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 February 2016
Homewood Health has gone over a number of changes in the last couple of years, and there has been growing pains with this. But I find that overall, your ideas are listened too and though things might not change as quickly as everyone likes, process are implemented off the back of employee feedback.

It's nice to work for an organisation that really does make a positive impact in people's lives and doesn't just make "things".
Pros
Ideas are encouraged
Cons
Communication is not always as clear as it could be
Excellent place to work
Psychiatrist (Current Employee) –  Guelph4 July 2015
The staff are incredibly dedicated and talented and they support and encourage each other. Lots of nursing and medical students which keeps things fresh. Extensive list of educational events and socials for staff, often fully catered. Outstanding location too with private walking trails, tennis courts, on site fitness facilities, coffee shop, library, chapel,etc. The food in the cafeteria is amazing too, not at all the usual hospital fare. Everyone is so helpful and friendly. I love it here.
A good place to work but not much advancement
Admitting clerk/ receptionist (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON10 July 2013
A good place to work . I worked in a very fast paced department always busy . I first worked in nursing which I enjoyed very much , the staff were very supportive and professional to work with. I later worked in admitting it was a good experience too
Pros
supportive staff, good wage, good working conditions
Cons
did not have benefits, holidays, too much change in routine
N/a
PlanSmart Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 June 2015
It is a good stable company but does not focus on extra work and enhancing employee interaction. The management is unqualified and closed minded. Does not respect work/life balance. They do not appreciate new parents or take into consideration employees kids and the need for work-at-home ethic. Everything is about the numbers. I would not recommend working there
Terrible company to work for
management (Former Employee) –  Calgary24 August 2015
Terrible company to work for. Low morale, high turnover, poor leadership and management. Training for the position is poor with significant micromanagement at every level. No support for work-place issues.
Pros
Cons
Everything about the company is terrible. Not recommended. Look elsewhere for employment