Homewood Health Employee Reviews

A Great Place to Work
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON5 September 2018
Homewood Health Centre is a great place to work. I feel supported by the nursing management and enjoy that there is a variety of in-service learning opportunities and encouragement for continuing education. Nurses at Homewood are highly involved in patients care. We are skilled, talented, and passionate. I love that we are listened to and also respected by the interdisciplinary team.
Pros
Beautiful grounds, gratifying work, sense of community with co-workers
Cons
shift work and 7 day streches
Supportive environment
Clinician, current (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON27 August 2018
Lots of support available on all sides: administrative, technical, clinical...I never felt like I was on my own, even though the amount of work is significant.
Pros
Support
Cons
Workload
Great team
Sales Director (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 August 2018
Like the people and the work that we do is very rewarding. I'm often told at conferences or events how Homewood has saved the life of either the person I'm speaking with or a loved one.
Would recommend as Ideal first job, not a career
Substance Abuse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 May 2018
Depending on what department and Management you work for, Expectations of the job are high with minimal reward and compensation. Job burn out and increase in turn over happens at the two year mark. Job satisfaction is low due to the lack of advancement in the company.
Pros
Co-worker support.
Cons
Differcult, disgruntaled, substance abuse clients, verably disrespect and no debrief.
Fun workplace
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON6 May 2018
All staff and patients were very nice and kind. Every time I would go in for my shift, I would serve hot beverages and food to staff and patients and close the shop by myself.
Stable and supportive work environment
First Call Care Clinician (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 April 2018
Homewood health has great benefits and a supportive and friendly work environment. It is a multi-faceted company offering support in many different ways to the clients who access it.
Homewood Health
Program Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON31 March 2018
Staff are great. Job security is main issue, as most jobs are offered on a part time/contract basis. Workplace is safe and clean, and staff are very friendly.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No benefits for PT / contract staff
caring staff
Personal Support Worker (PSW) (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON17 February 2018
i enjoy my position at homewood, the staff are pretty friendly. Team work is important in this position and most staff work together well to provide excellent care to patients. i am learning lots and appreciate the training and guidance that staff give. the only drawback is hours when you are a new hire. I wish set part time lines were available.
Pros
challenging job, opportunities for personal and professional growth
Cons
not many available shifts as a new hire
Poor Pay
Intake Counsellor (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON13 February 2018
The job itself is decent but the pay is very poor with little to no raise opportunities. The management preaches self care and work life balance but when push comes to shove they do not advocate for the employee and allow harder and more difficult work conditions to proceed.
Pros
good benfits
Cons
very taxing, high burnout rate, very poor pay
Teamwork is important - we worked hard and still able to have a bit of fun
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON18 November 2017
The best part of the job, in the early years, was autonomy and the worst part were the years of mergers and acquisitions of our departments and divisions.

The culture in the early years was one of respect, hard work, team work, appreciation by supervisors.
Pros
Work colleagues became good friends
Cons
Several Mergers and Changes

Want to know more about Homewood Health?

Ask a question
Avoid if possible
Tr (Former Employee) –  QC30 October 2017
Very unpleasant experience. The workload is overwhelming and they are always too short on staff. So you are always overworked but underpaid. Your work is also always unvalued. The management is rude, unprofessional and my direct manager made racist and demeaning statements to me. Overall, the atmosphere was like a bad American high school sitcom with so much drama and unprofessional personalities. Horrible experience.
Excellent workplace to apply and develop skills in mental health nursing
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON21 August 2017
Staff and management are extremely supportive. Culture of interprofessional collaboration is exceptional. Nurses are heard, and actively participate in decision making and care planning for patients.
Bias management and cliche office staff
Staff Clinician (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK1 May 2017
Work place bullying was not taken seriously by management.
Unsupervised office staff, take extended shopping breaks, rude, disrupt counselling sessions. If the Therapist addresses the issue directly the situation worsens. Ie: office reception not informing you that your client has arrived, silent treatment, workplace gossip, bullying.
Would highly recommend to not work as a Staff Clinician in the Saskatoon office.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Toxic environment!
Friendly Staff
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Guelph20 April 2017
Very friendly environment where staff support colleagues. Management and HR are very unorganized, shift swap and vacation time are difficult to receive, and units are constantly not staffed accordingly.
Garbage pay for easy burn out
Intake Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Canada24 January 2017
I would be embarrassed to recommend this workplace due to the lousy pay and the burn out. I became very unsatisfied here and didn't feel supported when bringing up the feelings of burnout.
Pros
Rewarding due to helping others
Cons
Terrible pay
Wonderful environment
IC (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 January 2017
Highly demanding yet fullfilling job. Unfortunetly the work load does not coordinate with the salary. There is also not a lot of room to grow in the company even with a bachelors. Great coworkers
Great benefits - High work load
Employee (Former Employee) –  Alberta18 November 2016
Co-workers are supportive.
Management is not in touch with work load.
Great benefits.
Poor metal health work place.
No training, no inclusion.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Poorly managed company
Up and down
EAP/Crisis Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 August 2016
Frequent changes in management and policy, inconsistent messages and generally a lot of upheaval particularly for contract/independent service providers.
good
Shipper / Receiver / Expedite Driver (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON3 April 2016
Good place to work if your full time only down side is the union you can not cross train all in all good place. co-works are friendly jobs not hard most enjoyable is they have a cafe.
An organisation that makes a difference
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 February 2016
Homewood Health has gone over a number of changes in the last couple of years, and there has been growing pains with this. But I find that overall, your ideas are listened too and though things might not change as quickly as everyone likes, process are implemented off the back of employee feedback.

It's nice to work for an organisation that really does make a positive impact in people's lives and doesn't just make "things".
Pros
Ideas are encouraged
Cons
Communication is not always as clear as it could be

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Homewood Health. Our community is ready to answer.