Homestead Land Holdings Limited

Homestead Land Holdings Limited Employee Reviews

Management becoming toxic and power hungry.

Left because after nearly a decade Homestead became a toxic work environment. Managers ignoring issues, thier managers ignoring the issues. Upper management ignores concerns or covers them up. Only move when you involve govt.

I work in the Hvac department, nothing but positive things to say about the company and my coworkers, I am treated with respect, I recommend this job.

Pros

Positive atmosphere

Cons

Hard work with no rewards or support

No comments but would not reccomend this company to anyone. Started out good but quickly learned that being a good employee doesn't matter. Put alot of effort and personal touches to go above expectations but was not acknowledged.

Pros

None to mention

Cons

Stressful environment

Fun place !

I would still be working for Homestead if they didn’t sell the building. There’s a lot of perks throughout the year. It’s amazing company to work for, we were like family.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Don’t have any

Degrading Rapidly

Started out as a fairly descent job but has gotten worse over the course of the pandemic. Have gotten to work some absolutely fantastic people who genuinely care about their work but have found that as the pandemic progresses, quality and standards have decreased across the board. Many sites are chronically understaffed with the remaining staff left carrying the weight of 1 or 2 other team members on top of their regular work load. Immediate management has been fantastic but often run into walls with upper management refusing to invest money or attention into situations until they reach absolute crisis mode. Company is technologically behind on the times and resistant to change. Found quite a bit of difficulty as communication between branch and site offices can be disjointed and delayed leading to simple processes taking months in some cases. They will work with you and offer some decent opportunities if you have the right attitude but often don’t offer proper support and training which leads to good employees quickly being in over their heads. Customer service extremely frustrating even if you find you normally excel in this area as you often lack the support, manpower, and resources to effectively keep up with demand. Stress of the day will often follow you home and the workload is often heavier than the time allotted to cover it. It was a fantastic opportunity to grow and you will absolutely learn a lot but the amount of stress you will encounter is not worth the paycheque.

Pros

Great colleagues, room to grow

Cons

Disjointed communication, long hours, diminishing standards, lack of support

Regret every moment

Supervisors want the job done but won't do anything to help. Lying and leading you on at every job. Wont pay you gas allowance for your car. but give the foreman's company trucks so they can take it with them in vacation. Go to work everyday feeling like garbage for being taking advantage of everyday, takes a toll

Cons

Fast paced at month end. People are always willing to help out when and where needed. It is a good group effort in my experience.

You must first understand that being a Building Manager is not only a job but a lifestyle. Homestead has been great to me and my family. They care about you as an employee and as a person. They train you and follow up with training along the way. Health and Safety are a top priority.

Pros

you can easily budget your disposable income because you don't worry about household expenses

Cons

your schedule can be hectic if you don't manage your time well.

Absolutely brutal

Most unprofessional company I've ever experienced. People with titles they have no business having. Unqualified managers that dont have a clue as to how or what they should be doing. Very shady company politics and policy. Beware!!!. If you have any other job options, pursue it. Dont even consider this a place to work. Dont waste your time , it will end in disappointment and disbelief that a company can operate in this manner .

Pros

Zero!

Cons

Everything!

Good company to work for

They are a good company to work for. The work/off days are a good ratio. They have lots of training which is good because you arent just thrown into the job.

Pros

Lots of training and paid to work weekends

Cons

Pay wasnt great

Fast-paced environment where people care

Professionalism, consistent effort and hard work is recognized. Many quality co-workers who genuinely care about what they are doing. Fast-paced but fair expectations. Room for growth.

Pros

The people, ownership, feeling of accomplishment

Must enjoy the public

Every day is a new experience, must be able to make adjustments and handle the tenants different needs. Also rent out units as they come available, and have it ready by the time of move in.

Pros

Live in work

Cons

No privacy

Don’t go there worst company ever

Full of politics People stab u at the back Poor work culture And such a bad work environment one had no idea The Toronto and ottawa offices are the worst

good place to learn the renovation process

overall good company with great benefits, salary was a little on the low side but was still a great environment. would recommend too people looking to gain knowledge in renovations.

Freindly atmosphere

I enjoyed working here the management are an awsum hardworking and freindly couple it was great getting to know the tenants in the building on a day to day basis

Pros

Cons

Weather made a mess

long hours, horrible pay and expected to give up your days off for the first of the month to clean apts. doesn't matter if you work 7 days straight before hand, you have to give up your time. heavy lifting, and no supoort for staff when dealing with residents. managment was poor and didn't back or help employees . the pay was salaried and they owned you for a dollar more then mininum wage. you wont make money here

Pros

not hard

Cons

long hours, 1 hour lunch, no pay for overtime or hloiday

Asking some questions

I asking many things about the Homestead, and Homestead big boss is very nice.and my manager is very experience lady. I like them very much. and very happy to join to them team.

I worked 9 days in a row..not much time to relax.My first 6 and a half years were good. The last year or so not so much.

I worked for them for almost 8 years in that time I learned that everyone has a different idea about the building manager position...some good some bad.

Best place to work i have found

Unfortunetly we messed up here, had a mishap and lost our job, but i cant blame them for what had happened... I just really wish it didnt happen, If i could ever go back to working for this company I would in a heart beat

Great for couple or family with older kids or none

Busy and fast paced, learn to problem solve. Loads of paper work depending on how many buildings you manage and how large those buildings are. It’s important on having emotional intelligence when working with people they are very passionate when it comes to where they live and it’s important to remember to remain calm in any situation because these people are not just clients but your neighbors

Nothing special

FIND A NEW APARTMENT BEFORE YOU GIVE YOUR NOTICE. THEY WILL ONLY GIVE YOU 7 DAYS TO MOVE OUT. IF THEY FIRE YOU, YOU HAVE 7 DAYS AS WELL. I worked at two locations. Loved one, hated the other. Pay wasn’t the greatest but they cover your rent for a pretty decent apartment, so that alone is a huge benefit. You don’t really have much of a work/life balance whatsoever though. Be prepared to be stopped in the hallways for issues even when you’re not working, so you need to establish those boundaries early on which can be hard. They throw amazing Christmas parties and BBQs! They go all out with paid for hotel rooms and catered dinners. Overall, I did like working there. You just have to get along with the other coworkers and you will be fine.

Far too much work not enough help

Management forces you to do jobs out of your scope and even jobs that you legally aren't supposed to do "electrical" and are constantly talking trash about you and other employees behind their and your back. Feeling sick every morning before work is not the way one should feel.

Pros

It's a job

Cons

Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Homestead Land Holdings Limited. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement