Homestead Land Holdings Limited

Homestead Land Holdings Limited Employee Reviews

Canada82 reviews
Every day is a new experience, must be able to make adjustments and handle the tenants different needs. Also rent out units as they come available, and have it ready by the time of move in.
Pros
Live in work
Cons
No privacy
Full of politics
People stab u at the back

Poor work culture

And such a bad work environment one had no idea

The Toronto and ottawa offices are the worst
overall good company with great benefits, salary was a little on the low side but was still a great environment. would recommend too people looking to gain knowledge in renovations.
I enjoyed working here the management are an awsum hardworking and freindly couple it was great getting to know the tenants in the building on a day to day basis
Pros
Cons
Weather made a mess
long hours, horrible pay and expected to give up your days off for the first of the month to clean apts. doesn't matter if you work 7 days straight before hand, you have to give up your time. heavy lifting, and no supoort for staff when dealing with residents. managment was poor and didn't back or help employees . the pay was salaried and they owned you for a dollar more then mininum wage. you wont make money here
Pros
not hard
Cons
long hours, 1 hour lunch, no pay for overtime or hloiday
Great Company to work for, we are paid amazing wages for Ontario, Our Vice President got an open door policy where we can discuss anything anytime.
Training and tools to do get the job are always available.

Homestead do make us feel like family!

Staff are great as well!

Great Family and Life Balance!
I asking many things about the Homestead, and Homestead big boss is very nice.and my manager is very experience lady. I like them very much. and very happy to join to them team.
I worked for them for almost 8 years in that time I learned that everyone has a different idea about the building manager position...some good some bad.
Unfortunetly we messed up here, had a mishap and lost our job, but i cant blame them for what had happened... I just really wish it didnt happen, If i could ever go back to working for this company I would in a heart beat
Busy and fast paced, learn to problem solve. Loads of paper work depending on how many buildings you manage and how large those buildings are. It’s important on having emotional intelligence when working with people they are very passionate when it comes to where they live and it’s important to remember to remain calm in any situation because these people are not just clients but your neighbors
FIND A NEW APARTMENT BEFORE YOU GIVE YOUR NOTICE. THEY WILL ONLY GIVE YOU 7 DAYS TO MOVE OUT. IF THEY FIRE YOU, YOU HAVE 7 DAYS AS WELL.

I worked at two locations. Loved one, hated the other. Pay wasn’t the greatest but they cover your rent for a pretty decent apartment, so that alone is a huge benefit. You don’t really have much of a work/life balance whatsoever though. Be prepared to be stopped in the hallways for issues even when you’re not working, so you need to establish those boundaries early on which can be hard. They throw amazing Christmas parties and BBQs! They go all out with paid for hotel rooms and catered dinners. Overall, I did like working there. You just have to get along with the other coworkers and you will be fine.
Management forces you to do jobs out of your scope and even jobs that you legally aren't supposed to do "electrical" and are constantly talking trash about you and other employees behind their and your back. Feeling sick every morning before work is not the way one should feel.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Everything else
Enjoyed working there, company treated there employees well. longs hours, a lot of on call work. apartment provided as well as benefits and RRSP matching program.
When your short staffed, they don’t care. They run you 24/7 for months. Doing your job and the jobs they are short staffed for. You get sick and have to go on sick leave for a few weeks. Do to the mould in their building. Spouse still doing his job, and you meet someone new to find out they are not a tenant but they were transferred to take over your job. So they tell you your being transferred to another building now.
It was a great overall experience with them. The people were awesome and even some of the tenants were fantastic.

Just couldn't stand working in pest infested units anymore!
Pros
Free lunches, excellent profit sharing
Cons
Long hours, no life/work balance, infested units
One kiss bum ! If not they treat you like nothing. Second of all they will bake your contact + they pay out your doctors + they also pay out WSIB so then you lose your claim they are very good at hiding their tracks by dontae money to make them look good. Just be very careful watch out.
Not secure. Disconnected from reality. Claims to be heavily family oriented but offers no work life balance whatsoever. Overworks site staff. Underpays management.
Pros
Good site level staff. Good benefits.
Cons
Management is disconnected
Okay place to work. The management is sometimes not supportive or present. Can be very stressful at times if the right support is not available. Upper management is approachable.
Great company to work for. They hold pride in making there customers and staff happy. There is a positive feel to the company and the managers are very nice.
Secure company, fair policies and great people all around. Good benefits package and excellent training programs, allowing for further skill development and chances at promotion.
I used to work for this company and let me tell you one of my worst experience.As inhouse painter you need to have mini van or a station wagon to carry all the materials from Hamilton to Burlington oakville and Brantford.Pay very low , management young and. unprofessionals .Some or i'd say most of pm are very rude and racists .No one cares about quality just to get the job done fast.Year end bonuses would be ok if they dont take 40% off your check.Big shots in kingston only care about collecting money , you' re only a number nobody cares about you.Superintendents who live in homestead buildings are paying rent which is deducted from their paycheck.They tell you its free but its not.Some buildings are so bad and smell that you would not want to pay to live in.The rent is very high, on top of it most buildings have pay parking for visitors.There were so many complaints about paying parking to visit relatives or friends.City would go and cover the meters only for a month or so .Homestead is run by lawyers and liars.Whoever goes or takes homestead to court "Good Luck" no one has ever won.Think again before applying at Homestead for any position.
Pros
Cons
Everything.