HomeSense Employee Review

Friendly work environment with the oppurtunity to gain experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kelowna BC7 July 2013
At Mimi's there was no such thing as an "average" shift, even though we had consistent food which of course brought in consistent regualars. Walking in the front door the buzz of a busy restaurant was an equivelant to the adreneline of preparing for an important soccer game. The management were the coaches, always available to talk when needed and got frusterated when things were not going as accordingly to plan. The support staff represented the defenders and midfielders who were there to protect the servers. Finally the kitchen staff were the goalies; put in the back as a last defence, if the food was excellent everyone was happy and we had nothing to worry about. At Mimi's we werent just "teammates" we were a family.
Pros
Made a new group of friends
Cons
Inconsistency in hours

Other HomeSense Employee Reviews

Decent place to work
Sales Associate & Cashier (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON8 April 2018
A decent place to work. Usually provides good hours. Having to deal with many mangers and supervisors leads to conflict and miscommunication often. TJX does not offer big raises to employees over the years, and bonus cheques are not big. With the right coworkers the work atmosphere can be fun and energetic because of its diversity and face past. But like many work places, when you mix the wrong personalities together it can be a mess, and an unorganized and unproductive environment. Customers tend to be on the more difficult side, and treat the store disrespectfully and have high expectations of employees and service. Overall, a good company with good values, but you could definitely find an easier and more stress free job, with the same pay.
Pros
holiday & summer parties, bonus cheque
Cons
long hours, stressful environment
the place to work.
Manager merchandise TJX Canada (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON17 March 2018
I had almost 8 years with the company and enjoyed every day and more... I miss my people and my customers every day. If I had a wish I would love to be back .
Pros
the best company to work for. homesense was my passion and more
Cons
no cons