HomeSense Employee Review

hectic work environment
data entry clerk/receptionist/filing clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 September 2013
it is a very fast past time conscious environment. I dealt with customers on a daily basis both in person and over the phone. I took customers orders and entered them into the system and made sure they were shipped out on time. I also kept customers up to date about their orders. I also did filing for the whole company both manual filing and updating the files on the computer system. I also helped reception answer calls and transfer calls.
Pros
frequent holidays
Cons
you dont get paid for holidays and no benefits what so ever

Other HomeSense Employee Reviews

plan your entire life 3 weeks in advance
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 April 2018
shifts are very hard to cancel, and are planned 3 weeks in advance. it is possible to switch with co workers but you have to arrange it yourself and people barely say yes.
lots of work to do, very simple tasks
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK21 April 2018
I would work in the warehouse most of the time, notably because I'm more physically capable of lifting things than others. It fit my groove perfectly, being a warehouse worker. Of course when it came time to help customers, service was never an issue, however I would very much enjoy being on my own chipping away at large physical tasks.
Pros
lots of break times provided, discounts on products
Cons
very little pay for the amount of knowledge power needed