HomeSense Employee Reviews

Fun place to work at.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON20 July 2018
Its a fast paced, productive, fun place to work at. Everyone from managerial team to other staff are very friendly and helpful, making learning the new skills easier. I would recommend anyone who want to have fun and a challenge to apply there.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
fun
Summary
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON13 July 2018
A typical day at work, what you learned, management, diversity, workplace culture, hardest part of the job, the most enjoyable part of the job, life work balance.
interesting work invironment
Sales floor (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB3 July 2018
homesense was a decent place to work but if ur working part time trying to get flexible hours this is not the place for you. ontop of that you need to have allot of patients for there new manager who is a very touchy very personal person.
Pros
free lunches sometimes
Cons
hours, breaks, organization
Productive and Fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 July 2018
It is a fun place to work as well as a great environment for all people. We provide the most excellent customer service to our customers and learn new things everyday.
First job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC14 June 2018
Homesence was my first job and I feel like it was the best job for me, I was really in to redoing house. It was really nice to learn and see all the difference products there was in the store.
East Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 May 2018
A typical day at work was very easy. A lot of my work was done in the back as well as helping customer bring heavy items to their cars. I learned many skills that can help me improve my work ethic as well as in everyday life. Management at this HomeSense was poor because it was very unorganized and unprofessional at times. Hardest part of the job was dealing with customers who disagree and also the really heavy and/or big items we had to bring out.
N/a
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON/ Belleville ON20 May 2018
Great place to work.. Lots of amazing new things to lean as well as discounts. Homesense team is always friendly and there to help with any questions.
Great coworkers, poor pay
Customer Service Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 May 2018
It's fun to see all the new products and trends as they come in and the people you work with are loving genuinely helpful people. The company expects a lot from its staff, and most of us put in a good effort to try and achieve the perfection they want us to provide. For a place that prides itself as one of "Canada's great places to work" I would expect more fairness in how they go about some issues. In the end, its the other people who you work with that keep you there, but the way its run will eventually push you away.
Pros
potlucks are always amazing, people are great
Cons
favoritism, pay
super fun and friendly crew
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 May 2018
Love the team work! perfect job to build amazing customer service experience. Hardest part of the job is the heavy lifting and carrying. I went my time there a lot.
I love the people that I work with as well as the company.
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ancaster, ON8 May 2018
Going to work is fun and something that I look forward to, I enjoy my time and the people that I work with. The TJX company looks after their employees and wants to see everyone succeed.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 May 2018
This was a job that gave me experiance of how to be a better sales associate but to get along with others. They would always give my plenty of hours as well.
Pros
nice associates
Cons
angry customers
plan your entire life 3 weeks in advance
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 April 2018
shifts are very hard to cancel, and are planned 3 weeks in advance. it is possible to switch with co workers but you have to arrange it yourself and people barely say yes.
lots of work to do, very simple tasks
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK21 April 2018
I would work in the warehouse most of the time, notably because I'm more physically capable of lifting things than others. It fit my groove perfectly, being a warehouse worker. Of course when it came time to help customers, service was never an issue, however I would very much enjoy being on my own chipping away at large physical tasks.
Pros
lots of break times provided, discounts on products
Cons
very little pay for the amount of knowledge power needed
Decent place to work
Sales Associate & Cashier (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON8 April 2018
A decent place to work. Usually provides good hours. Having to deal with many mangers and supervisors leads to conflict and miscommunication often. TJX does not offer big raises to employees over the years, and bonus cheques are not big. With the right coworkers the work atmosphere can be fun and energetic because of its diversity and face past. But like many work places, when you mix the wrong personalities together it can be a mess, and an unorganized and unproductive environment. Customers tend to be on the more difficult side, and treat the store disrespectfully and have high expectations of employees and service. Overall, a good company with good values, but you could definitely find an easier and more stress free job, with the same pay.
Pros
holiday & summer parties, bonus cheque
Cons
long hours, stressful environment
the place to work.
Manager merchandise TJX Canada (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON17 March 2018
I had almost 8 years with the company and enjoyed every day and more... I miss my people and my customers every day. If I had a wish I would love to be back .
Pros
the best company to work for. homesense was my passion and more
Cons
no cons
Accommodating
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS8 March 2018
I have been with the company for almost 10 years now. They are very accommodating - I went away for school, yet they allowed me to come back during Christmas and summer breaks to work. They also transferred me to a new location when I moved so I did not have to go any time without work.
Too much work with less pay
Store Front employee and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC6 March 2018
There is a fun atmosphere to provide the best customer service. The work is too much some days and the pay and benefits are awful as compared to the amount of work
Worst place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB2 March 2018
You have to request your availability, which can be denied! I was never trained on how management wanted things done, they just kind of leave you and expect results.
Great workplace, fun and caring people, friendly and accommodating upper management.
Dec/Warehouse/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON24 February 2018
Homesense was a great job to have as a student. They where flexible with hours and time needed to be off for exams and appointments. Fun working environment with amazing people. Overall great place to work!
Pros
Flexible hours, great management, happy atmosphere
Cons
Pay
Fun workplace
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 February 2018
A typical day at work: One signs in, and goes either to the warehouse, display or cash area.

They trained me in all areas of the job as I had no prior experience.

The management is very supportive.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
A bit far from where I live

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HomeSense. Our community is ready to answer.