Homeland Housing

Homeland Housing Management reviews

Canada6 reviews
Ratings by categoryClear
As a casual you never really have the same shift there's like 50 shifts to train on and if you don't know exactly what your doing people treat you horrible
Cons
Every one is so poorly informed about the proper PPE in certain rooms therefore spreading it around.
I was disgusted at the unprofessionalism of the management. The residents would tell me of abusive behavior the staff would do to them. The management have talked about removing an emergency call bell from a resident's room with dementia because "it's annoying when she accidentally pulls it". Please don't work here if you care about doing good work. Very unfair.
I have worked at a site for almost two years. Management is responsive and fair. They expect your to do your job and have high standards. If you enjoy working with seniors and doing a great job, then this is the place for you.
Management was almost never able to get a hold of, but if they couldn't get a hold of you, they wouldn't ever let you forget about for months! Staff was very politicized, and it seemed like none of staff wanted to be there, and it shows in how they will treat the seniors. Working conditions got worse and worse, all the while management and other staff would harrass and name call each other.

Would not recommend to work here unless there's nothing else.
Pros
Interactions with seniors
Cons
Management, staff, atmosphere, working conditions, boderline harassment
Staff are very aggressive towards each other and residents. Several times a day the staff will call residents with dementia idoiots. Management will sometimes schedule for shifts without asking and there is two different places to check the schedule and both are unreliable, so I never knew which shifts were correct, but if I got it wrong and would talk to management, they would act like I was being mean to them? Full time staff have cliques and if you don't fit into the cliques, you get glared at during break or get name called like you're in elementary school. Definitely would not recommend working here, unless you like bully resdients in their home.
Pros
Lunches were $2
Cons
Almost everything else.
Bullying

Management messes up and will throw you under the bus to save themselves.

Non profit organization, low wage, unrealistic work load.

Great working with residents and tenants
Pros
Lunch is $2.00 per day
Cons
Expected to work for free past your shift or your treated like you dont value your job.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Homeland Housing?