Homeland Housing
Homeland Housing Employee Review

Would never work for CUPE union again no one even knows who the union reps are

10 February 2020
As a casual you never really have the same shift there's like 50 shifts to train on and if you don't know exactly what your doing people treat you horrible
Cons
Every one is so poorly informed about the proper PPE in certain rooms therefore spreading it around.
17 October 2019
Same role
General worker (Former Employee) - Morinville, AB
I was disgusted at the unprofessionalism of the management. The residents would tell me of abusive behavior the staff would do to them. The management have talked about removing an emergency call bell from a resident's room with dementia because "it's annoying when she accidentally pulls it". Please don't work here if you care about doing good work. Very unfair.
10 July 2019
Same role
General worker (Former Employee) - Edmonton, AB
Staff are very aggressive towards each other and residents. Several times a day the staff will call residents with dementia idoiots. Management will sometimes schedule for shifts without asking and there is two different places to check the schedule and both are unreliable, so I never knew which shifts were correct, but if I got it wrong and would talk to management, they would act like I was being mean to them? Full time staff have cliques and if you don't fit into the cliques, you get glared at during break or get name called like you're in elementary school. Definitely would not recommend working here, unless you like bully resdients in their home.
Pros
Lunches were $2
Cons
Almost everything else.
28 August 2019
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) - St. Albert, AB
I have worked at a site for almost two years. Management is responsive and fair. They expect your to do your job and have high standards. If you enjoy working with seniors and doing a great job, then this is the place for you.