HomeBridge Youth Society Employee Reviews

An organization doing the best they can
Youth Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS5 May 2018
I have worked with at-risk youth for almost a decade and it has been a great learning experience with HomeBridge. They are considered leaders in the field of youth care.
Pros
co-workers make the bad days okay and the good days great
Contract Position
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS9 April 2018
Temporary maintenance person under contract for a much needed service. Great organization. Well managed and organized for the difficult situation they are forced to deal with.
Pros
Lots of variety in the work
Cons
distance between works sites.
Group home setting. Six 14-17 year old male youth, hardest to serve in NS. Consistenly in crisis. Loved the work.
Youth Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS5 November 2012
The home I work in has an intense, crisis filled environment consistently. It is very high paced and to work there you must always be aware of your surroundings. I worked on a team average size of 13, working with 1 shift partner for 12 hour shifts. Good communication skills are necessary. There is an incredible turn over rate due to stress, etc. There is paperwork and other office duties as well which some enjoy more than others. I thouroughly enjoy working in the environment and working with the youth. To work here, you must be able to stay calm and give direction through very intense situations and create interventions to assist in helping create change. Management was fine. I had little direct interaction. Payed well and advance quickly. Enjoj working for organization.