Home and Community Care Support Services
Happiness score is 69 out of 100

Home and Community Care Support Services Employee Reviews

Canada157 reviews

ccacbalancecommunityworklifesupportivesupporthealthorganization

Good people to work with

Good people to work with and everyone is friendly but the van drivers are paid far below the going rate. Other than the below average pay there are no issues with this company.

Great job

It is a great place to work. Management needs to be more involved and government needs to remove salary cap. Day to day is fast paced, co workers are supportive and culture is good.

Insights into Home and Community Care Support Services

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment

Fast paced days, constant changes

This company is the new "iteration" of LHIN and CCAC. Always different changes going on, and as an employee these changes can happen on very short notice. Actual work is busy and always seems to be short staffed. Time will fly-by during the day, but compensation is fair and I am not expected to work outside my typical hours.

Constant chaos and poor communication

The organization is in constant chaos. We hear through the grapevine that big changes are coming and management denies it until a memo is sent out literally a couple of days before the change. I am not talking small changes but a complete change in job description and location for over 30 staff. Best part is the change was not properly evaluated and carried out before it occurred so after year they found the change was a bad idea and now they are trying to reverse the whole thing. It makes no sense. Pro is that the job is secure so you will always have a job with steady pay - just what you do might be different than what you were hired for and also very little room for advancement.

I really enjoy my job. The people I work with are helpful and great team players. The managers are approachable and good benefits & you get pension. When you start as Relief you can also get pension which is great.

If your a professional looking for a career turn around & go elsewhere

Like many of the reviews on here I can relate to many of the experiences others have had. During the interview they tell you what you want to hear to reel you in & butter you up. I should’ve seen the red flags from the interview to when I started and throughout. Most toxic, awful place I’ve ever worked in my life. Training is inconsistent, unorganized and lacking greatly. Management is unresponsive, unprofessional, unreachable when you contact and don’t have the decency to discuss with you concerns or support when requested. The scheduler on more than one occasion messed up the schedule leaving me short for hours and then forced to use vacation time to cover due to their error. Coaches are expected to train while still carrying out their regular duties causing for constant interruptions to employees on-boarding/training. Training is done remotely now with coaches not even from the same town or city so isn’t ideal for learning & hands on. They are obsessed with having meetings about nothing most of the time where it’s a continuation of the previous meeting not having any further information about issues/topics that then cause employees to fall behind in work from this time. Very high workload for the pay. Job description and what you actually do are not mirrored. Some of the people were very nice & willing to help, others you have to watch your back. A lot of snarkiness, very clique. Overall was a terrible experience without the promised training & support. Union reports having many issues with the employer such as improper & adequate training, lack of communication & support, -

Productive and meaningful work

I worked at Home and Community Care Support Services for over 3 years as a Casual Care Coordinator. The employer respected my desire to work 2-3 days a week. The salary and benefits were acceptable for the work I did. The policies and procedures were clear and easy to follow. There was always someone to help when I had questions or required assistance with decision making process. A great place to work. I highly recommend this employer.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Long wait list for LTCH or HC services

Stressful workplace, overall poor experience

I worked here for a total of 3 months before I had to get the heck out. Not a lot of team support, I never saw my manager. The work was very stressful and the training was minimal. I would come into work to sit in a corner alone, nobody talked to each other. There's nowhere to eat lunch. No break room. In my team of 8 people, at least 1 person called in sick per day. It's clear nobody wanted to be there.

Pros

Cons

Management Poor team Poor training Heavy workload Lack of support

Great pay and benefits.

Inrerview and on boarding process is thorough. Quite a number of employees that feel threatened by new talent and protected bullies. Decent pay, hours.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Co-workers

I enjoyed my time working there, co-workers were really supportive, kind and the hours were flexible.

Typical day involved answering phone calls and re-directing service providers and clients to case managers. I thought the company promoted a positive work lifestyle balance.

Pros

Healthy benefits were good

Cons

too many procedural, policy changes makes hard to know organization procedures sometimes.

Toxic Environment and poor Management .No human values and considration for staff

Excess workload and never compensated for hard work and sincerity .Employees are poorly treated and made to work extra hours with no benefits .The only goal is to finish work no matter the circumstances .Never apply for a positon in this organization

Cons

poor management

Not great

Depending on who your director is, you may be out of luck. Working in communications, I had a director who cared more for perfection than was necessary. The work given was NOT in line with the job, I felt more like a data entry clerk than someone in communications. Being micro managed by someone with ocd was not a great job.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Hardly do anything related to job description, long hours.

Learned a lot about homecare from this setting.

Staff is very supportive and assist you with your learning needs. I learned about how clients perform their ADLs in their own environment as well as conducting home and safety assessments.

Pay wage equality was not there when I worked there

I enjoyed my time there. But I was @ a different time in my life and found that going back to hospital work would be the best choice for my family life @ the time. I have since become a single mom (my husband passed away 3 years ago) and my children have grown so I am looking for a position outside hospital shifts now. And it helps that the pay wages are equal now as they weren’t when I worked here before

Not a good place to work.

Very stressful and lack of support. Right from the day I started orientation they would “ if you stay”. I always felt insecure with the job because that’s all you hear from day one, if we still have a job! It’s put in your head by management. One particular manager is terrible CD stay away from, very negative. I am so glad I left. Best decision ever.

Benefits

Cons

Poor management

Terrible place to work

I would not recommend working here. Mgmt is terrible and high work load. This is not the place for a happy work and family life balance Schedule is terrible in office. I am so happy I left!

Pros

No mgmt support

Vindictive and controlling workplace

The leadership team is not interested in fostering a team environment - “do as I say atmosphere”. A very unhappy workforce on the brink of dissolution. The pay and benefits are the only good thing about this workplace. If you can completely separate worklife from personal, you will thrive. Very high workload with no support or acknowledgment from management.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Workload and negative atmosphere

Reactive, poorly managed, cliquey, no voice, poor job security, things changing moment to moment pre Covid

Need to hire executives that have field experience Need to have more direction, a plan to follow without constant changes as it gives room for mistakes that can cost your careerPoor union support

Pros

Work from home, good pay

Cons

Conatant changes in policies and procedures, poor job security

to increase tManagers are always willing to problem solve with employees.

CCAC (LHIN) was an excellent work experience. Management were approachable, staff worked exceptionally well together. Opportunities for learning were available and varied.

Pros

Safe healthy work environment

Cons

Some shift work but this can work very well with family and personal time.

Positive place to work. Workload, Management appreciation, job culture positive. enjoyable job environment

Positive and fun place to work.Management positive and caringEducational & advancement opportunities available.Hardest part of the job - timing of facilities information arriving at the work place.

Pros

Positive and caring workplace. Staff friendly, no bad feed back

Cons

Pay rate a bit low for the workload. Downsizing due to Ministry budget cuts

Less than ideal experience

Despite some amazing leadership, there is too many managers/directors etc who destroy the work environment and any ability to work in teams. Some significant dishonesty and control issues in management without any oversight or correction. Unrealistic workload, overtime not an option without approval, and is seldom approved when needed. Amount of work completed is more important than the quality of work, client satisfaction and good customer service. Unionized work environment unsupportive to members and does not address issues.

Pros

Some great front line staff (assistants and case managers).

Cons

The bad outwieghs the good in Management/Administration. No accountability of managers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Home and Community Care Support Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement