HOME TRUST COMPANY

HOME TRUST COMPANY Employee Reviews

Canada60 reviews
Stable, Reputable, fast paced culture
-Mortgage underwriting with emphasis on building relationships with brokers

-Very faced paced with Long hours, at times can be difficult for a proper work-life balance

-strong team atmosphere however room for advancement is difficult due to the arrangement of the satellite office outside of Toronto
Productive and fun work place
Co workers were very friendly. Great working environment. Great opportunity to learn about the industry as a summer student. Management put summer students on very interesting projects.
Great place to work & management is approachable and fair.
HTC is a great organization and opportunity to start a career and retirement. Loved the atmosphere and office. Benefits and Bonus were top notch and fun place to work.
Change Management
A lot of changes are happening in the organisation currently.Overall a good company to work . A lot of changes happening to the management and the organisation.
Good coworkers bad management
Management constantly changes and there is no opportunities for advancement. They already have their people in place and promotion applies from who you know very the best candidate.
Productive work enviroment
I had a wonderful experience being part of the Home Trust Team.
My role was to satisfy any customer service needs in the visa department taking all inbound calls for collections, fraud, specialist, giant tiger and future customers.
Productive and engaging workplace with some distractions to break up boredom
Home Trust has one of the best working environments I've ever had the opportunity to set foot into. the workplace is up to date and built to help accommodate the needs of every employee working there. All the representatives of the company were extremely professional and forward and left few questions unanswered. Deadlines for projects were very lenient and it never felt like I was rushed to finish any assignments faster than normal. overall a great environment and would highly recommend a position there.
Good experience
It's a fast paste environment and could be stressful. Although it was a great experience for me. I have learned a lot and I am glad I was part of this fast growing company for the last 12 years.
Company is undergoing many process based changes
Company is recovering from near bankruptcy in 2017; many changes are being made to uproot legacy processes and aggressively move into more current thinking.
A number of older staff were terminated in favour of a youth movement. Turnover in accounting/finance is real.

Cost cutting is a priority.

Installed a nice games room on the top floor.
Pros
Games room. Some efforts towards work/life balance
Cons
Too many managers focusing on personal careers and not on grooming staff.
Amazing place to work
Great people and culture, work and life balance, open to new ideas, looking to adapat new technologies and emrace changing, learning opportunities and .....
Good Experience
Experience was very good. overall satisfactory experience. Friendly management. Average salary and great job culture and i was working in a contract position.
Pros
management
Cons
salary
Was once a champion
Unfortunately after the crash in 2017, many of the technical staff left IT, leaving non-technical staff to assume positions of power they were not suited for. HTC was once a champion, but became a workplace full of politics and zero accountability
fun place to work
Enjoyed working here, very good environment.
Managers are always there to assist, and answer any questions. worked in the call center there is always an event going on.
Great Business visonary execuatives
The Executives are visionary leaders in retail banking, there are amazing people to work with, they are open to new ideas to change and embrace new technologies.
After more than 10 years, I decided to resign with no regret
In my first 5 years I enjoy working here. But then I started seeing a lot of office politics happening. There are too many connection in the company, some managers like to hire their friends and family members. Many people get promotion based on connection, not the quality of work.

I work hard, I am dedicated but never get appreciation. There is no growth for me because promotion is based on connection and favouritism.

I worked with coworkers that were lazy, always talking on the phone and not doing the work. But they know how to get me to help them complete their work just because they have good connection with the manager or supervisor. There are a lot of gossip & cliques in the company.

I had good managers and supervisors in my first 5 years but after they changed to new manager because of connection, I wasn't pleased with his style. He basically doesn't know much about our department and made many wrong decisions. He lack knowledge & experience about work but just good socially. The company always make the wrong person to be the manager.

Manager always tell you they will support you and you are free to talk to them but it is not the case. They won't help if you complain about something that is reasonable. They only care about the work, not about how you feel.

Since I don't see anything will get better. I feel enough about all the negatives. It affected my mental health so I decided to resign. It is not a good place to work.
Pros
Location, Benefits
Cons
Office Politics, Unfair promotion, Too many connection, Some unfriendly people like to bully quiet coworkers, spread rumour, and suck up to senior employees and managers
A casual and fun workplace
Good team and managers
Not much scope for development

Lot of internal politics as in any other company

A lot of support from the managers in hard times
good working experience
I worked as a summer employee and it was amazing. Lots of events to meet people in the company. Building was clean and always had employees with a smile. elevators were fast in the building. Management was good too.
fun workplace
I loved working there, friendly staff, however very repetitive but may be only be the job title I had. I was only there as a summer student so did not learn as much as i hoped for.
Great work place
Love my job, my co-workers and the Management staff. Just too far away from home. Long distance traveling every day. Love working and helping our clients
Great Environment
This company has a great working environment and great people to work with. They promote team building and family culture. They are actively involved in the community as well.
Good working environment, cooperative and friendly team members
Its a good place to work, congenial working environment, fast paced and competitive work loads requires passionate attitude to work for along with lot of fun and enjoyment.