HOME TRUST COMPANY Employee Reviews

Friendly work environment but company is overall behind the times
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 July 2018
- Friendly work environment
- Trending upwards with new management in place
- Promotion opportunities available
- Balance of dull work with average salary not rewarding
Pros
Games room recently opened
Cons
VERY repetitive work day to day
Not a good place to work
Deposit Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 October 2018
I do not know where to start. The orientation was the only positive thing. Firstly, I received little to no adequate training for the role whatsoever and found it difficult to work due to a lack of guidance or training. Secondly, the work was very unrelated to what I expected to do. It was just data entry and involved no interaction with brokers and no AML related tasks that I thought I would be doing. Thirdly, all of my co workers were rude, noisy, talked about no work related things, and were very critical . There was one particular person who was supposed to help me out but was very rude and reluctant. I am glad I left as early as I could
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Annoying coworkers, unprofessional staff, terrible management, lack of training, constant criticism, false job advertising
Not impressed with the work atmosphere!
AML Investigator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 July 2018
Not impressed with the work atmosphere!
Highly unmotivated upper management, my Direct manager is always complaining about the upper management!
No work life balance!
Good working environment, cooperative and friendly team members
Data Processing Officer/Documentation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 October 2018
Its a good place to work, congenial working environment, fast paced and competitive work loads requires passionate attitude to work for along with lot of fun and enjoyment.
Good company with some poor management choices
Manager (Former Employee) –  King Street West, Toronto22 January 2018
The company has had some recent hard times and unfair prejudice but i still believe it is a good sold company. Past management choices have been based on nepotism but the company was looking to correct this and hopefully has made the required changes to bring it back to a good working atmosphere.
Pros
35 hour work week, decent benefits, good people to work with
Cons
Nepotism in promotions given
Great Environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 November 2018
This company has a great working environment and great people to work with. They promote team building and family culture. They are actively involved in the community as well.
Lunch rooms available to be able to get away and enjoy your lunch/break.
Mortgage Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 March 2018
It was a busy place to be. Dealt with numerous emails, called clients, brokers and solicitors. Enjoyed being with the other staff members, created a comaraderie while work was being done. Sometimes it involved late evenings. Depending on which department, you may have been paid or not for working extra.
Pros
Some beverages provided, such as coffee, juice and some soda.
Cons
long hours, training and advancement wasn't readily available
productive, good work/life balance, amazing management
Residential Mortgage Lending, Mortgage Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 April 2018
Home trust has a great work/life balance. Management is phenomenal with coaching and helping staff.

Great peers who are always willing to help and train in areas of need.
Pros
amazing work/life balance
Pays well and good benifits
MORTGAGE ORIGINATOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 March 2018
Company provided a good rate of pay and benefits which kicked in right off the bat. Management was mediocre. Company was going through a lot of changes but I hear things have improved.
fun workplace
Junior Data Analyst in Data Governance Dept (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 December 2018
I loved working there, friendly staff, however very repetitive but may be only be the job title I had. I was only there as a summer student so did not learn as much as i hoped for.
productive
Senior Internal Auditor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 January 2018
culture is good here, the company has changed around and is more stable, good CEO, management has turned around and is much better. Training is much more assessable.
Pros
pizza lunches
Cons
need flex time initiated and more work at home opportunities
Great work/life balance
Call Centre Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 August 2018
Atmosphere is relaxed even though it is a fast-paced customer service environment. Leaders are supportive. There are lots of opportunities for growth and many entry-level opportunities.
Na
AML Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 September 2018
Minimal training and guidance. Not a good environment if you're not a good self-learner. You're golden if you can make friends with upper mangement. Pool and table tennis tables in the Toronto location.
negative place
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 January 2018
people are constantly bullied, threatened, over worked, under paid, and there is no support from the horrible management and or HR.....................
Pros
good location
Cons
no support, no job security, horrible management
Good
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 July 2018
I have learned a lot at Home. I really enjoy working with the people in this business as well as the challenges. The most enjoyable part of the job was working as a team to meet the IFRS9 deadline.
Very unfair and unhealthy culture
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 April 2018
My review is based on my experience, basically the VP I work for. She is highly incompetent for the role, very biased and racist. My predecessors have left the position and moved to other team. The HR and CIO is aware of this, there have been complains in past, and HR recommends to not waste time on trying to fix the situation.
Overall Great Experience
Senior Bilingual Mortgage Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 May 2017
When I started here 7 years ago, I entered the world of alternative lending, a night and day difference from A lending. The company has been amazing to work for. From summer picnics, to annual parties to monthly lunches the list goes on.

It is not secret what has been going on as it is all being portayed negatively, but I will say that I would not be looking to leave any time soon because it has been a wonderful 7 years.
Pros
Salary, Flexibility with time off, People, Perks
Cons
Promotions that were not warranted for individuals with less experience
fun workplace
Deposit Administrator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 April 2017
good experience, workplace culture, exposure to a variety of case scenarios, multitasking jobs, nice people, management is very approachable, company is focused on accommodating the employees needs
Pros
free juices, Children Christmas Party, family picnic at Wonderland, Friday draws etc.
Very dynamic company
Vice President, Information Technology (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario9 September 2013
Very interesting and dynamic company. Employed at a time of very explosive growth and change, with many challenges and a very talented executive management group. Was exposed to many areas outside of pure technology, had the opportunity to learn about the workings and management of a Canadian financial institution. Excellent exposure to third party vendors and conferences and seminars to advance knowledge within the technology area.
Pros
Opportunity to advance new technology.
Cons
Great emphasis on work-life balance
QUALITY CONTROL SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 January 2016
Home Trust Company is a family-oriented company with an emphasis on work-life balance. The office culture is crafty and social with seasonal decorating.
Pros
Free lunches, giveaways, a weekly draw, seasonal contests and games
Cons
Lateral moves/minimal advancement, frequent desk changes, moderate pay