HOME TRUST COMPANY Employee Reviews

fun place to work
Bilingual Visa Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 April 2019
Enjoyed working here, very good environment.
Managers are always there to assist, and answer any questions. worked in the call center there is always an event going on.
Great Business visonary execuatives
AVP, Chief Enterprise Architect (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 April 2019
The Executives are visionary leaders in retail banking, there are amazing people to work with, they are open to new ideas to change and embrace new technologies.
After more than 10 years, I decided to resign with no regret
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 March 2019
In my first 5 years I enjoy working here. But then I started seeing a lot of office politics happening. There are too many connection in the company, some managers like to hire their friends and family members. Many people get promotion based on connection, not the quality of work.

I work hard, I am dedicated but never get appreciation. There is no growth for me because promotion is based on connection and favouritism.

I worked with coworkers that were lazy, always talking on the phone and not doing the work. But they know how to get me to help them complete their work just because they have good connection with the manager or supervisor. There are a lot of gossip & cliques in the company.

I had good managers and supervisors in my first 5 years but after they changed to new manager because of connection, I wasn't pleased with his style. He basically doesn't know much about our department and made many wrong decisions. He lack knowledge & experience about work but just good socially. The company always make the wrong person to be the manager.

Manager always tell you they will support you and you are free to talk to them but it is not the case. They won't help if you complain about something that is reasonable. They only care about the work, not about how you feel.

Since I don't see anything will get better. I feel enough about all the negatives. It affected my mental health so I decided to resign. It is not a good place to work.
Pros
Location, Benefits
Cons
Office Politics, Unfair promotion, Too many connection, Some unfriendly people like to bully quiet coworkers, spread rumour, and suck up to senior employees and managers
A casual and fun workplace
ETL Developer/Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Ontario9 March 2019
Good team and managers
Not much scope for development
Lot of internal politics as in any other company
A lot of support from the managers in hard times
good working experience
Enterprise Architect Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 February 2019
I worked as a summer employee and it was amazing. Lots of events to meet people in the company. Building was clean and always had employees with a smile. elevators were fast in the building. Management was good too.
fun workplace
Junior Data Analyst in Data Governance Dept (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 December 2018
I loved working there, friendly staff, however very repetitive but may be only be the job title I had. I was only there as a summer student so did not learn as much as i hoped for.
Great work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 November 2018
Love my job, my co-workers and the Management staff. Just too far away from home. Long distance traveling every day. Love working and helping our clients
Great Environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 November 2018
This company has a great working environment and great people to work with. They promote team building and family culture. They are actively involved in the community as well.
Good working environment, cooperative and friendly team members
Data Processing Officer/Documentation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 October 2018
Its a good place to work, congenial working environment, fast paced and competitive work loads requires passionate attitude to work for along with lot of fun and enjoyment.
Not a good place to work
Deposit Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 October 2018
I do not know where to start. The orientation was the only positive thing. Firstly, I received little to no adequate training for the role whatsoever and found it difficult to work due to a lack of guidance or training. Secondly, the work was very unrelated to what I expected to do. It was just data entry and involved no interaction with brokers and no AML related tasks that I thought I would be doing. Thirdly, all of my co workers were rude, noisy, talked about no work related things, and were very critical . There was one particular person who was supposed to help me out but was very rude and reluctant. I am glad I left as early as I could
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Annoying coworkers, unprofessional staff, terrible management, lack of training, constant criticism, false job advertising
Na
AML Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 September 2018
Minimal training and guidance. Not a good environment if you're not a good self-learner. You're golden if you can make friends with upper mangement. Pool and table tennis tables in the Toronto location.
Great work/life balance
Call Centre Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 August 2018
Atmosphere is relaxed even though it is a fast-paced customer service environment. Leaders are supportive. There are lots of opportunities for growth and many entry-level opportunities.
Good
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 July 2018
I have learned a lot at Home. I really enjoy working with the people in this business as well as the challenges. The most enjoyable part of the job was working as a team to meet the IFRS9 deadline.
Not impressed with the work atmosphere!
AML Investigator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 July 2018
Not impressed with the work atmosphere!
Highly unmotivated upper management, my Direct manager is always complaining about the upper management!
No work life balance!
Friendly work environment but company is overall behind the times
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 July 2018
- Friendly work environment
- Trending upwards with new management in place
- Promotion opportunities available
- Balance of dull work with average salary not rewarding
Pros
Games room recently opened
Cons
VERY repetitive work day to day
Very unfair and unhealthy culture
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 April 2018
My review is based on my experience, basically the VP I work for. She is highly incompetent for the role, very biased and racist. My predecessors have left the position and moved to other team. The HR and CIO is aware of this, there have been complains in past, and HR recommends to not waste time on trying to fix the situation.
productive, good work/life balance, amazing management
Residential Mortgage Lending, Mortgage Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 April 2018
Home trust has a great work/life balance. Management is phenomenal with coaching and helping staff.

Great peers who are always willing to help and train in areas of need.
Pros
amazing work/life balance
na
Mortgage Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 March 2018
The co overall was great place. The business is excellent and the company would continue to be a great one back again. I think in due course would be back to the top
Pays well and good benifits
MORTGAGE ORIGINATOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 March 2018
Company provided a good rate of pay and benefits which kicked in right off the bat. Management was mediocre. Company was going through a lot of changes but I hear things have improved.
Lunch rooms available to be able to get away and enjoy your lunch/break.
Mortgage Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 March 2018
It was a busy place to be. Dealt with numerous emails, called clients, brokers and solicitors. Enjoyed being with the other staff members, created a comaraderie while work was being done. Sometimes it involved late evenings. Depending on which department, you may have been paid or not for working extra.
Pros
Some beverages provided, such as coffee, juice and some soda.
Cons
long hours, training and advancement wasn't readily available