Home Outfitters Employee Reviews

Home Outfitters is the great place where you can improve you customer service experience
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 April 2018
I have learned a lot which gives me a great experience . I was so happy to be around to my coworkers they are supportive. we shear ideas to provide good customer service.
Fun workplace
Associate (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC25 March 2018
Sorting out product from truck to put on shelves. Put up signs for events/flyers. Customer service throughout the day. Most enjoyable part of the job was setting up displays and new product throughout the store. The culture was good within all departments and great team work. The Management was one of the best.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Pay
Worked as auxillary inventory for three days.
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC5 February 2018
I started my shifts at 5 pm and continued to 2 am, counting pillows, mirrors, rugs, chairs, desks etc. managers are nice and the employees i worked with were really nice and donw to earth.
Pros
pays well.
Cons
late and long shifts.
I don't love the job but was treated fair but pay was low.
Call Paul the Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 January 2018
In comparison to current job it was a 3 out of 10 in every aspect because the job I do now is not about hurrying or staying busy. When at my current job is down time I can break and not have to look busy. I love how they structured their break system. I believe every job should be like this.
Cons
Taking breaks when you feel like one and one hour break for a 8 hour shift
ok place to work at.
Receiver, Merchandiser, Cashier (Current Employee) –  Concord, ON2 January 2018
The people there are nice to work with, but the pay was not great and not enough hours, no room for advancement, management come and go, company losing business
Pros
nice people to work with.
Cons
pay not great, not enough full time position.
Flexible hours but low pay
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC30 October 2017
It is a good place to work as there are no targets. Although, there is no commission and people have been working there for more than 5-10 years without any career advancements.
Pros
good management, flexible hours
Cons
no growth
nice place to work
Responding from the cashier (Former Employee) –  Hiway 7 at Markham, on.26 October 2017
the only thing I don't like in this company are the employees, they are not so friendly, the management are ok, the hard part is the place is to far from my place , my pay is only going to my bus fair,
the most enjoyable part is dealing with the customer.
Pros
bring our food
Cons
fellow the time schadule
Customer Service environment where excellence was recognized
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON26 October 2017
Managed one of the two departments in the store.
Managed and coached team of associates.
Handled customer issues appropriately.
Worked with associates to meet store goals.
nice home accessories
Department Head/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON10 September 2017
High quality of products for you home. depends on your position you need to up and down ladders with heavy items
you need to unload receiving the stock them
Pros
you have at least one weekend off
Cons
your shift can be long
Good Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 August 2017
Fairly good company. Good benefits- excellent discounts- flexible work schedule. Most enjoyable part of the job is providing satisfactory customer service-customers appreciating the service they received.
Cons
irregular work schedule
It was closing
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 August 2017
What happened at the home outfitters that I worked at does not reflect other home outfitters. It was a store that was closing, but it was unprepared with the number of customers, knowledge of items and discounts in the store, and organization.
Pros
Good employees
Sales Manager
Sales and Merchandise Manager (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK28 July 2017
I was the Sales Manager for Home Outfitters. Helping increase sales as well as the Home Outfitters MasterCard and the benefits and rewards of joining the Hudson Bay Company
Mediocre work experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 July 2017
One of my first jobs. Good start. Basically showed me how bad a job can potentially get and how little a management team could care about the safety of their employees. I just wish I knew more when I worked there so I could set my limits. As an underage worker, I was definitely taken advantage of.
Pros
...it's almost going out of business
Cons
Poor management. Horrible pay
Glad The Regina Location is Closing
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK24 July 2017
Ive worked here a few months and Its usually very slow, I haven't learned much from this job. The customers complain constantly about the marked up prices, they arnt dumb. they know they are getting ripped off. The things we have on liquidation you can still get at walmart for the same price. The management is pretty lame. They "forget" a lot of the things I ask for. Including days off. I was promised "lots of hours" and in the end Im only getting about 14 hrs a week.
In the end the store in Regina is closing so I guess they just stopped caring about the employee and customer needs.
Cons
No discounts, Managers are "forgetful", No hours
Great people to work with
Administration/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON29 May 2017
At the time it was hard to advance ended up leaving because only getting part time hours and no room to grow. Friendly environment and great place to work if only looking for part time hours.
Flexible Hours
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  20 Lebovic Ave. Toronto, ON10 May 2017
As an aspiring actor, holding down a job can be extremely difficult, especially when I have to drop a shift on short notice to go to an audition. Home Outfitters has been more than accommodating when it comes to changing my work schedule to fit my casting calls and shooting days.
Pros
Friendly, encouraging, and understanding managers. Good co-workers. Overall positive environment.
Cons
Short breaks. Working long hours through holiday and summer seasons. Complicated cashier procedures.
Work
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON9 May 2017
I enjoyed working at home outfitters. I had a job that I enjoyed and I worked only mornings. They did change the structure and procedure of unloading trucks so my job changed. It was hard on me to work with that.
poor management
Hardlines Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 May 2017
Favoritism designated amount of hours received weekly. Management was less than competent. The hardest part of the job was not having enough guidance from management.
Great jumping-off point into Customer Service
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON25 April 2017
Home Outfitters is a well-known brand in Ontario, and their products and customer service live up to a respectable review. While some of their prices might be higher than you'd find at a Walmart, you can't beat the quality or the variety of selection.

Offering SodaStream CO2 canister exchanges, impressively knowledgeable staff, and a desire to see the customer drive away satisfied with their purchase, it is one of the better places to work.
Pros
Quick and efficient staff, high quality items, great selection and stock of items
Cons
Pricy, few staff on floor, scheduling conflicts happen a lot
Nice Associates, Difficult Management
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 April 2017
Home Outfitters offered great experience but in a poor way. There was barely any training, they clearly believed in throwing you in and hoping you understand what you're doing. When you're told to do something and you do it just as you were told you're told it's done wrong. This is all from the management for the most part, I've had great experiences with the other associates, they were nothing but kind to me. It also seems clear that cooperate doesn't care about the retail side of the company.
Pros
Experience in every department
Cons
Not too much respect, poor delegation from management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Home Outfitters. Our community is ready to answer.