Home Outfitters Employee Reviews

fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 April 2019
working hard and at a fast past.
i learned alot about working at Home Outfitters
managment was good
lifting really heavy stuff alone at times
lunch breaks so i could talk to my friends that had same lunch time as me
Great Place to Work
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK9 March 2019
Wonderful place to work. Sad that We are Closing :( Great People Really made the work environment fun. Managers really cared about employees and tried their best to be accommodating of all situations.
can be busy or slow
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 January 2019
I enjoyed it because I love interior design but other than that it was a typical retail position with occurrences you would see at any chain of stores
Good Place To Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 November 2018
I enjoyed my employment at the Home Outfitters in West Edmonton. The store manager there was really good, he was super nice and accommodated most of my needs. The other managers that were there at the time of my employment were really good too. I enjoyed coming to work everyday, sometimes customers can run you down a bit in retail though.

The store manager as well as another floor manager ended up leaving around the same time as I did so I have no idea what its like there now.

I left to continue my education and start my career in another line of work.
overall experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 November 2018
I enjoyed working at Home outfitters, the staff and managers were all wonderful to work with and it was really well organized. The only issue I had was with the head company Hutson's Bay its self and the lack of security. The only cameras that worked were the ones near the checkouts and there were none in the back storage and that's where we got hit the most. The head company were always contradicting themselves whenever we followed the rules and a customer didn't like, they would complain to head office and then head office would blame us.
Pros
good managment
Cons
bad security
it was a great first job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 October 2018
I had just moved out on my own from my parents and this was a great first job. It gave me a culture shock as I was from the country. Always learning through the senior associates and through self guided learning on-line.
I love working here
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 October 2018
Home Outfitters is warm welcoming and feels like home. Everyone is supportive and makes learning fun. My favorite part of the job is merchandising and visual because the products are so easy to work with.
Working at HomeOutfitters
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON12 October 2018
Working at HomeOutfitters was an amazing job. I learned a lot about customer service, stocking and merchandising. I help customer find what they are looking for, help carrying out heavy products, answering phone calls, setting up displays, pricing and stocking and receiving. The job can come with some troubles such as angry customers but I always do my best to work through all problem with a smile and a positive attitude.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Not enough hours
productive workplace
INVENTORY CLERK (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON3 September 2018
home outfitters is a clean and quiet environment, making it easy to get your work done. you can work comfortably at your own pace, and its' management team is also very good.
Pros
laid back environment
Cons
slow business hours
Excellent place to work
POINT OF SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 August 2018
Excellent environment to learn about the retail environment, as it is apart of one of the largest companies in Canada (The Hudson's Bay Company). Amazing experience and environment.
Pretty regular hours
Shipper Receiver/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 August 2018
The hours I got were early morning to early afternoon. The people I worked with/for were good. The pay sucked because it's a retail store, so duh. I don't have much bad to say about the company though. Kind of overpriced merchandise though.
Famous and Neat Branded Business . Sisters with the Hudson Bay
Friendly Environment
Evaluation and Increment done annually
Continuous online development courses
Health and Safety
Pros
Part time joob
Cons
Excellent Management
great
Customer Service Representative, Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, on8 July 2018
i enjoyed working with the Hudson Bay Company, where I worked for 10 years. there was always something to gain with the service we provide to our customers, who I treated as part of my family.
There was always room for improvement and a step to climb higher in the job field.
Pros
Points for credit, gift cards etc
Cons
sorry they had to close
Productive and fun workplace
Contract Inventory Counter (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON7 July 2018
Enjoyable work environment and fun workplace to have been apart of. Great salary per hour and good hours as well. Recommend it because I had an overall great experience
Interesting merchandise, employees treated poorly.
Shipper/Receiver, Sales Asssoc., Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON6 July 2018
Scheduled work week that startson Sunday, only posted 3 days beforehand, every week.
Tendency to have schedules reduced, especially near end of month.
Performance based raises, that are zeroed out by cost of living increases.
No benefits.
No security.
Cons
High expectations, on minimal budget & time. High strung bridal customers.
Good place to work for.
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Canada30 June 2018
Working for home outfitters was ok. I was only there to help out for inventory for a weekend. Everyone there is nice and has no problem helping out if you get stuck or are unsure of something.
Nice place to work overall
CASHIER/SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON16 June 2018
I was expected to know a lot without being told certain things. Also was fired without warning for something that still baffles me to this day. If I was spoken to about it I definitely would have improved. It is, however, a nice place to work and my co-workers were amazing.
Pros
Reasonable breaks
Cons
Expect you to know everything when you're new on the job
Temporary Job but still amazing
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC26 May 2018
I unfortunately only worked for this company in temporary positions while they collected inventory every year, as they always hired in outside help, however the managers were some of the most lovely people I've ever met & worked for.
Productive and slow to fast pace environment
Merchandiser (MMT) (Former Employee) –  20 Lebovic Ave, Scarborough, ON M1L 4V925 May 2018
Home Outfitters is a very productive slow to fast pace environment with good salary and benefits. I had the opportunity to learn certain skills like how approach an customer, to learning how to use the electronic cashier system. Management was very friendly but they could be forgetful sometimes. There are days were it was slow and there are days were it was fast and consistently busy. The hardest part of the job would be unloading the trucks and doing multiple task at once , since it was understaffed you would have one person doing a certain task that would usually take 5 people to accomplish. The most enjoyable part of the job would be interacting with customers and setting and organizing the floor.
Pros
Employee Discount
Pretty Boring
Sale Associate (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 May 2018
At least for my location at yorkdale shopping centre, you are working alone for most of the time, since not a lot of people go to the mall for pillows and forks. Also, they put you on cash right away, and don't really know the layout of the store which made it difficult to help customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Home Outfitters. Our community is ready to answer.