Home Instead
Happiness score is 89 out of 100

Home Instead Employee Reviews

I have only been there for a month so not a lot to say good or bad at this time. The owner is very approachable as is his second in command. They truly do care about the care they provide to clients. And try to match us w people that we would be compatible with. I am enjoying my first assignment :)
Pros
Always available if needed
Cons
Looking for a few more hours
I get a full support from the supervisor.I can manage my time schedule. They recognize your effort by giving an award and incentive.They support you to achieve your career goals.
Everyone is great from the staff to the owners! Everyone seems very personable and they work with you. The schedulers are excellent and working here is a great opportunity for anyone. You meet great people!
Pros
They work around your life and schedule.
Cons
No health benefits that i am aware of.
Very efficient very considerate of situations accommodating when needed. They match you with appropriate clients that you can get along with and won’t feel cultural, language or other such barriers.
Pros
Great pay, great clients
Cons
No Benefits
Very friendly staff and seemed like the interview was setting you up for a quality work experience.We were spoon fed the answers to provide on the WHMIS training.Also, when you tell them what sort of opportunities interest you, they really don't take your interests into account when offering you shifts.When COVID hit this past winter and the world went into lockdown, I had to contact this company to ask where I stood with shifts - they made no attempt to contact me and let me know where I stood with them as a new hire. Very unprofessional.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
they don't take into consideration your preferred client type, even though they ask you this at the interview. Why bother?!
23 November 2020
Thank you for your review of this Home Instead franchise office. Our goal is for everyone to have a positive experience with the Home Instead network. Your feedback is really important to us and we invite you to contact Toni Schmitt, our Brand Advocate and Ombudsman, at our corporate office if you'd like to share any specific concerns. You can reach Toni at 888-484-5759. Thank you.
You are belittled by staff members, clients are not happy with the admin, there is no compensation for wear and tear or gas for your vehicle and you are expected to travel up to 40 minutes to your client. They offer benefits but you have to pay into a group plan which is higher than most. You are often expected to take on medical tasks that should be designated to an lpn or nurse and only paid minimum wage. Flexible but threaten to fire if you change your schedule too much. Not worth the stress.
This company is playing on desperate people as the salary is minimum wage with no benefits, vacation or health. Expected to have your own car and phone and they pay nothing towards them. They even want you to pay for a police check which they do not re-imburse you for and they want you to do online training which they do not pay you for. Clearly the only people making money are the greedy franchise owners. Do not work for these people. That is the only way to ensure they stop exploiting people.
Pros
Working with Seniors
Cons
Slave Labour on minimum wage and no benefits. You pay to work - gas, car, phone
Great company to work especially if you are looking for flexibility. They cannot guarantee hours but this is explained in detail before any job offer is placed so even though I see other people complaining I think this is unfair because they are very honest about the expectation.
Pros
Schedule & Time off Flexibility
Cons
No guaranteed hours
23 November 2020
We’re glad to hear you enjoy working with the Home Instead network. Thank you for the great review and for taking the time to leave your thoughts for others – we appreciate it!
This company strives to make sure staff are getting the hours they want. They try and accommodate both staff and clients. Management are very helpful and always there to take calls for questions or concerns.
Pros
Accommodating
Cons
No breaks, mileage not paid when traveling long distances to clients residence
The management is fabulous, Everyone is friendly, With a positive attitude, The job is not too strenuous on my body. I love that I get to meet new people.
1 October 2020
We’re glad to hear you love working with the Home Instead Senior Care network. Thank you for the great review and for taking the time to leave your thoughts for others – we appreciate it!
Lots of hours, staff are understanding and cooperative. Staff safety is a priority. Good place to work, but the pay could be better. Company does not pay mileage.
Pros
Lots of hours if you want them
Cons
Low pay, frequent call ins on your days off.
The only reward with this job comes from your own relationship with caring for the clients and families. Any workers here work from the heart, because the pay is so low. The agency has strong expectations of good care but the overall goal is to save money. If you have a care worker from this place please know they are working from the heart or they have a rich husband or a lot of money. It is not enough to live from. They have to use their own phones and gas to work there without any payback. The wages are the lowest I’ve ever seen.
Pros
Office staff are quite friendly
Cons
Lowest pay ever
My experience with home instead was very grateful, i loved that place, staff was really responsible and kind and one thing i love about them was we got opportunity to take some outside training.
Pros
time schedule
Cons
less wage
I had a good experience working with them the management in general is good. However they don't pay well and the hours that they offer are limited. I will recommend working with them if you are studying and working since the working hours are flexible.
Pros
Good management
Cons
No too many hours worked.
This job is very rewarding and the staff are wonderful! The staff go out of their way to help accommodate you and work around your schedule. They are very compassionate. I find it rewarding because I love working with seniors!
I have worked at this company since 2018 The staff are friendly and cooperative. I have hours that I am happy with They try to get you the hours you want with follow up
Pros
Good staff, wonderful clients
Cons
Rate of pay per hour is not the highest, no benefits, no gas allowance
It would of been a better place to work if they would appreciated the workers and if issues got resolved instead of tossed to the side witch Causes a lot of stress on workers .office staff isn’t the easiest to deal with. But Clients were good and nice and friendly.
This company mass hires just for the numbers. Hours of work are very few because they are shared with all employees. Although it’s been a long time, I will not work for them again due to having to get a second and third job to make ends meet. Office staff are there for business only, not for a friendly hello.
Pros
Hired immediately
Cons
Very few hours available most times. Office staff are not available for a “Hello, how are you” conversation.
Great place to work, where I have been treated like a family. Good team work, Managers and coordinators help if there is an issue with anything, and do there best to resolve any problems. Training is always available free of cost , to update my skills. I love working for this company.
Pros
Doing what I love to do and learning new things.
Cons
Attachment to client and they eventually die.
Strong staff team; Good learning experience; Organized by the government; Changing environment; Interprofessional Communication; Dynamic work environment.
I enjoyed Home Instead very much. The clients were amazing. Each one of them had a different and unique personality. Sometimes it could emotionally drain you as it break your heart to see some of the things they’re broken by. Having loved ones passing away, removed (for their safety) from their homes and into facilities that can manage them better as well as provide the ultimate care one needs.
Pros
All pros
Cons
Can’t think of any
  1. Employee reviews