Home Instead

Home Instead Employee Reviews

On the surface the job seemed ideal. I could work the hours I needed and balance a personal life. Not so easy to do. You are quickly assigned clients which is good I suppose. You must be prepared for CONSTANT emails, texts and phone calls. That part drove me insane. Last minute shift calls were pretty regular. If you’re in need of hours, you’ll get them but driving more then a half hour through this city for a minimum hour shift simply is not worth it to me. Wear and tear on your car, gas and having a great cell phone data package isn’t brought up in interview process. Mileage is NOT paid. Why would anyone spend hours driving in any given week and not get compensated? The clients are wonderful for the most part but the business end of the job is BRUTAL.
Pros
Wonderful clients
Cons
Extensive driving. Constant interruptions thru emails, txts and phone calls. Average wage
5 April 2021
Thank you for your review of this Home Instead franchise office. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience with this office and thank you for your service.
The office employees are exceptional to work with, with exception to management. It is a small office where communication is key. Upon being hired you are lead to believe that you will be given fair opportunity to improve if you are lacking in areas of your job performance. You are also led to believe that you would be spoken to if you were not meeting standards. This is untrue. I was let go in the most unprofessional way I have ever seen in a workplace. Management discards you as if you don’t exist and has zero respect for your time. There is no consideration if you ask for a reason behind termination to improve yourself for the future. I am not the only employee of home instead that has worked under this manager and had this same experience. There is a false sense of security and this job is not reliable.
Wouldn't reccommend working as administrative for this agency. They won't train you, and then they will let you go if you aren't able to do the job without adequate training. They will gossip in the office and then they will let you go without good reasoning. Do not take the chance
Pros
Hours
Cons
Gossip, lack of training
I worked for this company for less then 1 year. There is a lot of disrespect, backstabbing, and gossiping from the manager which explains why they have gone through a considerable number of staff. The owner comes in occasionally to have a meeting with the office staff and ends up making everyone feel horrible about what they are doing. You are left deflated and uninspired to do more. There is never any appreciation for the great job that you do or the initiatives that you bring to the table. The training that you receive is very limited for office staff and Caregivers. You are mostly left to figure it out on your own.
Pros
The job was great! I loved working with the Caregivers, the seniors, and their families.
Cons
No job security, horrible office environment, lots of turnover in office staff
12 March 2021
Thank you for your review of this Home Instead franchise office. Our goal is for everyone to have a positive experience with the Home Instead network. Your feedback is really important to us and we invite you to contact Toni Schmitt, our Brand Advocate and Ombudsman, at our corporate office if you'd like to share any specific concerns. You can reach Toni at 888-484-5759. Thank you.
I get a full support from the supervisor.I can manage my time schedule. They recognize your effort by giving an award and incentive.They support you to achieve your career goals.
Everyone is great from the staff to the owners! Everyone seems very personable and they work with you. The schedulers are excellent and working here is a great opportunity for anyone. You meet great people!
Pros
They work around your life and schedule.
Cons
No health benefits that i am aware of.
Very efficient very considerate of situations accommodating when needed. They match you with appropriate clients that you can get along with and won’t feel cultural, language or other such barriers.
Pros
Great pay, great clients
Cons
No Benefits
Very friendly staff and seemed like the interview was setting you up for a quality work experience.We were spoon fed the answers to provide on the WHMIS training.Also, when you tell them what sort of opportunities interest you, they really don't take your interests into account when offering you shifts.When COVID hit this past winter and the world went into lockdown, I had to contact this company to ask where I stood with shifts - they made no attempt to contact me and let me know where I stood with them as a new hire. Very unprofessional.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
they don't take into consideration your preferred client type, even though they ask you this at the interview. Why bother?!
23 November 2020
You are belittled by staff members, clients are not happy with the admin, there is no compensation for wear and tear or gas for your vehicle and you are expected to travel up to 40 minutes to your client. They offer benefits but you have to pay into a group plan which is higher than most. You are often expected to take on medical tasks that should be designated to an lpn or nurse and only paid minimum wage. Flexible but threaten to fire if you change your schedule too much. Not worth the stress.
This company is playing on desperate people as the salary is minimum wage with no benefits, vacation or health. Expected to have your own car and phone and they pay nothing towards them. They even want you to pay for a police check which they do not re-imburse you for and they want you to do online training which they do not pay you for. Clearly the only people making money are the greedy franchise owners. Do not work for these people. That is the only way to ensure they stop exploiting people.
Pros
Working with Seniors
Cons
Slave Labour on minimum wage and no benefits. You pay to work - gas, car, phone
Great company to work especially if you are looking for flexibility. They cannot guarantee hours but this is explained in detail before any job offer is placed so even though I see other people complaining I think this is unfair because they are very honest about the expectation.
Pros
Schedule & Time off Flexibility
Cons
No guaranteed hours
23 November 2020
We’re glad to hear you enjoy working with the Home Instead network. Thank you for the great review and for taking the time to leave your thoughts for others – we appreciate it!
This company strives to make sure staff are getting the hours they want. They try and accommodate both staff and clients. Management are very helpful and always there to take calls for questions or concerns.
Pros
Accommodating
Cons
No breaks, mileage not paid when traveling long distances to clients residence
I have only been there for a month so not a lot to say good or bad at this time. The owner is very approachable as is his second in command. They truly do care about the care they provide to clients. And try to match us w people that we would be compatible with. I am enjoying my first assignment :)
Pros
Always available if needed
Cons
Looking for a few more hours
The management is fabulous, Everyone is friendly, With a positive attitude, The job is not too strenuous on my body. I love that I get to meet new people.
1 October 2020
We’re glad to hear you love working with the Home Instead Senior Care network. Thank you for the great review and for taking the time to leave your thoughts for others – we appreciate it!
Lots of hours, staff are understanding and cooperative. Staff safety is a priority. Good place to work, but the pay could be better. Company does not pay mileage.
Pros
Lots of hours if you want them
Cons
Low pay, frequent call ins on your days off.
The only reward with this job comes from your own relationship with caring for the clients and families. Any workers here work from the heart, because the pay is so low. The agency has strong expectations of good care but the overall goal is to save money. If you have a care worker from this place please know they are working from the heart or they have a rich husband or a lot of money. It is not enough to live from. They have to use their own phones and gas to work there without any payback. The wages are the lowest I’ve ever seen.
Pros
Office staff are quite friendly
Cons
Lowest pay ever
My experience with home instead was very grateful, i loved that place, staff was really responsible and kind and one thing i love about them was we got opportunity to take some outside training.
Pros
time schedule
Cons
less wage
I had a good experience working with them the management in general is good. However they don't pay well and the hours that they offer are limited. I will recommend working with them if you are studying and working since the working hours are flexible.
Pros
Good management
Cons
No too many hours worked.
This job is very rewarding and the staff are wonderful! The staff go out of their way to help accommodate you and work around your schedule. They are very compassionate. I find it rewarding because I love working with seniors!
I have worked at this company since 2018 The staff are friendly and cooperative. I have hours that I am happy with They try to get you the hours you want with follow up
Pros
Good staff, wonderful clients
Cons
Rate of pay per hour is not the highest, no benefits, no gas allowance
It would of been a better place to work if they would appreciated the workers and if issues got resolved instead of tossed to the side witch Causes a lot of stress on workers .office staff isn’t the easiest to deal with. But Clients were good and nice and friendly.
  1. Employee reviews